• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 1,588 Views, 21 Comments

Bucking Magnets, How Do They Work?! - SiMoS MCmuffin



Human in Equestria story. Contains light shipping and discovering new found powers.

  • ...
5
 21
 1,588

2 Where am I, part 2

I was running again, in the same forest as before. Chased by an unknown force in an unrelenting pursuit. The feeling in the back of my neck was telling me the entity was closing in. The dark forest felt like it was trying to slow me down as every tree branch and possible bush got caught into my clothes. Slowly my progress was being halted as more and more branches and vines were pulling me back to the entity. I tried putting all my strength behind every step I made, but I still weren't going anywhere faster. Looking back I saw an all consuming darkness covering the forest as it neared me. In my desperation I tried to crawl away, but found that instead of hands my arms now ended in stumps. A tear started to push itself into my eye as I tried to get away from the darkness as best as I could, but it was no use.

In horror I turned to see the darkness slowly rising above me like a wave, just getting higher and higher, leaving the treetops beneath it as it covered the starry night sky. and like someone had turned of gravity, the darkness came crushing down on me. As the darkness swallowed me, I felt like I was falling. I looked around to see anything, but everywhere I just saw more emptiness and a gut wrenching feeling of falling encompassed me in it's hold. And I screamed... As loud as I could...

I sprung up screaming in a bed covered in sweat. Glancing left and right I seemed to be inside a room and judging by the fact that the walls, floor and ceiling were all made of wood. I believed I was in the huge tree I made my way to. It seemed though that my vocal outburst had attracted the attention of the homeowner as hurried steps could be heard outside the door, closing in.

The door busted open and what I saw next gave me even bigger shock than being chased by the wolves, or at least that's how I felt, because in the doorway there was a lavender colored unicorn speaking to me... I was flabbergasted. I just sat there on the bed with my eyes wide open and jaw hanging as I tried to comprehend the situation. *Okay, okay... this is some kind of joke. There's a hidden camera somewhere and somebody will soon tell me about it* I tried to rationalize. But as I just kept sitting there while all the words from this joke/fake unicorn just passed through my ears. Being plain confused I tried to bring my left arm up to scratch my head, but stopped as it had a cast around the forearm, while my right arm was bandaged.

Reluctantly the situation started to sink in. I still had the wounds from the earlier events, so that means that I really was bitten by a wolf made out of tree branches. I kept staring staring down at my arms for some time, but movement from the corner of my eye brought my attention back to the unicorn at the door. It started to get closer to me! "Don't come any closer!" I yelled out of fear. In my panic I fumbled on the bed trying to get away. Only managing to get my legs tangled in the blanket and bedsheets and falling down on the opposite side of the bed, straight on my noggin with a solid thud. Left dazed from the hit I just laid there on my back while my legs where still mostly on the bed tangled in the blanket.

"Uuughhhh..." I groaned as I tried to focus my vision on the ceiling. But a familiar purple blur popped into my view from the side. Now being the center of my attention I waited for my eyes to focus on the blur, but as I started seeing more clearly, the more my eyes began to widen again. I was about to scream again, but the unicorn shoved it's hoof on my mouth so I couldn't. The best I could do was a very muffled "MmmFFfffhhh".

"Please don't scream. I won't hurt you." it said in a pleading tone with big round pleading eyes. I just stared at this confused, while my mind was racing over million things at one. *Why is there a unicorn in front me?! How can it talk?! and would somebody please wake me up from this crazy nightmare!*.

Slowly, but reluctantly I started to calm down keeping my eyes hard on the unicorn for any suspicious behavior. The unicorn seemed to notice that I was calming down and removed it's hoof from my mouth, but before I could say anything or scream again it said to me in a calm tone "Relax, you're safe now. You stumbled onto my library two days ago and you were in a pretty rough shape, but I patched you up to the best of my knowledge."

"I was out for two days?" I answered with evident confusion in my voice.

"Well more like a day and a half to be more precise, but may I ask you. What are you? I couldn't find any species like you in my encyclopedia of Equestrian animal kingdom" The unicorn replied, confusion apparent in it's voice now.

"What do you mean you couldn't find any "specie" like me? I'm a person. A human" I stated as if common knowledge, which I was about to find out was something we really didn't share. I must say though, that judging by it's appearance and voice, it seemed to be a female,

"Did you say... A human?!" She almost yelled at my face.

"Yea, a human, but... what are you for that matter?" I asked her in reply, but before I could do anything else she bolted out of the room while yelling "Wait there. I need to check something!". Leaving me still on my back next to the bed to wonder about her reaction. *What kind of mess have I gotten myself into.* I thought while rubbing my forehead with my right arm. Well one thing was for sure. This position wasn't very comfortable, so I gingerly untangled my legs from the blanket and rose to sit on the side of the bed facing the door just in time for her to come back carrying a book. Well... the book was more sort of levitating in the air in front of her, but I just couldn't care at that moment.

"Here! I found it! The mythical creatures of the world!" she practically chirped with a wide smile on her face as she set it down on the bed next to me and opening a specific page.

On the page there was a crude illustration of what I assumed to be some sort of tribal human. Wearing a very crude outfit of a loincloth and sandals, while carrying a large spear. "Soo... Ummm... why is it such a big deal that I'm a human?" I ask sincerely.

"Well humans haven't been seen in Equestria in 3000 years!" She jumped in my face positively glowing with excitement, although the same couldn't be said for me.

"Do you understand what this means! A long lost specie has come back to the land and I'm first to discover it! Just think about the scientific breakthrough! This is..." she started yapping her mouth like a automated turret.

My patience with the situation had run out and I stood up gave a mighty yell of "Stop! just stop. please?"

Well I sure did get her attention with that as her face displayed a little hurt and scared emotion, but at least I had the turn to speak now.

"Please... Consider how I'm feeling right now. I don't know where I am. I don't why I am here. I was almost eaten by wolves. And I seem to be the only human here." I replied with a shaky voice as tears begun to roll down my cheeks and I sat down back on the bed and buried my face in my hands. "I don't even know who or what you are...." I managed to speak from between my hands. The dam walls crumbling, I broke down crying.

I felt something rubbing against my thigh and saw that she was trying to console me with her hoof as best as she could while telling me reassuringly "Hey, hey... It's going to be okay, we'll figure out something." as she looked at me with worried eyes.

Touched by her actions mentally and physically I managed to blurt out between my shaky breaths "I'm Simon... by the way."

"And I'm Twilight Sparkle." she replied with a soft smile.

After I had managed to cry what there was left. I told her about the earlier events leading to my current situation. The storm, the lightning strike, waking up in a forest wounded, being chased by wolves and finally ending up at her door. Thankfully she let me finish in peace, but I could clearly tell that she was intrigued by what she was hearing.

"So this is "Equestria"?" I asked her and she simply nodded. "And you seem to be a... pony?"

"That is correct. I'm a unicorn to be specific, but there are also pegasi and earth ponies." she replied like a teacher answering a students question.

"You mean pegasi, as with wings and being able to fly?" I asked, starting to get interested too.

"Yup and we unicorns can use magic with our horns." She answered, her voice full of glee.

"Uuhhh... could you show me some... magic?" I asked now genuinely interested. At least for a moment I forgot all about my troubles and my predicament, because here I was talking to lavender colored unicorn about to show me real magic and not mere illusions.

"Sure. Let's start with something simple." She chirped and slowly her horn was enveloped by a purplish glow. Next thing I noticed was the book being enveloped by the same kind of glow and starting to rise from the bed, It rose to my eye level while I just stared at it with eyes of full of awe and wonder. I reached out with my hand to touch the book. I poked the book expecting it to fall, but it stayed there hovering next to me. I tried pushing it a little harder to see if it gave in a little bit, but was interrupted by a groan from my new unicorn friend.

"Please don't do that. It strains me if you try to move the book while I'm levitating it." She pleaded, clearly strained by my actions.

"Sorry!" I replied with nervousness in my voice.

"It's ok, you didn't know, but it's stressful to keep something in place, while someone tries to move it by force." She told me calmly. I chuckled awkwardly in response while rubbing the back of my head, which was still sore from the earlier hit against the wooden floor.

We were interrupted by a low rumble and turned our heads in sync toward my stomach and then back to each other starting to giggle slowly which then grew to great laughter. *Oh yeah I haven't eaten anything in two days...* I realized.

"You must be quite hungry I presume? I could have my assistant fix us a little snack." She said motioning towards the door.

"Well having not eaten for couple of days tends to do that." I said with a slight blush on my cheeks as my stomach growled again. "Who's your assistant by the way?" I said raising an eyebrow while starting to move towards the door.

"Oh, his name is Spike and he's a baby dragon. He's my assistant. He helps me around the library and to keep in contact with my mentor" She answered nonchalantly as we got to the door.

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at Twilight with wide open eyes. "He's a baby WHAT?!" I blurted.

*Magic wielding unicorns, flying pegasi and Dragons! What next...* I pondered as this world started to feel crazier and weirder by the moment...

Author's Note:

I'll try to keep the ponies talk style and personalities as canon as I can.

But I apologize in advance if something doesn't seem perfectly canon.

EDIT: Okay, after proof reading this chapter. I have decided that future chapters will be told from the 3rd perspective instead of 1st. This chapter has a very bad "flow" as I would call it :P