• Published 24th Dec 2012
  • 2,299 Views, 21 Comments

A Dash of Faith - joshibirdy37



Dash had always wanted to join the Wonder bolts; but not always for the most professional of reasons.

  • ...
2
 21
 2,299

Humble Beginnings

A Dash of Faith

Hey readers. This is my first fanfic so don't be TOO critical... I aim to entertain! Leave a comment to say what you think or what you think i need to work on. :D

Thank you for your time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dash had always wanted to join the Wonder bolts; but not always for the most professional of reasons.

I don’t need to see you to love you
I only need to know you’re there;
I don’t need to feel you
To have you touch my heart
I only need to know you care

Rainbow Dash woke up to the sunshine blinding her, the weather still being warm since her previous cloud clear up yesterday.

“wha...? Morning already?”

Dash said grudgingly as she sat up on her large bed made from the finest cloud in Equestria.

She slowly got to her hooves and plodded along to her window, still half asleep she stuck her head out the window to take a good look at the sky to see how heavy her workload would be today.

There was a white swirl in the distance hovering over Ponyville.

“Aww man, what does it take to get an easy day’s work around here?!”

Her attitude damped by the very bright awaking earlier.

“I know I’m the toughest Pegasus around but come on not even a day’s rest every now and again... well at least I might see him...”

Dash launched out the window towards Ponyville not looking forward to her more than heavy workload.


*Knock* *knock*

“Soarin, Soarin! Get your lazy flank up! You’ve slept in again!

A slightly annoyed, familiar voice called out beyond Soarin’s door.

Soarin awoke abruptly; a bit annoyed due to the rude awakening.

“I’m up! I’m up Spitfire! I’ll meet you there in 10 minutes go ahead!”

He said loudly as he pulled his bed cover above his head.

“You better be!”

She replied hesitant if he was telling the truth.

Soarin had been training with Spitfire for the past two weeks on a field close to Sweet apple acres in preparation for one of the Wonder Bolts performances, and has been regretting agreeing on the time of practice lately... Being a Wonder Bolt, Soarin is quite busy with not a lot of time to himself but to keep this time to himself he has had to squeeze in practice in the early hours of the day.

“Oh for goodness sake... I can’t keep this up! I’m a wreck!

He said sad that he wasn’t as durable as he thought.

“Stop it Soarin! Don’t be such a foal! Anypony could do this!”

He spoke in a reassuring manner giving him the strength to burst out his apartment’s window to meet Spitfire. He was aiming to get there before her as a bit of pride boost for the day. He whizzed of into the sky with a smirk on his face as he saw Spitfire flutter beneath him as he made his way to Sweet apple acres.


As Dash blasted past Sweet apple acres on route to Ponyville she noticed a blue fuzz in the corner of her vision, she slowed down and the blur began to clarify.

“Is that... It is!”

Rainbow swerved in to a nearby bush as not be noticed by the blue Pegasus, he seemed to be waiting for someone.
Suddenly a yellow figure landed near him.

“Well some ones had a change of heart!”

Spitfire said in a cheery voice.

“If something has to be done might as well do it with a smile”

Rainbow smiled at this, she never noticed how optimistic Soarin was.

"Now Soarin, i know your having trouble with this routine but we have to keep it up if we want to ace this upcoming performance, how else do you think we got this reputation! not to mention princess Celestia will be there, we can't afford any mess ups, especially after that best young fliers competition..."

Soarin almost forgot how the wonderbolts were almost the underbolts after trying to save an audacious white unicorn from falling to her death, only to be saved by a particular rainbow coloured Pegasus. If it wasn't for the daze of the event of his crippling embarrassment he would have asked for the pretty mares name and maybe even number, who knows.

"Oh yeah, we were saved by that nice girl..."

Spitfire thought nothing of this common adjective, however, Dash was almost liquidated by that time spitfire began speaking again.

"ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh, he said I was nice!"

Rainbow squealed a little bit too loudly.

Spifire heard a excited rustling noise in a bush near behind Soarin

“Hold on... Is that.... a rainbow tail coming out of that bush?”

She said quizzing yet nervous as to who would want to eaves drop on them.

Soarin’s happy smirk was wiped off and as he came straight out of his daze. The words “rainbow tail” brought back memories of the competition and the mare he was just then so infatuated by.

He turned around to see the face of colourful haired mare that was almost as red as his own.


So that ends my story for this chapter! This is the product of a long cold night that left me awake and bored, suddenly the idea to write a story came to mind! and what other story to write than one that involved ponies! This is just a little romance story i started up so whatever way this story will progress is up to you guys now, whatever you want to read ill write, I’m doing this for your entertainment! Thanks again for reading!

The poem at the beginning belongs to this website

I thought it fitted nice with the plot that Rainbow has liked Soarin from afar, since the night at the Grand Galloping Gala to be exact.