• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 1,585 Views, 21 Comments

Bucking Magnets, How Do They Work?! - SiMoS MCmuffin



Human in Equestria story. Contains light shipping and discovering new found powers.

  • ...
5
 21
 1,585

5 Ponyville, part 3

Location: Rarity's boutique

Rarity was hurrying down the stairs as Twilight had just told her that there was an emergency. Her mane and tail were still wet from her bathing. "What's the matter darling? I was just having the most comfort-able... bath" She stuttered as she laid her eyes on Simon.

"You remember the human I told you about day ago?" Twilight asked Rarity.

Rarity just nodded slowly as she looked at Simon, still holding the lid her jewel box half open. Clearing her throat "Ah yes, the human." she went back to her ladylike posture, "Ah, where are my manners! I'm Rarity and It's absolutely charming to meet you..." she reached out her hoof for a shake.

"Simon" He replied, sensing a feeling of aristocracy and elegance coming from the snow white coated unicorn. Kneeling down, he gently supported her hooves and gave a small kiss on the tip her hoof, "I must confess, it's an honor meeting you too, dear Rarity." thinking that acting chivalrous would be appropriate.

Rarity's cheeks flushed from his actions and she dramatically tried to fan herself of. "Oh, I do believe the pleasure is all mine darling, but would you excuse me for a just a minute." backing towards the staircase, "My mane and tail are a bit of mess and I wouldn't dare to show myself in a dreadful state like this with someone as... charming as you" she ran back up to the bathroom to fix up her hair and tail.

Twilight cleared her throat and caught Simon's attention, "Well well well... aren't you acting like a knight in shining armor" she smirked to him.

"Nah, I just could feel the sense of class and elegance from her and thought I should act up a little" He grinned back to her.

Twilight rolled her eyes and took a seat in the couch in the middle of the room and Simon sat next to her. They waited for Rarity to come back down for what felt like half an hour. Turning back to the stairs, they saw her coming down with a obvious spring in her step, which made her curled purple locks to bounce in time with them. "So, what was this emergency you were talking about darling?".

"Ah yes, Simon needs new clothes ASAP." Twilight looked at his rags, " The whole town thinks that he is some kind of bloodthirsty monster!" she turned back to Rarity.

"Oh dear" Rarity hold a hoof in front of her mouth, "Well I haven't ever made clothes for a humans, but I suppose there'll always be a first time for everything. Do you have any wishes for the style of clothing you would want?".

"Nah, I'm not very interested in fashion. Just need something to replace these." He replied. He had never been interested in fashion or what was the trendy way to dress. He was sort of more utilitarian in his clothing, it can look weird, but if it's durable with enough pockets and comfortable he couldn't care less about the way they looked. "Something durable and casual, if it isn't too demanding." Sounding polite.

"Oh no my dear. Anything for a friend and all friends of Twilight are my friends too." She waved her hoof dismissively. She was actually a little excited as she would be the first to make clothes for a human. "Now, could you give me your old clothes, so I'll have a little reference material?" She approached him.

"Right now?" He asked a little surprised.

"Well yes sweetie. You need new clothes as soon as possible!" She tugged a little on his left leg of his pants with her magic. The smell of dirt, sweat and blood filling her nostrils, "Actually, you can go take a bath. You seem to have a little aroma floating about you." She tried to wave the smell away. "Now chop chop! It's the second door on the left at the top." Almost pushing him to go, but getting more of that dreadful smell in her nostrils made her back away.

Simon looked back to see Rarity furiously waving at the air in front of her and holding her nose, he gave a small chuckle. Making his way upstairs, he peeked in the first open doorway, but it seemed that it was Rarity's bedroom, so he continued to the next door, which was the bathroom. Stripping down, he took a look at himself on a full body mirror on one of the bathroom wall. He was never interested in bodybuilding, but he wasn't out of shape either as he flexed his bicep. A nice sized muscle bulging in his forearm and a small 6-pack on his stomach being hidden by a small gut. Striking a few poses, he nearly jumped as there was a knock on the door. "Could you give me your clothes?" Came Twilight's voice from behind it. He grabbed the smelly pile of clothes and opened the door just enough to slip them through. Closing the door, he turned back to the inspect the shower and bathtub. Might be a bit of squeeze, but I think I'll fit. He sat down on the tub and opened the water and it started to fall down from the shower head above. He relaxed, sighing quietly, slumping down in the tub. *This is nice* Being able to finally wash himself after two days.

Meanwhile, back on the lower level Twilight came back hovering the pile of clothes. "Where do I put these?" She asked Rarity. "Oh just put them over by that table over there darling." Pointing towards a table to the side of the room, while checking her cloth racks for good materials. Choosing a few of them, she hovered them to another table and went to the clothes pile. Taking a couple of big sheets of tracing paper, she started to draw the outlines of the clothes. "Isn't he just wonderful." She said a little dreamily. Twilight just giggled in response, knowing how her friend just had weak knees for chivalry, "Yea I suppose he has his little perks." she smiled.

Simon finished his shower and bath. He had borrowed some of Rarity's shampoos to wash his hair and was feeling like a new person. Keeping his cast dry was a little problematic, but he had managed. Realizing that he didn't have any clothes at the moment, he grabbed a towel off a rack and tied it to his waist and headed towards downstairs. Peeking around the corner he saw the girls working on his clothes, finishing tracing all the outlines. Quietly he inched closer and came just behind the two. "So what's the verdict? Can I still become a model." He joked.

the girls turned around and want slack jawed at the sight of him. Seeing his clean upper body, Twilight inched closer to him, fascinated and poked his ribs and belly. "Wow. Fascinating... So you really don't have fur..." She mumbled between her curious pokes. Simon on the other hand was looking at the lavender unicorn amused. She started to poke lower until she poked him right on the towel where his crotch was.

"Easy there. That area is private property." He crossed his arms and looked at Twilight scoldingly.

Twilight suddenly understood where she had poked him and turned around with a big blush on her cheeks. Rarity giggled at this, knowing how her friend had not ever had that kind of relationship with anybody.

Simon gave a little giggle and turned to Rarity, "So can you estimate how long it'll take for the new clothes? Oh, and I borrowed little of your shampoo to clean my hair, hope you don't mind.".

"No at all dear" She responded sagely. "I would guess that the clothes will be ready tomorrow." Looking back at the traced outlines.

"That's great! although I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for this..." He scratched his head.

"Oh pish posh, there is no need for payment. The fact that I get to make first human clothes in centuries is payment enough." she waved dismissively.

"Oh Rarity you're just too generous. I'll pay this back some day. I swear." He vowed with his hand over his heart. "Now the question is what am I going to wear meanwhile...." He pondered, rubbing his chin.

Twilight had managed to work out the blush from her cheeks, "I could conjure you temporary clothes, that would last a day." turning towards Simon. "I just need some spare cloth to use as a catalyst." She said to Rarity, who went to one of her boxes with all sorts of leftover pieces of cloth and brought it to Twilight, "Here darling, you can use everything you find here as they're too small for me to use anymore.". Twilight lifted the small bit and pieces of cloth out of the box and placed them on a table in the middle of the room, "ok Simon, stand over there" pointing a hoof to a non-particular spot in the room, Simon stood at the spot. "Sorry I'm not very clothing conscience, but I'll try to fix up something to cover you up. and... loose the towel." she smirked.

Simon just looked at her questioningly, but decided to go with it. Although he did turn his back to her and covered his privates with his hands. "Now or never... Ready." He braced himself for the magic.

Twilight looked at his naked butt for a moment and giggled to herself. Lifting the pile of leftovers, she began concentrating on the spell. The pile began to glow softly as the pieces slowly started moving towards Simon, their glow intensifying the closer they got. Soon they were glowing so brightly it was hard to look at them, when the cloths touched his skin the glow just spread along his skin. His body was slowly covered in the brightly glowing sheet, he could feel the pieces moving, changing and arranging to make his new clothes. Slowly the glow started to die off and he opened his eyes to discover that his body was covered in a sort dry suit made out of patchwork of different pieces of cloth. Well, he could deal with it for a day, but it was a little awkward as there was no zips or buttons anywhere.

"So what do you think?" Twilight asked as she walked over to him, inspecting her work.

"Well it's a little rough around the edges, but thanks. At least I don't need to be naked." He scratched her just behind her ear.

"mmMmm, glad you like it!" She leaned against his hand. "We should get going, I want to discuss about the human society with you. Thanks Rarity for the help!" She waved to her white friend.

"Until the next time we meet, my fair lady." Simon bowed deeply, eliciting a little giggle and a faint blush from Rarity.

They teleported back to the library and Twilight went to get some drinks from the kitchen, Simon meanwhile grabbed an apple from her saddlebag and started munching it away. Plopping down on the couch he watched as Twilight brought two cups of juice, guessing from the color it was apple juice. She took a seat next to him.

"So what'cha wanted to ask me?" Simon managed to start first, taking a sip of apple juice.

"Well I was just wondering how the day and night cycle works on earth, as you were quite surprised when I told that the princesses take care of it here with magic?" looking him in the eyes.

"Well I'm not sure how the movements of planets works here, but..." He went on to explain how the sun was in the middle of their solar system, which then caused the other planets to orbit around it because of it's immense gravitational pull and that the moon was orbiting around the earth. All this time Twilight just listened in fascinated and subconsciously inched closer to him. They also discussed about politics and how the power was distributed in both of their societies.

"You also said something about a "great war" if, I'm not mistaken?" Simon pointed out.

"Ah, the war..." She trailed off. Remembering about reading of it in a book, in the royal library at the princess' castle. It told about the horrific battle between the changeling empire and Equestria. It had been a losing war for the equine kingdom, because of all the intelligence leaks in their ranks achieved by the changeling spies. In the end as the war had culminated to the point that the king and queen made the ultimate sacrifice and gave their lives to perform an ancient spell to get rid of all the changelings still residing in the land. The question also resurfaced the hardships she had endured during the recent changeling attack on canterlot during her brothers wedding.

Simon, seeing how she was clearly mulling over about something, put his hand around her shoulders to comfort her. "Hey I'm sorry if I brought up something unwanted." rubbing her coat gently.

"No no it's nothing..." She tried to reassure, but Simon could see that maybe changing the subject would be for the best.

"Nevermind the war. Tell me a little bit more about yourself, your friends and your family." He tried to lighten the mood.

"Well... my brother, Shining Armor is the captain of the royal guard, plus he is married to my babysitter, Cadence who is the third alicorn in existence at the moment and she specializes in the magic of love." She just told nonchalantly like it was nothing, while Simon started to understand how influence she really had. "And well, my parents brought me to the school of magically gifted unicorns when I was just a foal and was then later taken by Celestia to be her protegee." She told him about how socially withdrawn she had been, always just studying, when Celestia had sent her over to Ponyville to oversee the preparations for the summer sun celebration. The crazy experiences she had, meeting all her current friends, discovering the elements of harmony, culminated by the defeat of Nightmare moon.

Simon had stopped rubbing her when she told him about, how she tried to get the others to listen to her warnings about Nightmare Moon's second coming...

"Wow... I think I'm actually grateful for my normal life experiences..." He said after some thought. "I was I had something as interesting to tell in return, but I guess my life has always been a little bit more downplayed, compared to yours that is." he smirked at her. "Well, I guess it's my turn now to about myself." She nodded in response.

(I think this song fits the moment quite well)

"Well I was a little bit like you when I was small. I grew in a small town, went to a small school and later moved out from my parent's house to attend a college in a bigger city. College was very interesting and exciting place and I got many friends while there, but during the last year I suddenly got a phone call telling me that my mom and dad had been in a car accident with a drunk driver and none of them had survived it..." he looked silently at the floor, closing his eyes as the memories flooded his mind. Twilight was the one now doing the comforting, rising up and hugging him from his side. Tear pushed it's way out his eye and dropped, making a little splat noise hitting the wooden floor. "I didn't know what to do, I suddenly didn't have anybody waiting for me to come back home. I receded into my own shell and basically forgot all about my friends. I found it best to distract myself with my studies. I graduated at the top of my class." Managing to smile weakly as the tears started coming in faster. "I went back to my parents house to clean it out and take care of our dog, Spot. We named him that, because he had a small spot around his left eye. I had to take care of their affairs, but in the end I moved out with Spot to a Massachusetts area where I had succeeded to get into MIT." The tears had thankfully slowed down, but Twilight just kept hugging him tighter, "I felt I could start anew there, no connections to the past, no worry about tomorrow. Soon after the beginning of the semester I slowly came out of my shell and started getting friends again. The months tumbled about and Spot started to develop some illnesses. I knew that this day would come sooner or later, I took him to a vet and he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, the vet gave him couple of months to live at best. Two weeks later, on a morning I was not waken by his routine facial licking, but by my alarm clock. Rising up, I gave him a soft pet on the head, but noticed how he was cold, so very cold... He had slept away right next me in my bed and I had just kept sleeping never knowing how my best friend's life candle was about to extinguished right there next to me. I sent one of my classmates a text message that I wouldn't be coming to school today. I then went on a walk with Spot's collar and leash with me, I walked our usual route while I just kept crying... I later had him cremated and saved the ashes. Later that year I specialized in electromagnetism as it had been developed far enough to be used to help cancer patients. I felt that I needed to give something back to the world..." Turning to Twilight he hugged him back, a tear or two escaping her eyes as well.

"I'm so sorry for your losses..." She sounded so sincere.

"No point worrying over the past right?" He tried to play off the hurtful memories of the past. "Being motivated by my experiences I spent almost every waking moment to study and was in the end of the university hired by one of the biggest magnet manufacturers in the world to work in the research and development department, where we managed to engineer the world's most powerful electromagnet, which then brought me here..." Releasing the hug and grabbing her shoulders as he held her at arms length, looking deep into her eyes. Her... beautiful eyes... Slowly getting closer to each other as she closed her eyes and he leaned into what seemed to be becoming a kiss.

"What took you two so long!?" Came a annoyed bark from the upper level.

They both jumped and Twilight quickly grabbed Simon with her magic and threw him to the other end of the couch, while quickly fidgeting to the other side. "There was some uuh... complications" She responded back to the upstairs. Simon was looking very confused. Had he just tried to kiss a pony?! What the heck was he thinking! he shook his head while holding it with both arms. Looking outside he could see that the sun had started to set and it was becoming dark. He could see faint lights moving in the distance.

"Is there supposed to be some sort of event going on this evening?" He asked, moving closer to the window.

"Hmmm, I don't think so." She replied. Walking towards the stairs to check on Spike. There was a knock on the door. "Could you get it?" She asked.

"Sure, no problem." He responded and walked to the door. Opening it to see who could be coming to visit the library this time of the evening, but being only met in angry gazes, pitchforks and light from the burning torches. Looking a little dumbfounded he quickly pulled himself back in and slammed the door close. Great barks of anger and vice erupted from behind the door as hoofs started to smash against it.

"Who was it?!" Twilight ran to the railing, seeing Simon sprawled against the door trying to keep it shut.

"The mob! They found me!" he struggled against multiple pairs of hooves kicking against the door.

"Oh that's it! Now they are going too far!" She yelled angrily, Simon looking back to see the end of her mane light up in flames, not sure anymore which place was going to be more safe, the mob or staying here. She walked over to the door, determination evident in every step.

"Move" She commanded with an ice cold voice.

"Yes ma'am!" He dived out of the way as the angry unicorn approached.

The door burst open accompanied with the roars of the mob, but were quickly silenced as the angry unicorn marched outside. The sounds that reverberated from outside could be match for the lighting strike that hit his car, also yelps of help. Couple of ponies suddenly flew in from the open door and tumbled around the floor, disoriented as they slowly got back on their hoofs and then laid their eyes back on Simon, crouching next to the door.

"We got you now beast." They grinned to him.

"Wouldn't you want to reconsider?" He was now backing up along the wooden wall and then shot off in full sprint into the kitchen, throwing the door closed behind him. Looking around he saw the kitchen window slightly open and went for it. Managing to climb halfway out when the door opened. "Laters" He waved and jumped out. Bolting to the now almost inviting everfree forest. Stopping just before the treeline to take a one more look to see if he was still being chased, and sure enough, lights started to move towards him. Still... The thought of being chased by those wolf things or something worse was making him doubt about going further into forest. That was, until he clearly heard something about being hanged. *Okay Simon, time to man up and flee for your life!* He walked slowly to behind the treeline, disappearing as the shadows covered his silhouette.

Moving now carefully and quietly through the bush, he stumbled to a dirt road leading deeper in to the ominous forest. Deciding to stick to the road, he continued forwards while taking couple of glances behind him every now and then, making sure the villagers weren't on his tail or anything else for that matter. Luckily the night was illuminated by almost a full moon as some one the moonlight managed to get through the thick canopy above him. The though of how and where he would stay for the night occurred to him as he kept walking in the one-piece leftover cloth suit.

Stopping for a moment, he thought he heard a noise, silently he turned his head around to detect from which direction it came from. It was becoming louder and sounded like, screaming? He turned towards the direction of noise and looked sharply at the bush. Tensing more and more as the screams just got louder and louder, adrenaline filling his veins again, ready for anything.

A white blur jumped out of the bush and bowled him right in the chest, knocking him on his bottom just to be followed by second, yellowish blur hitting him in the face. Groaning loudly and holding his nose, he looked at the perpetrators and saw two little fillies with stars in their eyes, dazed from the impact. "What are you girls doing here in the forest!? It's dangerous here!" Picking the two up and inspecting them. The white one regaining her bearings first, "Mister! Our friend was attacked by a cock-a-something, what was it Apple Bloom?", "I think it was called a cock-a-trice Sweetie Belle" the yellow one with red hair responded with country accent. Hearing that there was another filly in trouble he quickly got into a very serious mood, "Where?! Show me!" He set them down and they pointed towards the bush where they had bursted out. "Stay here!" He commanded as he jumped over the bush with a big leap. The two looking at each other and wondered, what was that thing?

Simon on the other hand, was now on a mission. There was someones life on the line and he sure wasn't going to give up anytime soon. Soon he heard faint sounds of a scream coming from front of him. Making his way to the source he jumped over a bush and came upon horrific scene. A little orange coated filly was turned to stone from waist downward as this weird chicken headed lizard thing approached her.

"Hey Ugly!" He yelled to the thing and took a fighting stance ready for retaliation. Both heads turned to him and he saw the scared look in the filly's eyes and the fierce red glow of the creatures eyes. They seemed somehow captivating, entrancing, but he was snapped out of it by the filly's yell, "Don't look it in the eyes or you'll turn into stone!". *Great... Just great...* He thought. Glancing down at his feet as he thought he had lost feeling in there, he saw how his toes and table of his foot had discolored to dull grey. Better keep my eyes off of it.

He took quickly evaluated this creature, barely half a meter high, probably quite light, quite long tail. Having never seen one before he just decided to go on the offensive, charging the thing with the intent of kicking the snot out of it, unfortunately the thing dodged his foot and quickly jumped on his back and looped it's tail around his neck, choking him. He tried to rip the tail off, but it just didn't budge. Well the thing sure was physically stronger then it appeared. Trying to grab it's neck he just got his hand pecked, he flopped down on his back trying to crush it under him, but it just moved to the side. Now with tears in his eyes he struggled for breath, hands flailing around wildly. Shutting his eyes tightly he tried to think what to do, but nothing came up. He was angry, so very... very... angry... Tears rolling down his cheeks, a little zap coming out from an electrical discharge between his finger and the ground. He was not going to die by being strangled by some sort of chicken! Opening his eyes he came face-to-face with the thing, immediately he of course laid his eyes upon it's, the feeling of calmness overcoming him.

He felt lost in those eyes, like floating in the middle of the ocean, no cares... No needs... Absolute emptiness... feeling his consciousness slipping away from the lack of air... The world being swallowed by darkness...

"Snap out of it!!" Came a loud yell, he slowly turned his head towards the voice and his eyes fell on the filly's tear filled, desperate and scared eyes as she tried to crawl towards him. Sudden flashes of his past going past his eyes. The car crash, Spot's death, the lighting strike. The air filled loud sparks and crackles as something woke up in him, he rose up, sparks jumping between his fingertips, he grabbed the creatures head with both hands and yelled with untold fury as the space between his hands came ablaze with blinding light as the air was filled with loud electrical cracks and pops! The creature twitched and jerked uncontrollably, smoke pouring out from between it's scales, until finally it's tail slumped off of his neck, a final great bang blowing his hands to his sides as the charred remains of the creatures head fell to the ground.

Simon, barely conscious, turned to the filly and saw her return normal from the waist down. He brought his hand up to her head and gave her mane a little ruffle, "It's ok now..." his hand falling to the ground, he felt the last wisps of consciousness leave him as the darkness took him...