• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 684 Views, 31 Comments

Demon Within - BlackBolt



Scootaloo has a friend with her...herself/Self Conscious...but what she doesn't know is that her friend has a secret within. Can Scootaloo stop the madness on her own? Read to find out!

  • ...
5
 31
 684

Prolouge

The young, orange coated pegasus sat there, waiting for someone to walk through the door. She had waited hours.

After a few more minutes the door swung open and revealed a young, handsome stallion. His snow white coat glistened from the suns reflection on the snow behind him, making the brown flecks on his flank more distinguished. His brown mane and tail flowed in the bone chilling wind that blew through the door.

"Scoots? I hope I didn't walk into the wrong house?" Scootaloo sat up "No, I'm here...and this is the right house."

"Phew I hoped it wasn't Pinkie's..."

Scootaloo laughed a bit. "You’re early, that's good." She started pacing around him and he blushed. It was obvious he liked her, but he never had the opportunity to say so.

"I umm... well uhh-" Scootaloo placed her hoof over his mouth to quiet him. "Just hush, ok? We don't want anypony to join a two pony party now do we?" She took her finger off his lips. "Especially Pinkie...we would never hear the end of it!" She joked.

She was gazing deep into his eyes, almost melting into them. He broke the gaze and turned around. "Something wrong?" He turned on some slow music and turned back around and faced Scootaloo "May I?" He asked in a polite manner, holding out his hoof to her.

"Sure.."

ᏯᏜᎦᎦᏜᏯ

BlackBolt trodded along, wondering what he should do on such a cold day like the one that gripped PonyVille today. The temperature had reached a bone chilling 26 degrees and nearly froze his wings as if he were in a blizzard.

He looked around and noticed Pipsqueak walking around. Pip looked as if he were looking for someone, or maybe he was lost and just wandering around.
"Hey, Pip!" BlackBolt called to him. "Ya?" Pip replied, sounding a bit tense. "Looking for someone? Or perhaps a place to stay?" BlackBolt knew Pip very well, and decided he would offer him a place to stay the night, if he needed it of course.

"N-no...I uhh.. No I'm not...I'm fine.." BlackBolt was a little suspicious of the young stallion, but he decided not to bother him. "Suit yourself..." BlackBolt walked off and watched over his shoulder as Pipsqueak walked off too.

ᏯᏜᎦᎦᏜᏯ

BlackBolt was sitting in a Italian restaurant when it happened. All at once he felt something, something dark, so dark that he could have been knocked off his feet if he wasn’t sitting, so powerful that his mind went blank and was filled with an evil laugh. He shook the feeling off quickly, knowing that whatever it was, it wasn't good.

He decided to ignore it and finish eating his pasta. Once he had finished he decided to go to SugarCube Corner for desert. He walked there and again that wave of evil swept over him. He knew after that second time that whoever it was, whatever it was was not screwing around.

It had come for something, but he didn't know exactly what IT wanted. He carefully walked through the doors to SugarCube Corner and ordered a Zap-Appple cupcake with a small mint-chocolate chip shake.

He sat down beside someone he didn't expect to see in town. "RedSky! What are you doing here!" He sat beside her, happiness shown all over his face. “Bolt!" They both had met each other long ago when they were just kids. As a boy BlackBolt's parents had both died in a bombing. To release his anger that he had kept inside for years, he decided to join Luna's army when he had the opportunity.

RedSky had encouraged him all the way. Until one day BlackBolt had seen something in the distance, a falling star. It was unlike anything he had ever seen, so he left Luna's Army to go and find out what this strange object was that had fallen.

BlackBolt had found out what the thing was a few weeks later, realizing that the falling “star” that he had seen was actually an alicorn who had crashed during a failed comet spell. He called himself Griffin. After a short stay Griffin had to return to his studies amongst the stars. RedSky had to leave as well to return to college and finish her education. BlackBolt decided to stay in PonyVille and soon found a house to live in.

"Long time no see." RedSky said while giving him a hug. "It's been forever since I last saw you Red...what maybe 5 years roughly...?" BlackBolt looked both surprised and glad to see her. "Around there." She agreed. It had been well more than 5 years since they last saw each other.

"I remember the last time I saw you....you looked different, what is it...coat? Mane? I don't know?" BlackBolt was curious.

"Actually I had my mane style changed along with my tail, doesn't it look good?"

"Of course it looks good...actually it looks amazing!"

RedSky blushed a bit at his comment. "Thanks.." She seemed to act a little odd around him for some reason, but he knew that they acted like brother and sister everyday. "So, want me to buy you anything Red?" BlackBolt asked.

"Well...hmmm....no nothing I can think of." RedSky replied.

"Ohh ok tha-" BlackBolt was cut off as another wave of evil wash over him, this one was stronger forcing him to fall to the floor and onto his forelegs. "BlackBolt?!" He cringed as he felt an invisible hoof scratch across his back, as quickly as it started it ended like the others.

"BlackBolt?!" RedSky asked once more as he got up. "I-I'm fine..somethings not right here...we need to talk, privately." He said as stood up and grabbed her hoof.

ᏯᏜᎦᎦᏜᏯ

BlackBolt’s house was warm compared to the harsh cold outside. "Red, there is something in PonyVille....something evil, but I don't know what..." BlackBolt was pondering the many possibilities, from a spirit of a TimberWolf, to a person long forgotten and came back for revenge. He didn't know anything.

"Are you sure you're all right BlackBolt?" RedSky asked. "I'm sure I'm fine, it's just... that evil...how it basically forced me to my forelegs...how it wiped my mind clean....and could touch me even though it wasn't there, I've never heard of such a thing like it."

BlackBolt was a mix of emotion, confusion, anger, and disappointment. He flipped through a few books he had on the supernatural and found nothing, but it did cross out the possibility of it being a TimberWolf’s spirit.

After pondering the different possibilities he sat on the couch. RedSky walked over and sat beside him. "You ok....BlackBolt?" She stuttered at the end...halfway to name him as if they were going out or family. "Y-ya...I think so.." She laid her head on his shoulder, and he placed his head on hers. Laying there they both fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Just Re-Made the prologue! Hopefully It not only looks better, but is a much better read! Taking out the crossovers too....