• Published 31st Dec 2012
  • 1,351 Views, 33 Comments

A New Field - Battlefield3vet



Grayson, a soldier with training from special op units including the U.S. Navy SEALs is sent to Equestria due to a freak accident while hunting his father's murderer. He soon finds this land is more than just smiles and sunshine.

  • ...
4
 33
 1,351

New Life

"What just happened?" asked Twilight.

"I must apologize, my faithful student, I peered into Grayson's past ahead of everypony else and decided that only my sister and I out of everypony here should have seen it's contents." replied Celestia, glancing over towards the princess of the night, tears slowly streaming down both of the regal ponies faces.

"So I guess it was really that bad huh?, I've never told anyone about my past before, maybe that's a good thing." I said, glancing out the window at passing ponies, thinking about how fortunate they are to have normal lives in such a peaceful world.

"Of course you may stay in our world and start over." The solar princess somehow read my mind.

"Well... I... I can't even begin to say how much I can't thank you enough!, You've seen the hell I grew up in and came out of, and with barely even a second thought, you've given me a second chance at life. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but..." I trailed off, my mind thinking of the one good thing that was still in my world.

"I understand you are concerned about your friends and family back home, correct?" Luna asked with a look of empathy on her face.

These ponies, more specifically the princesses, seemed to have the ability to read minds. Must take some powerful magic, which I still haven't the slightest clue of how that works. "Yes, I can only hope that my step-brother can make it without me."

"I am confident that he will, he still has your friend to help him." said Celestia

"You're right, he's in good hands, I should stop worrying so much, I only hope he doesn't try to follow in my footsteps...
Anyways, I can't just go walking around town without attracting an uncomfortable amount of attention. What can I do about it?"

Celestia thought for a moment, looked out at her day then turned back to me, "I can grant you the ability to take the form of a native Equestrian if you would really wish to start over."

"That would be perfect!, but I'm really going to miss my human body..." I replied, already missing my fingers.

"I understand, you have agreed to become a new being and completely erase your past."

As good as that sounded, I still had this nagging feeling that there were more mercs roaming around Equestria. With my new form I would be powerless to stop them.

"I also understand your concerns, and that you will miss your old form, that's why I am giving you the ability to change back into a human whenever you want." Celestia was definitely reading my mind.

"I can't thank you enough, for everything."

"You saved my student, I should be thanking you."

For instant friends/favors, just save their lives.

"Y- You haven't a clue how much this means to me!"

"I could imagine..." The princess of the night grinned at me.

"There is one thing that still troubles me though, if there were those four enemies lurking in the forest, could there be more of them elsewhere? If that's the case I need to be able to access my weapons to defend myself. And the ones around me of course."

"It's nice to see that you are already willing to give your life for Equestria, although I'm sure it's nothing the Royal Guard can't handle." said Shining Armor in a confident tone.

"Well i'm sure it is, Those four had enough firepower to control all of Ponyville, maybe more if they wanted to." I replied.

"I highly doubt that any weapon could could grant four single soldiers that much power." replied Shining Armor, still keeping his confident voice.

"Maybe it's best if I just showed you what I meant. Seeing human weapons in action may give you some perspective as to what exactly you're dealing with."

"I am interested as to how these weapons work and would like to see how they are used. Maybe you could show us?" asked Celestia.

"Are you sure? They're very loud."

"Yes, I am willing to take your word for it, seeing as you've been fighting this enemy for a long time and you have more experience." said Celestia.

"I can't use my rifle without my hands. I would love to be a pony, but I need human appendages to operate my weapons." I said, directed at Celestia

Celestia stared off deep in thought,considering the potential outcomes before finally speaking up again, "Can I trust you with the ability to change your being whenever you want, meaning you would only become a human again under special circumstances? As in, hostile humans or other species try to harm any of my little ponies."

"Not a problem, you have my word." I replied calmly, somehow managing to contain my excitement. I could start over and be prepared in the unlikely event that a human army shows up.

"He still doesn't have anywhere to stay, right?" Twilight spoke up for the first time in a while.

"He will come with us back to Canterlot-" started the Solar princess,

"Only for a short time I hope. He's more than welcome to stay with me." Twilight nervously interrupted, speaking as if she was about to lose something dear to her...

"I can't thank you enough, Twilight, really I can't. All I can do right now is say thank you. I still feel that's not enough..."

"Oh, that's more than enough for me." replied Twilight. I swore I caught what appeared to be a blush spread across her face just before she turned away from me abruptly.

Cadance smiled at Twilight while Shining Armor gave me a quizzical look. It was awkward to say the least.

"So you will be coming to Canterlot for a short time?" asked the Guard captain.

"I guess so, I'm also assuming that I'll be returning as a pony." I replied, now being careful with certain feelings about me surfacing from Twilight. At least that's what I saw. It doesn't necessarily mean something.

Upon hearing that I would most likely becoming a stallion in the near future, Rarity perked up, "That will be most interesting to see, Although I really wanted to try designing something for you as a human. It would be a personal challenge to myself, and of course, I would give it to you free of charge."

"Wow, that's very generous of you Rarity, I really don't know what to say."

"Oh it comes naturally dear, It is my Element of Harmony after all."

"Element of Harmony?" I asked.

"The Elements of Harmony are the six guardians of order in Equestria." Said Twilight, as if reciting from a textbook.

Sounded to me like a watered down version, but that was enough for me. I'm pretty smart, and it isn't difficult to see that's why Celestia would invite these six mares in particular.

"So I guess I'm going to Canterlot now?"

"Yes you will return with us to the capitol city for a few days where I will make you a pony and help you adjust to your new body." replied Celestia, her face back in it's usually cheerful smile.

"Thank you, all of you, again, for everything." I then followed Celestia and her guests back to the carriages and we set out for Canterlot.

Author's Note:

Right now I'm having serious debates with myself weather or not to add the romance tag. Any opinions/thoughts should be voiced in the comment section. I might not respond to all of them, but I do read all of them.