• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 2,297 Views, 75 Comments

Maniac's Melody - Dementia Ravenmane



Beautiful day? Check. Free time from studies? Check. Strange sonic wave devastating Ponyville? Check. Yup, Twilight's in for a hectic day.

  • ...
10
 75
 2,297

5: Audience with the Princess

Fluttershout was strolling through Ponyville, not a single one paid her any attention. It was a funny feeling that their future queen was walking in the middle of the street without anyone knowing. She got to the train station and boarded the train to Canterlot, she made sure to enjoy the passing scenery. It was something she would see less of when she was sitting on the throne.
Don't worry Fluttershy, i think you are going to enjoy this too. Not that you will know what is going on.
Fluttershout smirked, it felt incredibly good to be alive again, especially in a world where you didn’t die because people forgot about your existence.

The train slowed down and stopped, Fluttershout stepped out of the train and looked at the buildings. She gasped: she was there. She was in the capital of Equestria. It was breathtakingly beautiful. She happily trotted down the street, every problem in the world was temporarily gone and she now had a free way to the castle.
"I-I can't believe how amazing Canterlot is! It is beatiful!" Fluttershout was talking to herself, but she made sure to tell Fluttershy.

Fluttershout gleefully trotted down the street when she suddenly heard a sound from a nearby alley. She went up to the alley, curious of what the sound was, when she felt a magical aura grab her and pull her in.
"Hello there pretty, do you have any bits for a poor unicorn? Or do you have something... else to offer?" Fluttershout felt herself being pushed up against a wall as a dark green unicorn with a sand colored mane crept out of a nearby shadow. He pushed himeself close to her and whispered in her ear.
"Trust me, you are going to enjoy this." He edged even closer and Fluttershout could feel his breath in her face, it stank of hard cider.
"Let me go! Release me, or I will scream!" Fluttershout was panicking and thrashing around, trying to break the magical grip.
"Please, do scream. Nopony will hear you and it just makes everything hotter." The unicorn looked Fluttershout in the eyes and chuckled. She felt how the magic grip started to spread her hind legs.
"Fine, you asked for it." Fluttershout opened her mouth and screamed right in the face of the pony. The blast was powerful enough to launch him into the wall on the other side of the alley and knock him unconscious, breaking the grip he had on her. Fluttershout stood up and looked at the downed unicorn. She spat on the ground in front of him, and walked out on the main street again, this time making sure to stay away from alleys.


"TWILIGHT! Where are you going? Can i come with you? Pleasepleasepleaseplease!" Pinkie was following Twilight as she trotted to the train station.
"Fine Pinkie, you can come. But this is not a fun trip! We have to warn the Princess! If I can tell Celestia that a mad demigod-thing is trying to take her throne, she might be able to stop it and save Fluttershy!" Pinkie looked at Twilight with a frown and sighed, maybe she wouldn’t find this trip to be very fun after all.
The train left the station, their cart was empty save for a pony behind a large newspaper. Pinkie's Pinkie Sense was ticking off like neighger counter, somepony was following her and Twilight. She tried to discard the feeling but she couldn’t, it just came back, and Twilight’s nagging on how slow the train was moving didn’t make it any easier.
"How can they be so slow? Are they running on raspberry juice or something? I bet even my grandmother could make this train go faster! Feh... Hey conductor, can't you make this soup can move any faster!? I have a princess to save!" Twilight was running out of patience rapidly, Pinkie backed away a bit just to be on the safe side.

"NEXT STOP: CANTERLOT! Can all crazy mares please step off the train!" The magically enhanced voice wasn't helping Twilight with calming down. Twilight walked out of the train, closely followed by Pinkie.
"Where are we going next Twilight? Do we go and see Celestia?" Pinkie looked at Twilight, Twilight looked back and nodded. "Yes we are going to Celestia, the faster the better!"
"You are going to need help with stopping Fluttershout, I am kindly offering my assistance." Twilight spun around when she heard the voice. "Shadow Rush! You did come!" Twilight pounced forward and gave him a hug.
"I realized I couldn’t leave you to stop her yourself: she is far too powerful for you to handle on your own." Shadow pushed Twilight away and started to walk towards the exit of the train platform.
"Come on, we had to hurry, didn’t we? Celestia is holding court right now, and we should take the chance to warn her." Shadow Rush grabbed Pinkie and Twilight, he then set off towards the castle at full speed. He reached the castle gates in 10 seconds flat. Pinkie and a slightly green Twilight walked up towards the line of ponies standing to meet the princess.
"WEEE! That was fun! Let's do it again later! Okay Shadow?!" Pinkie bounced around him while cheering.
"We'll see Pinkie. First, we need to warn Celestia."

If there was one thing Twilight had grown to hate in the last 10 minutes, it was to be delayed. And of course, there had to be a line consisting of over 100 ponies between her and Celestia. As the line slowly became shorter, so did Twilight's fuse. When they were down to place 50 in the line, Shadow swore he could feel the smell of smoke. When they were at place 20, Pinkie could see Twilight's eyes starting to glow red. When they were at place 7, Twilight's coat had turned completely white. When it finally was their turn, Twilight had to summon a small raincloud to cool herself down before she could enter.
"Sorry, but volatile materials and creatures are prohibited inside the throne room." was the reason given by the guards outside.

Twilight, Pinkie and Shadow entered the throne room. On the far end, sitting on a throne, was the goddess of the sun, Princess Celestia.
"Hello, my faithful student. What brings you here today?" Celestia spoke with her regular voice: caring and loving, but at the same time authoritative and regal. After a kneel, Twilight began to talk.
"I am here to warn you Princess. A powerful being has posessed Fluttershy and is going to try to take over Equestria! You have to be ready!" Celestia looked at Twilight and chuckled.
"Now now Twilight, if something like that existed, I'm sure I would know. Are you sure you aren't just overworked? Maybe you need a couple of days off. Now, if you would please leave me. I have important matters to work with." Upon hearing this, Twilight completely lost herself. She just sat down on the floor with her ears hanging.
Maybe I am overworked... Then I’ve done all this for nothing... And I’ve wasted the time of my mentor...
"Please Princess! I have seen this thing, I know what it is! Twilight is telling the truth. Please just let us explain." When Celestia heard Shadow, she turned to him and frowned.
"You! I remember you. Shadow Rush was it? I thought I prohibited you from meeting any ponies! And now you chose MY PERSONAL STUDENT as your next target!?" Shadow backed away as the Princess raised her voice.
"I-I'm s-sorry, i-it w-won't h-h-happen *gulp* again." Shadow hid behind Twilight as she stood up and began to walk away.
"Sorry for wasting your time Princess. I think I should just... Go home." Pinkie followed close by to Twilight... her Pinkie Sense told her something was not what it seemed to be.

Twilight, Shadow and Pinkie sat at a café in Canterlot. They all stared at their coffee as if they were having a staring competition with it.
"You know what? I think..." Pinkie began before Twilight silenced her.
"No Pinkie, not now..."
"But Twilight! I got a reaction! Twitchy left ear, rumbling stomach, itchy hooves and liver failure. It means somepony was being manipulated!" Upon hearing this, Shadow looked up. He thought for a while before it hit him.
"Of course! Fluttershout isn't just the queen of ear rape! She is the queen of sound in general! And every pony queen can control what they are queen over!" Twilight's ear twitched when she heard this.
"Are you saying that Fluttershout has hypnotized Celestia, with sound?" Shadow nodded. Twilight sprung up from the table.
"Then we must free her! But we don't know if it's true... We need to confirm this first." Twilight's and Shadow's bright mood died out simultaneously.
"Well, of course there is something going on with Celestia! Didn't you see her eyes? They were flashing red-blue every now and again. And she didn't have any cutie mark."
Twilight just stared at Pinkie, then Pinkie saw how Twilights mane began to catch fire. Twilight erupted into a ball of fire while screaming: "YOU KNEW ALL THE TIME PINKIE!? WHY IN THE NAME OF TARTARUS DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING!"
"Well, uh... Because you didn't ask? Is that a good answer? Or maybe: Buck you, I'm Pinkie, HATERS GONNA HATE!" Pinkie answered with a nervous laugh. Twilight descended and the flames died out, it was just Pinkie being Pinkie. No reason to argue. She sighed. Every pony in the street had stopped and was staring at them.
"Eh, let's just... We gotta hurry!" Twilight, her face was as read as a tomato. She took Pinkie and Shadow and dashed away towards the castle.

"What do you mean we can't be let in? I am Celestia's personal student!" Twilight was trying to get past the guards blocking the entrance.
"Sorry, but we wouldn't be allowed to let you in even if you were Lauren Faust herself. Now if you could back off a little, before i make you back off." Twilight backed off to Shadow and Pinkie, she was grinding her teeth so hard that Pinkie could swear she saw small chunks of them fly out.
"Hmm... How are we supposed to get in?" Shadow thought for a moment before he was interrupted by a yelling.
"FAITHFUL STUDENT COMING THROUGH!" Twilight charged towards the guards with her horn glowing. She blasted the guards away and charged right through the heavy door.
"Oh my god, she just ran in. What should we do?" Shadow looked at Pinkie in confusion.
"Just stick to the plan." When the dust had subsided, Pinkie and Shadow snuck in through the wrecked door.

Twilight was standing in front of the throne, Celestia was taking a nap in it. Twilight saw that Celestia's cutie mark was gone.
"Ummm, Celestia? Where is your cutie mark?" Celestia woke up and blinked a couple of times, one of her eyes were blue and the other was red.
"Why do you want to know?" Celestia spat back at her. Twilight was shocked when she heard her mentor talk like that, something was indeed wrong.
"What? Don't you recognize me? It's Twilight Sparkle, your most faithful student." Celeatia eyed her for a while, her blue and red eyes made Twilight feel incredibly uncomfortable.
"Oh, yeah. That failure of a unicorn I sent to Ponyville to get rid of. Are you here to pester me with more of your ‘friendship reports’?" Twilight staggered back. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Celestia pushed her aside and began to walk away. Shadow and Pinkie ran up to Twilight's side, she was having trouble standing up after what Celestia had said.
"Now, if you and your little ‘friends’ would kindly get out of my sights, I have a new queen to announce."
"WHAT?" Pinkie and Twilight yelled in unison.
"We were too late..." was all that Shadow could say.

Author's Note:

This chapter was more of a filler, sorry for it being so short.
The unicorn in the alley is nopony, there is no name and it is not an OC I know of...
Next chapter will be... Eventful so to say.

As always, point out errors that I might have missed.