• Published 27th Dec 2012
  • 1,715 Views, 57 Comments

Thaumological Tekkit Teleporter Trials - Redderject



Two minecraftians are sent to Equestria after a failed teleporter experiment, and are forced to make sense of a world far from their own. Of course, in the land of tekkit 'making sense of' is slang for 'mining it dry and rebuilding an

  • ...
1
 57
 1,715

The Beginning

Our misadventure begins in an observatory and laboratory nestled deep inside the snow capped peaks of Minecraftia, in a sub-basement occupied by two very peculiar house-mates, a mage by the name of Matthew, and a mechanic, Trent, both decked out in runed leather armour studded with gems glowing with a mystic energy. Trent's red-gemmed armour, of course, has a spork, multitool, wrench, and a sack of potatoes in various pockets, because engineers do as engineers do, while Matt's green-gemmed armour has many useful pouches filled with nether wart, vis crystals, books, and baked goods. The two 'scientists' are conversing, more arguing, about the dangers of rushing into experiments with teleportation.

"Are you sure that mixing your blasted technology with this much thaumic essence is safe?" said Matt, the ever cautious mage, eyeing the apparent pile of scrap cable piled around a rune inscribed plate of thaumium, the most magically charged metal available to the duo.

"Of course it's bloody safe! The two have always coexisted in harmony before, remember the Machine(1)? Besides, it would take an unstable energy source of over 450 thaums in the workings to muss it up, far within acceptable range for safety. Nothing can go wrong.(3)" said Trent, the overconfident engineer.

Trent walks over to the bundles of wires and steel that comprise his newest invention: A thaumic teleporter, an instant two way teleport without a destination/location link! No blue linking remotes for him any longer!

"Right." Matt said, "Because last time you played with teleporters disposing of the mutant pig people wasn't strange enough. And I still have nightmares about that cat. I swear to whatever gods apply, if this ends up teleporting us somewhere stupid I'm going to take your fancy schmancy laser sword and-"

Matt was interrupted by the item transportation pipe system (Patent pending) unceremoniously dropping four backpacks full of equipment in front of him, two full of resources and two full of tools and armor. Matt inwardly groans, realizing that he was going along for the ride, as well.

"Oh, by the way, Matt, I took the liberty of moving your operation into one of the quantum storage backpacks, because you're coming with me."

A loud boom is heard in the background as the improper disassembly of a high energy crucible causes a node to implode somewhere above them.

"GODSDAMN IT, TRENT, IF THAT ...Was...the... silverwood(2) trees?" Matt started, before Trent's machine began radiating every colour of the visible spectrum, and a few more colours that could only be seen with Matt's goggles of revealing.

"Hey, that's neat! It's never done that befo-" Trent said, cut off by the world suddenly fading into darkness.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey Twilight, are you sure that trying to send messages to other dimensions is a good idea? What if a bad alien finds its way here?" Spike carefully said from the stairway with a metal cooking pot on his head.

"Spike, the chances of finding anything bad out there are low! Besides, we have the Elements of Harmony. Nothing could go wrong.(3)" Twilight said, her horn flashing purple, a quick streak of violet light as a scroll is sent off to another realm with what is, in essence, her magical calling card attached. Her very volatile, highly magical calling card at a power of about 465 thaums.

Suddenly, a loud boom echoed through the library as two creatures were painfully deposited onto the floor. A bookshelf loosed its hardcover contents over the crumpled form of Matt, causing the unfortunate mage to grunt in pain, lamenting about how he never should have gotten up this morning and muttering incoherently about some kind of sentient many-legged travelling trunk.(4)

"Ugh. Fine, maybe mixing the thaumological and technological arts for a bloody two-way teleport was a poor decis-. Oh, my." said Trent, once again cut off, this time because he had just noticed a purple unicorn with the distinct spark of intelligence in its (her?) eyes gaping at him, and as he began speaking towards it, the backpacks chose this moment to phase into existence above him, and, just before the world once again went dark, Trent thought: Damn, I really need to get around to wearing that exo-helmet I built at some point.

"Spike, take a letter."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(1) The Machine (copyright pending) is a 32 layer blaze rod manufactory that can produce upwards of 3.2 million EMC/tick. Which is a very, very large amount. One diamond is 8192 EMC. Unfortunately patched, but this story pretends Equivalent Exchange 3 never happened.

(2) A silverwood tree is a magical tree with blue leaves that holds a small aura node and purifies the flux out of the local network. Basically a magical filter.

(3) As bitter irony is a multiversal constant, the dreaded phrase 'nothing could go wrong' can damn any endeavour, no matter now assured victory may seem.

(4) Somewhere in a dingy room in the far away slums of Ankh Morpork, the Luggage snaps its lid in confusion.

Author's Note:

Sorry for a short first chapter, trying to flesh out some ideas here. I know minecraft crossovers are a dime a dozen, but I haven't seen a technic related fic anywhere, so I shall provide. Criticism much appreciated.