• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 500 Views, 2 Comments

Sword, Shield, and Scabbard - Shadowslash101



An ancient threat has returned to Equestria and he seek to only rule it with the ancient power of the titans. A powerful allience must fight him, but who?

  • ...
5
 2
 500

Prologue

Prologue

Kronos: Lord of the Titans, Bearer of Chaos, Devil. He was once human. Several generations ago, he became Emperor, enslaving ponies everywhere. They endured arduous labor and hardship while the humans lounged about in the city. The ponies were forced to scramble for food scraps under their master’s table. The land knew no friendship, no kindness, no honesty, no loyalty, no generosity, no laughter, but it knew magic very well. Kronos was the first human to ever harness the mystical powers of the unicorns by using his Scepter: a steel rod with an Ice Diamond on top. It was the first object to ever control magic and the mythical titans, the only real power that made the ponies fear him so much. Although powerful, his magic was short-sighted.

Kronos had not known it, but two humans and two ponies fled from the Empire and found a small town named: Hope. Hope was a town where no pony or human would ever quarrel or command against one another. Instead, they were comrades, aiding one another in work, enduring together in hardships, playing together as a family, and celebrating as one. It seemed that Hope was a true example of the friendship, long forgotten in the Empire between humans and ponies, and it was all they needed. The two humans and ponies persuaded Hope to declare war with the Empire, and once they explained what all happened in that wretched city, Hope agreed. Then the first Human and Pony war commenced.

At the end of it all, Hope had succeeded and the Empire was captured. One of the ponies that escaped from the Empire was Magi. He found a sacred power beyond comprehension; he named it the Fourth Wall. It was an energy that was there, but then again, it wasn’t. Once the very day of Kronos’ sentence, Magi had mastered the power of the Fourth Wall and opened a rift between space and time. The sentence was exile, and it was one of the most interesting exiles they had. They exiled the servants of Kronos into the rift and taking the Scepter first, Magi pushed Kronos inside himself. Once that was finished, the humans of Hope and the Kronic Empire felt increasingly guilty of their race’s oppression on the kind ponies, and so they insisted on exiling themselves into the rift. Magi didn’t like such an action, but after he saw the shame and sorrow within their eyes, he allowed them to leave in peace into a new realm, and that was the last of the humans on this planet.

But it was not a surprise to Magi when he noticed that Kronos attempted to return through the rift on that same day; wanting the sweet taste of revenge on those ponies. However, Magi quickly closed the portal, and Kronos was sealed between two realms; the humans and the ponies. It was three days later that Magi had prophesied that Kronos would indeed return. Gathering his titan forces and enslaving the land again. During this, four heroes will emerge, and they will fight Kronos and his army. Kronos will have four generals under him: a Titan of Illogic, an Alicorn of Shadow, an Alicorn of Darkness, and a Demon of Fire. Their strengths will be evenly matched, but a change of loyalty will tip the balance and the four heroes will defeat the Titan Lord.

Magi had only caught a glimpse of such heroes in a vision. One hero was a Pegasus with the Power of Seven, the second was an Alicorn with Eyes of Judgment, the next was a Unicorn with Unexpected Speed, and the last was an Earth Pony, equipped with a Sword, Shield, and Scabbard, each bestowed with Insatiable Power. He explained that among these four, one of them would be the most unlikely and lowest of Ponies.

During the Generations of peace and life, Magi never failed to recall those events, even to this very day…

Author's Note:

Still need to work on that Prologue some more. Not finished.