• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 398 Views, 6 Comments

War & Peace: A Pony Tale - LullabyFire



Two Ponies who don't get along in any way are fated to become close again. As the fate of Equestria hangs on their shoulders, will they be able to cooperate long enough to save it?

  • ...
 6
 398

Peace

Nothing would ever be the same. Her world, her fantasy, her life was falling apart. Everything was fine and dandy until she found...that.
Peace, seemingly an average pegasus pony, but hidden under the surface was something far deeper. We’ll get to that later.
It all started when Princess Celestia called Peace into Canterlot Castle’s throne room for an audience with her. There was nothing that she really had to do so after spending much time brushing her mane she got to the castle as soon as she could. The red carpet at the gated entrance only slightly hinted that she was expected. The gates creaked open allowing the pegasus through.
Once she got to the throne room Princess Celestia looked up from some scrolls and smiled at her. “Peace, how have you been, my dear?” she asked her.
Everything surrounding her contained a purple hue causing her silver coat to stand out more than it usually did.
“I’m doing fine, Celestia,” Peace said simply.
She received many glares from the guards that surrounded the full grown pony princess. Each guard pony took a step forward ready to detain her with even the slightest nod from their mighty princess.
“That is good, Peace. And you know that the ponies of Equestria refer to me as Princess, dear,” Princess Celestia said with-holding a laugh.
“Oh, I’m sorry, Princess. Old habits die hard, I guess.”
“No harm done,” she said. Everypony in the room seemed to relax a bit more. “It seems like your horn hiding spell works wonderfully,” Celestia said not really changing the subject.
Everypony in the room stared wide eyed at the silver pegasus. They saw her wings easily enough, but the horn part caught them off guard.
“Well, trying to blend in with the normal pony folk is hard to do as an alicorn. Of course I had to figure out some sort of spell to hide either my horn or wings,” she said studiously. A glow of green appeared seemingly out of nowhere as she removed the hiding spell leaving behind her silver horn that protruded out of the flowing white mane.
“I understand entirely, Princess Peace,” Celestia said sympathetically. “So, Peace, how is your mother fairing?”
“Oh,” she said her ears laying back slightly from embarrassment. “She hasn’t written in a while, but the last I heard she was doing alright.”
“That’s good. As a goddess it does make menial tasks like writing quite a chore.” Celestia said knowingly.
Yes, you heard it straight from the horse’s mouth, Peace’s mother was a goddess. Her mother was in fact the goddess Queen Harmonia, the creator of the Elements of Harmony and of all of the harmonious times that have occurred in Equestria.
Princess Celestia interrupted any thoughts of Harmonia by saying, “What about your brother?”
Peace visibly winced at the mention of the black maned alicorn. “Haven’t heard from him in a while.”
“Well, I guess, for Equestria that is a good thing. Where is he do you think?”
Peace let out a huff and shivered at the thought of seeing the gray stallion again. “Hopefully lost somewhere in the Everfree forest never to be heard from again,” she said half joking.
“I hope not,” Celestia said walking towards a nearby window.
“W...what do you mean, Celestia?”
“I mean, Princess Peace, that you must go find your brother, Prince War.”

~~~
<*>
~~~

“What?!” she yelled. Everypony in Equestria was sure to have either heard her or felt a slight disturbance of the peace of some kind. “You want me to bring War to Equestria?!”
“Yes,” Celestia said for the tenth time in two minutes.
This sensation being “new” to her she continued, “What?! You...”
“YES!” Celestia yelled stopping her mid-sentence. “I know what I’m doing, Peace.”
“Then what in Harmonia’s name are you doing?!” Equestria has lived in peace for over a millenia! Why do we need to resort to war?!”
“The changelings,” The white princess said simply.
“You handled them before!” She said huffing with exasperation.
“Yes,” she said turning to the silver pony, her pink and green mane falling into place over one eye. “But they are growing stronger every day. We need War to handle them in his currently emotionless state.”
“Emotionless! He always feels anger! How is that emotionless?!”
“He doesn’t feel love, that is the main thing we need of a warrior for this situation.”
“Princess Celestia, I know that War seems like the best option, but there has to be another way!”
“Well,” Celestia said shaking her head. “Unless you want your father to come back...”
“No! Discord can not be released!” Peace said speedily.
Yes, War and Peace are the son and daughter of Harmonia and Discord. Nopony knows why those two got together, but it is said that Harmonia wanted to change Discord for the better. They say that was what caused Discord to first wreck havoc on Equestria. That was when Harmonia created the Elements of Harmony, so Celestia and Luna could defeat him. War and Peace even lived unsure of the reality of the situation.
“No...Discord can not be released...” she said again, reality sinking in.
“...then our only options are War or be taken over.”
“Either way War wins,” Peace said sulking slightly. “He’d go against his own family to have some action.”
“So, Peace, what do you wish to do?”
Peace felt the anger inside of her starting to boil over and turn her silver coat into the dark gray like her brother. She took a few breaths to calm herself, her coat changing back to its natural silver color with each breath. “I...I’ll go get him,” she said huffing slightly.
“Good,” the princess said as she levitated a scroll to her face. “The last place he was heard from was at Afghanistallion. I’ll have the Elements of Harmony make the trip with you. They reside in Ponyville. I’ll tell Twilight to gather the other five at her library home.” After a quill ran swiftly across the scroll, Celestia rolled up the parchment. In a puff of green smoke it disappeared.
“Celestia, are you sure?” Peace asked hanging her head slightly.
“It’s our only option, Peace,” she said as she walked up to her and nuzzled the silver pony. “I’m sorry if it puts a slight damper on your life.”
“Hopefully peaceful times will remain afterwards.
Both alicorns stood there for a while remembering all the good times when they were mere fillies, Harmonia watching over them the entire time. Peace’s memories then led her to a corner where War always stared angrily with his blood red eyes at herself and Celestia.
Taking a step back, Peace smiled at the princess of the sun.
Both staring into the other’s eyes, they said together, “May Harmonia always watch over your life.”
Peace turned to leave the throne room when Celestia called out, “Princess Peace, may the sun light your path!”
Turning back Peace bowed and said, “Peace be with you and your people, Princess Celestia.”
With that she proceeded to leave, walking towards the chariot that would carry her to Ponyville and to the start of her journey.