• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 672 Views, 20 Comments

He And His Knightmares - xCrossx



Dage has saved the Princess of the Night from her darkness. Now it's time he faces his.

  • ...
9
 20
 672

Armor's Debut

Armor's Debut

Everyday I fight off the doubts while Luna tucks her wing around me. It's hard but gets easier over time, as the months pass. I come to think more of the nights and of Luna next to me. It's worth it as I fall asleep and rest peacefully until Luna wakes me.

The nights are great as me and Luna continue to talk, though less so as more nightmares happen and visitors come. It doesn't bother either of us; things are good and it's our jobs. Things continue like this for the next few months before the news arrives.

A guard rushes in right as Celestia entersto relieve me and Luna for the day. "Sorry to interrupt, but we are being attacked by an evil-armored pony! The men don't stand a chance, not even the fresh Dayguards!" The three of us glance at each other. It's here.

"Gather every man you can and clear the way; it will come straight here," orders Celestia.

"If... If we do that, he will easily-" protests the guard.

"This is not your fight. Get everypony out of the way, then treat the injured when you can." Celestia glares at him as he hesitates before rushing back out. She turns to Luna with a regretful expression. "Come; this isn't our fight either."

"No." Luna glares at her sister, who's gaze turns into a glare back. "I will not leave Dage."

"You must leave this to him." They glare at each other more. Before either can speak again, I cut in.

"Luna, go with her; I'll be fine." She turns to me, stunned. "You will still be nearby, and so will I. I can handle this, like you told me back when I had doubts." She stares at me, worry written too clearly on her face. "I'm barely younger than you, not a child." I blink and she concedes.

"Good luck... Love..." she whispers softly into my ear, hardening my resolve, as she follws her sister out. I wait in the throne room for a good while it feels like. The armor finally steps around the corner of the grand doors, a pale blue form holding it together. A magicly-created body.

"Dage," it says in mock woo, the voice dark and echoing. "Decided to accept me? I thought these petty Princesses would influence you otherwise."

"They didn't need to, Paragon." I midly toss a fireball at him. He deflects it as it hits his horn.

"Weaker than I remember; maybe you won't give me a challenge after all." It grimaces. I narrow my eyes as my horn glows, lifting the separated pillar before chucking it at it. Its horn glows the same color as mine as it sends fire out, splitting the pillor so it flies past harmlessly. "Simple levitation," it notes.

It charges at me, horn aimed for my chest. I wait until the last second before leaping back. I'm too slow as it uses magic to extend its horn and send me flying with great force. I crash through a window and fall right off the mountain, the castle hanging over the edge. I flip uncontrolled through the air, chasing the rain I hadn't previously noticed. Lightning strikes, thunder mere seconds behind, lighting my fall. I stare back up as the Paragon Armor leaps off the rear balcony after me. The same one that Luna came back on...

My vision blurs to black as I fall. Booms, flashes of light, rushing wind, pattering of rain on my back, the wrenching of gravity....