• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 673 Views, 20 Comments

He And His Knightmares - xCrossx



Dage has saved the Princess of the Night from her darkness. Now it's time he faces his.

  • ...
9
 20
 673

Victory's Afterthoughts

Victory's Afterthoughts

I groggily wake, recognizing the bed I lay on as Luna's. And mine now. I also recognize the absence of her as I lay in the middle of the bed on my side. I open my eyes and glance at the door. I recognize Celestia's form as she blocks it, looking down the hall. All is quiet. What happened while I was out...? How long was I out for...?

I notice the glimmer of Celestia's eye before she walks the way she was looking. I yawn and stretch for a few moments before pain laces along my left side, spine, right shoulder and eye, forehead and horn. "AHK!" I screech at the sudden attack, crumpling up to stop the stress causing the pain, though my head is pounding, too.

Luna walks in at that moment, staying by the door. Her eyes give away how much she wants to rush over and worry over me. Celestia follows, looking as unemotional as last time I saw her. I glance between them, waiting for one of them to speak. After many moments, I can't stand it anymore and ask, "What is it?"

"You were badly injured. Normally, we would doubt that you could come back from it unscathed. But you showed an impressive amount of power when you were beat down." Celestia walks over to the side of the bed I'm facing. "You will endure scares, that is garaunteed. But we have no way to tell currently if your shoulder, spine and horn will heal properly."

"Sister..." Celestia turns and glares at her. Luna closes her mouth and stares at the floor, slumping.

"What do you mean? What's wrong?" I look at Luna for a moment, confused by everything.

"Your shoulder, horn and spine were severly injured." She sighs as I give her the "No, really?" look. "Your back got cut by the shattered glass, some into your spine." I cringe. "Your shoulder is both burnt and wrenched." Worse cringe. "And your horn... Your horn has noticable chipping." I shut my eyes at the image, knowing what it means, all of it. I let out a deep, sad moan.

"You think I won't ever be able to fight or use magic again." I open my eyes and cut Celestia off. "Don't give me that 'We don't know' crap," I growl. Her eyes widen and Luna jumps the chance to speak.

"We really have no idea when you contain so much magic; it may or may not help you recover." Celestia snaps to her and gives her a very evil glare. Luna flinches back against the wall.

Against all protests, I leap to my hooves on the bed and stick my face into Celestia's. "I know you have an immense amount of knowledge and have a good reason for trying to make me do it alone, but I don't fucking care! She saved me with three little words twice! She is my marefriend" -my spine tingles as I mention the word for the first time- "and she is meant to give up herself for me as much as I am for her! So leave us the fuck alone!" I groan in pain as I finish, dropping back on my side on the bed, this time across the pillows.

They both gape at me before Luna tries to dismiss what I just said. "He didn't-"

Celestia uses magic to close her mouth. "I know what he meant. And, once again, he is right." She releases Luna's lips and continues. "I do know much more than either of you. Things I can not yet reveal. But I shouldn't have tried to force things; natural is the way things are meant to come to be." She sighs, lifting me with magic to move me to my half of the bed and tucks me in. "But I am still very sure of something, and it will help under one condition: you must be put under a magically-induced coma until you have healed."

"Sister!" prtests Luna.

"No," I reply. "If it is what must be done to heal, then I will do it." I blink to Celestia before turning to Luna. "I will be right here, safe. And it won't be long before I'm back, I promise." I smile reassuringly and Luna nods. Celestia casts the magic and darkness envelops me.