• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 823 Views, 5 Comments

Resurrection - Silverstreak



With the discovery of an ancient race Equestria slowly falls apart as three little fillies are thrown into the middle of an ancient war.

  • ...
5
 5
 823

City of Fire

Apple Bloom was running....running through a forest....the Everfree forest....breathing getting difficult....Apple Bloom looked down, she was bleeding real bad....she couldn't go on....she couldn't....this wasn't her, she didn't walk on two legs or look like this....a voice ranged in her ears....

"You need to get up, follow the trail of your squad, and kill that cybernetic mutant before it takes control of the shard!"

The voice was deep and echoed through Apple Bloom's mind.

"Why don't you help us! You fight better then all of us!"

Apple Bloom was running again....pain ran through her body with every step....a weird thing appeared in the distatance....a vehicle, a crawler, Apple Bloom didn't know how she knew what it was....an opening in the ground swallowed her....

"I will help you, but I have more then four humans to worry about."

Darkness surrounded Apple Bloom....the cold stone at her feet told her were to go....blood continued to run down her side....pain ran through her with every step....a light....the light of the shard....voices....voices of her team, her squad....Apple Bloom gripped the pistol tight in her hands....hands? What?....Apple Bloom saw the mutant who looked just like her....but it wasn't her....it raised it's hands, one held a pistol, the other was empty....one gun shot, a needle morphed out of it's hand....her two squad mates fell....Apple Bloom screamed raising her pistol....

"Kill it, and disable the shard how ever you can."

Apple Bloom stood over the mutant, watching it disintegrate into ash....she was at the shard, pressing panels, moving buttons....no, no the other....other....light started to fade....the pain was getting dull....Apple Bloom pressed one more button....she fell to the ground, watching the cave go dark.
Apple Bloom's brain felt like it was crawling out of her eye. She didn't know how long she'd been sleeping, if she could call it sleep. Apple Bloom lifted the blanket over her face, hoping to hide from the light as she opened her eyes. It didn't work, the light still blinded her through the blanket. Apple Bloom finally stopped trying to fight it, she lifted the blanket up, and awoke to see that she was still in Bluebloods room, the doors still wide opened from when that thing left, and Blueblood still unconscious or dead on the floor. Apple Bloom crawled backwards until she hit the bedpost. Minutes crawled by until Apple Bloom finally moved off the bed, staying as far away from Blueblood as possible, until she made it out the doors. From there she closed and locked the doors. The air felt stiff and raw. Something bad happened while Apple Bloom was asleep, shadows danced across the wall, she looked at the clock 2:09 p.m. The sun should be high in the sky by now, and shadows shouldn't be dancing. Outside the window was a world Apple Bloom didn't understand.
New Canterlot, capitol of the Imperial Democracy, was burning to the ground. Skyscrapers were toppled over, the streets filled with rubble, smoke replacing the air, and a shadow of a strange ship could be seen flying away while three command ships fell into the city, rouge fighters flew through the smoke filled air trying to find lost ponies. Apple Bloom backed up into the wall, fear corsing through her vains. When did this happen? Why did it happen? Was it because of her? Of course not! She didn't do anything wrong!
Apple Bloom put her head to her chest, and lowered herself to her knees. Tears flowed down like a river. It was to much, to much lost, to much pain. First Pinkie left the Crusader, then Snail, Snips, and Twist. Now Scootaloo and Sweetie were lost too, along with all those innocent ponies that thing has killed through it's rain of destruction. Was it all their fault? Did the signal in the Orange Lighting have anything to do with this? Apple Bloom raised herself off the floor, blinking the tears away. Apple Bloom moved towards the window, looking down as the city burned to the ground, Apple Bloom watched the fire dance through the buildings. She couldn't stand wondering if she or her friends were responsible for these attacks. Apple Bloom turned to look back at the bedroom doors thinking about checking on Blueblood when an image of her face on a computer drew her attention.
Apple Bloom
Younger sister of Applejack, President of Sweet Apple Acres, and Big McIntosh, CEO of Sweet Apple Acres
Occupation: Smuggler Mechanic with Sweetie Belle, Pilot, and Scootaloo, Fighter
Current status: Dead after eye witness report from Captain Hooves and his crew after discovery of Lunar Forces attack on Appleloosa. Captain Hooves declared that he saw a small air ship falling into the city as the suspects were fleeing from the crime.
The image changed from her to Sweetie Belle.
Sweetie Belle
Younger sister of Rarity, owner of Rarity's Boutique, and daughter of Magnum and Violet Shine
Occuptaion: Smuggler Pilot with Scootaloo, Fighter, and Apple Bloom, Mechanic
Current status: Dead after eye witness report from Captain Hooves and his crew after discovery of Lunar Forces attack on Appleloosa. Captain Hooves declared that he saw a small air ship falling into the city as the suspects were fleeing from the crime.
The image changed to Scootaloo.
Scootaloo
Orphan
Occuptaion: Smuggler Fighter with Sweetie Belle, Pilot, and Apple Bloom, Mechanic
Current Status: Dead after eye witness report from Captain Hooves and his crew after discovery of Lunar Forces attack on Appleloosa. Captain Hooves declared that he saw a small air ship falling into the city as the suspects were fleeing from the crime.
A thud came from the bedroom doors, followed by Bluebloods muffled voice.

"Apple Bloom! I'll kill you, you bitch!"

The doors continued to thud and shake as Blueblood tried to escape. Apple Bloom didn't waste a second, she burst down the doors leading into the hallway, to the stairs, and down five flights of stairs. Apple Bloom rushed into the hall and fell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something poked at her side, while a small trickle of water ran past her hoof. Apple Bloom slowly opened her eyes as they tried to stay shut from the pain. The maid outfit started to rip as she stood, it got caught on a rod when she fell. Apple Bloom let it tear open, and threw the rest of it to the side. Small little cuts ran all over her body, with little drops of blood forming. Apple Bloom looked up the hole that she fell through. It was carved out of the side of the building, wires, pipes, and other things were scattered or dangling. Apple Bloom couldn't tell how far she fell, parts of the floors were torn and bent to badly, but she'd have to esteemate about three floors.
A shuttle flew by blowing all the air towards the building. Apple Bloom ducked behind a piece of rubble while flying objects flew past her head. Apple Bloom raised her head over the pile of rubble to yell at the shuttle when a door from up above her was blown off its hinges.

"Sir, we have to leave!"

"Not until I get my hooves around that little bitch!"

"But sir..."

"No buts! Find me that little brat now!"

"....Yes sir."

They turned and went back into the staircase. Apple Bloom released the breath that she'd been holding onto. Blueblood was looking for her, the city was in ruins, and she had no idea what to do. Apple Bloom looked to her left and right, trying to pick a direction to go.

"Enie mini miny moe, catch a manticore by the toe, if it howls let it go, enie mini miny moe."

Her hoof ended pointing to the left, so Apple Bloom went towards the left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apple Bloom kicked down a door in frustration. She didn't know how many doors she opened or tried to open. Oh yeah, too many! Light flicked on and off down the hall, with no windows, clocks, or other ponies. Not to mention that the hallway itself was in complete shambles, pieces of the ceiling and walls all over the place. The building groaned, and metal creaked. Apple Bloom moved her head side to side, waiting to see what was about to unfold.

"So he finally left, huh."

Two hoofsteps echoed from a small hole to her left.

"Yeah, finally."

"So what did that mare do to him?"

"Honestly I don't know. I just heard him screaming through the floor, came down and found all his honor guards in the room off to the side, and Blueblood lock in his room ready to blow the building to even more pieces."

"Damn, sucks to be her."

''Yeah, no kidding, but I don't think she killed those guards."

"No, my money's on the creature."

"Definitely."

The two ponies walked down the hall, their hoofsteps getting dimmer and dimmer. Apple Bloom let out a breath, relieved that Blueblood had left the city, but now he wanted her for what ever he thought she'd did. Apple Bloom started to move back down the hall, she had to get out of this city, and fast. Apple Bloom moved to a door on her right and lightly pushed in. The floor collapsed beneath her hooves, Apple Bloom just barely managed to push the door in and grab the floor inside.

"What was that!"

The ponies were coming back towards her. Apple Bloom struggled to get herself into the door frame. Wood cracked down the hall, they were getting closer. Apple Bloom starting kicking the air with her back hooves, her front hooves started to slip.

"Oh no, no, no, no." Apple Bloom said in a hushed whisper.

Her back legs managed to land on a pipe that had been bent out of shape, and Apple Bloom jumped into the door frame causing the pipe to fall to the floor. Two royal guards barely came into view of the hole.

"Damn, this hole place is falling apart."

"We have to get out of here."

"But what about the..."

"We've been through about twelve floors and found no one. Lets get out of here.''

"...Fine, lets go."

They left the edge of the hole, disappearing down the hall. Apple Bloom sat catching her breath, feeling the blood run down her hooves from the door frame. Apple Bloom looked around the abandoned office wondering what happened while she was asleep. After a few moments Apple Bloom jumped down the hole and continued to walk the endless halls.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apple Bloom kicked the door off it's hinges finally getting annoyed at the endless maze of halls filled with rubble. Apple Bloom made her way down the stairs, kicking the door along the way. Moon light filled Apple Bloom's eyes as she entered the ground floor of the building, tears rolled down her face as she walked through the remains of the door. A slight breeze blew through New Canterlot, causing the smoke to blow to the east, and the fires to burn a little brighter. Apple Bloom carefully walked across the remains of the city.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweetie Belle wriggled inside the small sewer pipe as a rat crawled over her back hooves. Regretting her choice to crawl through the sewers, Sweetie continued forward until she saw a small light ahead.

"Finally!"

Sweetie picked up her pace, crawling as fast as she could until a gate blocked her way.

"OH COME ON!"

Sweetie used her rage at the whole situation to blow the gate away with magic. The boom echoed across the giant room followed by the gate splashing into the water below. As the room became quiet, Sweetie could hear multiple voices, but not what they were saying, she used magic to slide herself out of the small pipe, and lift herself to the nearest platform. The room was huge with light coming from some old bulbs, tall things jetting out of the walls all the way down into the depths of the water below, and metal walkways that either connected to each other or to the things jetting out of the wall were rusted and crumbling. Sweetie never heard of a room like this one, mostly made of stone, but it was huge more massive than anypony had....

"Yes." A whisper silently said.

Sweetie twisted around trying to find the source of the voice, but found no one. The platform she was on was alone with no walkway connecting to anything. Sweetie really wished she could learn to teleport herself, she lifted herself towards the nearest walkway that had been twisted and torn. As Sweetie made her way through the jungle of twisted metal and an aimless direction, she wondered what was happening on the surface, she couldn't understand what the voices were saying, nor could she go back through that pipe, not just because of the rats, but the huge walking metal suit that hide some sort of creature was back there plus all the dead bodies. Sweetie saw what that thing did to those ponies, heard the three deep booms that would lead to a head or body imploding. Sweetie hoped that Rarity was alright, she couldn't stand the thought of, no Rarity would be fine, she had no reason to even come close to the R&D Department, unless....The ceiling collapsed in a fiery explosion, Sweetie brought a magic barrier to protect herself as the remains of a fighter fell into the water below along with parts of the ceiling. A deep and loud force barraged Sweetie's ears as a huge crowd of ponies shot SG's at each other, yelled, and kicked. A few ponies fell into the hole, each yelling as they fell, but some were either pegasus or unicorns and were able to save themselves, but the earth ponies were left to fall into the water below. Sweetie didn't dare fly herself through the hole, no matter how much the moon's light and fresh air begged her to join them, the large crowd of violent ponies and echoes of the screaming, kept her down.
The bubble protecting Sweetie dissolved, leaving a cicle of rubble around her. Sweetie continued to walk in her earlier direction leaving behind the hole to the outside, but not the sounds of the surface. The screams and yells of the ponies above echoed to a point were it was worst then being at the actual hole. Sweetie tried to ignore the sounds, but they hurdled towards her ears pounding her brain. Sweetie looked up to see that the path she took lead to a stone wall blocking her way, she brought up and lowered her front hooves on the ground in frustration at the complex maze of this place, when a dull thud of metal caught her ears. She was standing on some sort of metal panel embeded into the stone, Sweetie had seen mutiple things of metal in the stone, and along the walls in straight vertical lines, but what caught her attention was the hollow echo behind it. Sweetie knock her hooves into the metal again, and again the hollow echo followed, she moved of the metal panel onto the stone floor, she couldn't hear an echo, but when she kicked the stone wall it was a dead thud when compared to the low thud of the stone floor.
Sweetie looked closely examined the wall and floor, and found different tool marks. The wall had mutiple virtical lines, while the floor had a bunch of tiny holes. Sweetie's left eye became agitated and irritable. As she scratched the sewer became filled with mutiple little dots that started to connect to one another until they had change the sewer into a city that had no ceiling with the water gone, and most of the stone floor Sweetie could walk on became a skyline. Vehicals, shaped like Spike's hand with the thumb sticking out, flew through the city. Two figures stood on the corner looking towards the setting sun.

"So this is the last city of our people, and it will fall without a single fight." The low dull voice of a male cut into Sweetie's ears.

"What can we do? These alicorns have attacked us when we're attacking ourselves. We have to pull back to the Lunar Station and fight the cybernectic mutants before we lose this fight."

"We've already lost Keria. We lost when we let our home world die, we lost when the Veros let the brutes free, we lost when the elites got in our ranks."

"Can't you stop acting like we have nothing left!"

"What do we have left! We've been to two worlds that can support our people and each time the local's have fought us, and each time the mutants have been there. The only good thing about this world is that there's no brutes here, so no loss of the local life."

"Please the elite mutants will..."

"Will kill us, but let the local life grow, it's in their programming."

The female looked down into the streets below, she seemed to be thinking deeply about her next words.

"You were suppose to be the savior of our people, but you will just let us die."

"I'm no savior, nor no hero. I'm a man who was forced to lead and live long beyond my life. I remember the day I was forced to leave Earth, and forced to leave Veros, but I will not be forced to die without a fight." He looked towards the Keria, "Your people may think of me and my squad as saviors, as wise leaders, but we are just four people who have nothing to live for."

"So you won't help us."

"Oh we've already set plans in motion.

He walked towards and through Sweetie Belle, continuing along the walkway until he turned out of sight. Keria stood leaning against the railing, staring out into the nearly faded sunset.

The scene dissappeared back into lines and dots until Sweetie was back in the abandoned city that had been turned into a sewer.