• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 827 Views, 60 Comments

The Techno Wedding. - SolidFerret



Sequel to The DJ and The Keyboard Player. The two are now getting married. But will an old sibling rivalry set things back.

  • ...
2
 60
 827

New arrivals meet old rivals.

[A/N] Little heads up Programs, this chapter is told in a third person point of view.




The train pulled into the station as a few visitors piled out as they recognized Ponyville as their stop. A few got out and saw family waiting for them and greeted them with hugs while others began made their way to a hotel or a friends home to visit.

One pony in particular got off the train. He had a a green coat with a dark orange mane. He had horn on his head and a burst of magic for a cutie mark. He was nervous around crowds and getting off the train and away from everypony was the one thing he planned to do. He looked and saw that the sky was filled with dark clouds. Weather Pegasi knew about the upcoming wedding and made sure that it would rain to get water to crops for farmers. It would probably be storming by night time.

As he nervously stepped off the train and out of the station, hoping that nopony would try tot talk to him, a pink blurred sped up to him and when it appeared it knocked him to the ground.

"Hey my friends told me to look for a pony that you." She said at a fast pace. The stallion on the ground looked at her with a gleam in his eye as he starred at her. She look beautiful in his eyes.

"Hello. Equestria to new friend. Hello?" he said knocking a hoof on his head to see if he was still there.

"Oh silly me. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Pinkie Pie. What's your name?"

Stuttering the pony had began to struggle getting up. Pinkie put her hoof out and lifted him up. When he got on his hooves he looked in Pinkies' eyes. He was lost at the blue color that seemed to enchant him. After starring for an awkward amount of time he to look away with a blush on his cheeks.

"uhm...I'm.. Nova Burst." He stuttered out. Pinkie was use to quiet ponies and could hear him easily enough. She then looked at Novas' flank and asked,

"What does your cutie mark mean?" Nova was blushing more as Pinkie inspected his flank.

"It means I have a skill in magic." He said.

"Just like my friend Twilight. She does all sorts of magic. You two would have been good together if she wasn't crushing on another pony.

"I never really wanted to date her." He said.

"Well is there anypony you do want to date." Pinkie asked. Unaware that Nova was embarrassed by the question.

"Uhm nopony." he lied. Before Pinkie could get a follow up question, Nova asked,

"So what do you do.?"

"Well I'm a baker and oh yeah my cutie mark means that I'm good at throwing parties." Nova could tell that she was very energetic and was probably the local town celebrity.

"Come on lets go to Sugarcube Corner. It's where I work and live." She said as she grabbed his hoof and began to pull him off towards the bakery. When he got there, he saw a few ponies since the place was closed.

"Okay so there is only one of my best friends here. Her name is Applejack. She's here to get some food with a farm hand named-"

"Caramel!"

The ponys' ears perked up at the sound of his name being called. He turned and to the source of the voice.

"Nova?"

"Yeah it's me." He said. Caramel walked over to him. The two bumped hooves.

"Dude it's been forever. How have you been?" Caramel asked.

"Not much to say. After moving to Canterlot there really wasn't really anything new. I made a few friends ,one of them is getting married here, and I got my cutie mark for the magic skills I use to move around. He demonstrated when his horn glowed orange and he began to walk. As he walked, orange panels appeared above he ground right before he put his hooves down. He walked up a small staircase before hoping to the ground.

"So you two know each other?" Applejack asked pointing a hoof at them.

"Yep. Caramel and I knew each other when I lived in Manehatten. We were always rivals trying to beat each other at anything there was."

"Wow, I didn't know you two know each other. This is the second reunion so far for the wedding."

"Well I hate to tear two friends away but-" Applejack was cut off by a crack of thunder. "The storm is starting."

"Crap. Sorry dude I gotta get this food to Sweet Apple Acres. We'll catch up alright?"

"Right. See ya."

Caramel sprinted out the door. Applejack called to him but as he stepped out he slipped on some mud and fell on his back.

"I was gonna say you forgot the package." She had the package on the ground next to her that she brought over with her mouth. Quickly getting up, Cramel took the package and ran off with Applejack.

No sooner did the two leave that Hard Chord and Twilight burst through the door with Spike following.

"Pinkie we're here for the-"

"I know let me get the cake." She said as she went to the kitchen.

Hard Chord looked over. "Nova. How's it been?"

"Good." He said.

Twilight asked, "You two know each other?"

"Yeah. He was one of the ponies we ran from Princess Celestia with."

"Well nice to meet you. I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"I'm Nova Burst." He said nervously.

Pinkie Pie came back with a box. She gave it to Twilight. Hard Chord gave her a few bits and the trio took off.

That's when Nova realized that he couldn't make it to the hotel. Before he could find an alternative a voice spoke up behind him.

"Nova would you like to stay here for the night?" A stallion with a yellow coat and orange mane asked."

"Oh no sir. I'd hate to be a burden."

"Nonsense. Pinkie seems to like you a lot." Novas' cheeks went pink.

"Wrong choice of words?" He asked.

"Very.uh mister...?"

"Carrot Cake. Well what do you say?"

Nova was about to decline before Pinkie wrapped her hooves around her neck and hugged him.

"Please Nova."

"PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE?"

"Alright I will."

"Yay come on I have a spare bed in my room. Come on." She said as she raced upstairs to her room. Before Nova could follow a hoof fell on his shoulder and he flinched on contact.

"I know how you feel." Carrot Cake said.

"What gave it away."

"I could tell you are a very nervous pony like me when I was your age. But you were even more nervous around Pinkie like how I was around my wife when I first met her."

"Listen I won't date her if you don't want me to."

"Woah slow down there. She isn't my daughter. Course if you wanted to date my daughter I'd have to send you to jail."

"That's comforting." Nova replied sarcastically.

"Now go get some rest."

Nova nodded and went upstairs.


Hard Chord ran with Spike on his back who held as he and Twilight ran through the rain.

"Come on we're almost there."

"Wait isn't the mud slippery." Spike said. As if an answer needed to have an example, Twilight slipped that even Hard Chord heard through the wind, thunder, and rain. He ran over Twilight and saw what looked like tears coming out of her eyes. Hard Chord looked and saw a rock near Twilights head.

"Spike go to the library we'll catch up!" Hard Chord screamed. Spike looked scared for Twilight but hopped off Hard Chords' back and ran to the library.

Hard Chord bent down and grabbed Twilights' hoof and dragged her across his back. He knew he couldn't run since that might shake her off his back. He went at a fast but steady pace. His hoof would slip out and he would quickly regain his balance.

They were both dripping wet by the time they got to the library. Hard Chord carried Twilight upstairs and put her into bed. He moved her mane out of the way and saw a bump where the rock must have hit her. Spike came in nervous.

"Spike I can handle her. She's alright, just hurt." Spike nodded and went somewhere. He came back with a blanket that looked warmer than hers. He laid it on the ground and looked just above it and blew fire out his mouth. The blanket was warmed and Spike put it around Twilight and then went into his bed.

Hard Chord went to go to his room but he noticed that Twilight wouldn't stop shivering. Hard Chord knew what he was gonna have to do as he turned off the light and instead crawled into bed with her. She stopped shaking less and hugged Hard Chord for warmth. Hard Chord wrapped his hooves around her to warm her and drifted to sleep.


"Pinkie where is the second bed?" Nova asked as he went upstairs to Pinkies' room.

"Oh it's right next to my bed." She said patting where Nova would sleep.

He was to tired to even think as he got into bed. His eyes shot open as he felt hooves around him.

"Pinkie what are you doing?"

"Hugging. Hugs are good Right? Do you want me to stop?"

Nova seemed to have a bit of courage as he responded.

"No."


"Thanks a bunch Caramel. I wouldn't have made it here in time before the rain ruined the package."

"Your welcome." He said as he put it down. He looked out and saw how hard it was raining. A pain filled his heart as he realized he would have to leave Applejack and into the cold rain.

"Caramel I think you're gonna have to stay in the guest room for tonight." Applejack said. An excitement filled Caramel as he was lead to his room.

"Thanks Applejack."

"No problem. Your almost like family to us."

Caramels' heart skipped a beat at those words.

"Well good night." She said.

"You too." He simply said. To awestruck for words.



[A/N] My dad has this game where I interact with him and he has to interpret on how it could possibly offend him. Hope you all enjoyed. Leave a like, comment, fav., etc. I do not own My Little Pony.