• Published 17th Dec 2012
  • 1,454 Views, 39 Comments

Equestria's Mirage - Alchemystudent



Twilight's worst dreams and fears come true, but why and who is causing it

  • ...
9
 39
 1,454

This is a troubled universe

Twilight slept soundly in her room, letting the comfortable covers of her bed warm her through the morning. As she slept, she could feel as though something was weird in the area, as though something dark was flowing through the house. Opening her eyes slowly she saw a heartbroken and depressed dragon sitting on her bed.

“ Spike what's wrong?” Twilight asked, rubbing her eyes.

“Twilight, we got a letter from Celestia,” said Spike, holding it in his hand, almost in tears.

“A letter, but what’s on it, and why are you crying?” asked Twilight, sitting up in her bed, wiping a tear from his eye.

“It says that... that... we are leaving ponyville forever,” Spike stuttered as he cried.

“WHAT!!!!!!!!” Twilight yelled.

With permission and love of Hasbro and the great goddess Faust

Equestria’s Mirage

“Give me that letter,” Twilight yelled, her horn glowing purple as she took the paper from his claws. Her mind racing about the possible reasons for this. She began to read,

Dear former student.

“Former student?”

I have found your recent studies and achievements to be surely, lacking. You have failed me at every turn so far and your studies into friendship to be deplorable. You allowed yourself to be beaten, driven mad, and broken too many times to be a proper student.

“This doesn't make sense. Celestia KNOWS the reasons for some of the stuff thats happened to me. Why would she do this?”

Most troubling are the Mare Do Well incident, the Wedding which you could have stopped if you were any brighter, and the mass murder of several clones. All of which you could have done something about if you were brighter, but you are not. It appears that I have placed too much faith in you.


“The Mare-Do-Well...but Me, Dash, and the others already talked about it and made up. There were so many apologies going around after the wedding that I thought we were doing more apologizing than having a good time for a bit, and the MURDER? But they’re just magical constructs, how could she..."

Thus you have been found not only to be unworthy of your ‘friends’ but unworthy of being my student. I have no need of a student who can not take my lessons seriously and will hurt her friends as much as you have. You are hereby ORDERED to return to Canterlot at once, be dismissed from my teachings, and then be sent away so you will never disgrace my or anypony else’s presence EVER again.

“Banished? Dismissed? take...t...taken from my friends?” The letter dropped onto the floor as Twilight sat there in utter shock, “This is...this can't be happening! Spike, come on, we got to tell the others.”

“Twilight...I can't,” Spike said as he walked to the door, sullen.

“Why not?” Twilight said, looking at spike, eyes wide with shock.

“Because, well...Celestia found my birth parents!” Spike said, a smile across his face. “They’re waiting outside right now to fly me home and spend time with me. Can you believe it!” With that, Spike ran out the door and did not look back.

Watching her surrogate brother run out the door broke the young filly’s heart. Wanting to catch up to say her goodbyes, Twilight ran out the door after him. However, as she got outside she found no one there except for the busy streets of ponyville, “He...he didn't even say ‘goodbye’.” Twilight lowered her head, some tears rolling down her cheeks.

Somewhere in the streets, an Egyptian cat watched and smiled.
__________

Twilight began to walk through Ponyville in search of her friends. She did not care if it was Celestia who told her to leave town, she would damned before she left any one of her friends and she was determined to find out why the princess was doing this. The first thing to do would be to find her friends and tell them what’s going on. As she walked, she saw a blonde pony walking down the street with her head down, “Applejack!” yelled Twilight.

“Sorry Sugarcube, can't talk right now...” Applejack said as she walked away from Twilight, a sullen look in her eyes as she got farther away. “I got to help get Braeburn settled in at home.” She said as she walked farther and farther away.

“But I have to tell...you...that the prin,” Twilight slowly stopped her news, watching as her friend slowly left her. Turning up at a flying sound, she caught a look at a blue, “RAINBOW, I need to tell you something important!”

“Sorry Twi, can't talk. Fluttershy is missing and I have to find her,” said Rainbow Dash as she began to look around the sky for a few seconds.

“Wait, Fluttershy’s missing? Since when, how, what happened!?” Twilight asked, her own problems forgotten immediately.

“I don't know. I flew by her home this morning to get some food for Tank and I found the place empty. I thought she might’ve gone for a walk...but then I noticed that some of the animals looked hungry, like they haven't been fed in a few days.” Dash said as she begins to look around and then takes off once more to look.

“I’ll try to help look for her,” Twilight said as she watched the rainbow contrail fly off, “as...soon as I fix my own problems.” She then lowered her muzzle as the realization that she will have to soon be leaving her friends and would be unable to help Fluttershy at all. Walking to the boutique and the corner turned up nothing but locked doors and signs that they would be back tomorrow. Feeling alone, broken, and without any help she walked slowly to the train station only to encounter a broken down train. No trains today, they said, they will be sending a chariot tomorrow, they said. These words passed into Twilight's mind and left her feeling like her world was slowly crumbling.

Somewhere, an Egyptian cat watched the purple unicorn and smiled.
____________

The next morning, Twilight awoke slowly. She was about to ask for Spike, but then she remembered that Spike had left her and that she would soon have to leave her family behind. Getting out of bed, she heard some yelling and fighting outside,

“What’s going on? Applejack?” Twilight asked as she got out of the library and watched as her friend was being taken away.

“We are arresting this filly for murder is what is going on!” Just facts said as he dragged Applejack away.

“Murder? Who did she...” Before Twilight could finish her question, Applejack answered.

“Braeburn, I killed him last night,” Applejack said, looking at Twilight in the eyes, “I had to Twi, I had no choice.”

“No choice, but...” Twilight asked looking at Applejack, getting interrupted by the blonde pony.

“Twi, he was drunk...he was going to kill Applebloom. I had to protect her.” Applejack said as she was carried away.
Before she could say anything, a loud sound of lighting was heard coming from Sugar Cube corner. Worried she ran to the store and saw, “R-Rainbow?” In front of her, Rainbow dash was standing over Pinkie’s charred corpse, panting in rage.

“I...had to do it Twilight, I had...” Rainbow Dash turned away from the fried body of the pink pony as she walked to another part of the store.

“Dash...what happened? Why did you....kill Pinkie?” Twilight asked as she watched Rainbow go to a yellow body on the floor.

“I found Fluttershy.” Dash said, picking up the yellow form, holding it close to her. “I came here to see if Pinkie had seen anything. When I came, I heard a quiet scream and ran to the basement. I saw-I saw PINKIE MURDERING HER! She had her knives in her body, cutting her to ribbons. I-I could only see red as I went to her, demanding why. She came up with some BS about Flutters being evil and trying to turn ponies into babies to fill her sick desires and was trying to save us all. I didn't buy it for a second and fought her. She put up a good fight, for a while. Then I brought in a lightning cloud from outside to finish her flank! She died begging me to understand, I didn't listen.” Dash then cradled the dead pegasus in her legs, whimpering while Twilight left the building.

As she walked to where the carriage would be waiting, she could hear noises from the Boutique. Curious, she looked inside and saw Rarity, petting a dead cat and looking like a deranged mare. Twilight could make out the words ‘mommy’s still pretty, mommy’s still pretty’ from outside of the window. Slowly she backed away in horror, unable to take all of the pain and horror that she’s been seeing, in the past day. That was when the carriage came in and then took her away.

Somewhere an Egyptian cat watched and smiled her eyes glowing green.
__________

Twilight stood in front of Celestia, listening to everything that she had said and the reasons as to why she was now expelled from her teacher’s services. But in reality, her mind was not really there. Her mind was back in Ponyville and what had become of her closest friends. She could only think about what was going on and tried to wrap her mind on what could have cause it. “ARE YOU STILL THINKING OF YOUR ‘FRIENDS? Don’t you remember how they could abandon you in an instant just when their own goals are in sight. Remember?”

“They did not abandon me, we talked it over after everything was said and done. They had plans to talk to me after the reception, even if I was wrong. It was their intention all along to apologize to me, talk to me about what had happened, and try to make up for it. They told me, no matter how mad they would get...they would NEVER abandon me,” Twilight said, her mind only on the good times with her friends.

“Such devotion,” Celestia said, shaking her head in disapproval. She then began another talking down to Twilight, point out every fault that she had. However, Twilight became distracted by the blue tail of a cat. Following it, she chased the feline down the hall until she came into a room surrounded by glass windows. Watching the cat she noticed that the creature had a moon on its forehead. Watching it closely, she noticed that the cat had pointed its paw to the first of the windows.

Twilight looked carefully, “Wait, that's...me, asleep in my bed. And that's, some hand putting us in green orbs and taking us away from our homes. and that's us, asleep in another...This is a dream! THIS ISN'T REAL!” yelled Twilight as she concentrated her magic into a powerful burst, shattering the orb that she was in.

Waking up slowly, she looked around her surroundings. She saw that she was in a room held aloft by pillars, lit by burning torches. The room was surrounded by strange symbols that shown different stories, of people falling before the power of a cat god, and in the very back of the room was a throne. Draped across the arms was a bipedal creature, who looked at Twilight menacingly. “Well, look who woke up.” The creature said as she stood up, she was clothed in a red top and a piece of clothing covering her loins. Walking slowly, her grey fur shone within the darkness. “I want to congratulate you Twilight Sparkle, on being the first one to break out of your nice little nightmare.”

“Who are you?” Twilight asked, getting a good look at the feline head that sat on top of the body, noting that she must be a cat-something hybrid.

“The name is Mirage.” The grey woman then bowed, an evil smile gracing her lips. “And welcome to the worst nightmare of your life.”

Author's Note:

Quick, lets see who can Remember who is this girl and where is she from?

Oh, and by the way, that scene with Fluttershy and Dashie and Pinkie...Hardest thing I had ever to write, I felt wrong writing every line and every word even though I knew the end of this

Also of note, I wanted to reference Crabblejack with the Braeburn part of the story, but when I was about to write the line of rape...I couldnt do it. I didnt want to go there because I felt like it was just there for drama and didnt add to the story at all. And yes, the Rarity is a reference to lilmiss Rarity, one of my favorite tumblrs