• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 408 Views, 0 Comments

PLR: The Beginning - Caesar2013

  • ...
5
 0
 408

Battle of Stalliongrad Part 1

The evil of the Griffon Empire, ravages Equestria like a disease. Their relentless drive to conquer Equestria has ended the lives of innocent stallions, mares and foals. The evil of the Griffon rulers is matched by the cruelty of the Griffon army. These are the terrible times of the Griffon Occupation of Equestria.

"Incoming!" an Equestrian Soldier yells as the cannon ball rips through the top of the boat.

Griffons fired their cannons and artillery from the shore while the braver griffons flew past the boat, pelting the soldiers with rocks and shots from crossbows. Other boats in the area sunk, the cannon fire taking their toll.

"AHH! We're all going to die!" Pvt. Osmo yells clenching his crossbow close to him.

The Equestrian soldiers had gathered their strength from across the river. From the docks, they had loaded onto boats prepared for the fight to retake Stalliongrad.

"Stallions!" The Officer yelled. "Welcome to the city of Stalliongrad! The griffons have looted and murdered their way through Equestria! But they had not counted on the might of the 12th Pony Crossbow Division. The griffons have lost hundreds of their own, and have been reduced to climbing over their own dead. Celestia herself have given us the task of retaking Stalliongrad! We have plenty of bolts, plenty of spears, and plenty of griffons to kill! Not one step back! General Golden Hide's orders! Cowards and traitors will be shot! Do not count days! Do not count anything but the number of griffons you have killed! Death the evil griffons invaders!"

The boats filled with soldiers continued their way across the river as griffons flew by shooting at them. As the boat continued, all of the ponies fell backwards as the boat ran aground. Bucephalus looked over to the side and saw that the boat had gotten stuck on a sunk boat.

"It's another boat!" Bucephalus yelled at the top of his lungs. "We're stuck on another-" Bucephalus' words were cut short as a griffon cannonball crashed into the vessel.

BOOM! BOOM! Bucephalus woke to the sound of cannons going off. He saw that Pvt. Spike Tail was pulling him out.

"I thought we lost you back there Sargent Bucephalus" Spike Tail yells as he finally puts him down. Pvt. Osmo over there." Spike Tail points to Osmo who was cowering on the ground, soaked in mud. "Is being a coward."

"Enough!" Bucephalus yells. "The griffons got us pinned down here!" Look over, Bucephalus saw that his squad was largely intact, Osmo (the support), Dead Aim (the sniper), and Spike Tail (assault) were still standing (or laying for protection) ready for the battle. "Comrades, take the left flank, the ruins should provide us with cover!."

Ponies continued to be shot down as they ran in separate directions.

"Cowards!" The officer, whom appeared to be better at shooting ponies in the back then griffons yelled as each pony runs towards the beaches.

Bucephalus' squad continued to move to the left flank as bolts flew all around them.

"There's one!" Spike Tail yelled as a griffon flew straight at them. "Come closer you bucker!" as Spike Tail aimed his crossbow.

"He's mine!" Bucephalus yelled, grabbing the Griffon. The griffon struggled to get out of the grip of the larger pony, but Bucephalus merely continued stabbing at him with his knife.

"But... he was mine." Spike Tail said looking at the corpse of the griffon.

Bucephalus gave one last kick in the griffon's head to make sure it was dead. "It saves bolts this way."

The squad moved through the house, to their horror, they saw the bodies of several foals, torn to shreds by the griffon marauders.

"Buckers!" Dead Aim "How dare they kill foals! We're gonna make them pay!"

"Oh Celestia I think I'm gonna BLARRRGH" Osmo interrupts himself before vomiting in a corner.

Bucephalus himself couldn't stand the sight of seeing these foals, probably no older than two years of age, lying dead on the floor.

"We still have griffons to kill! Move up!"

The squad continued moving through the bombed out building, until they had come across a bunch of griffons who were firing down from their positions with cannons.

"Dead Aim, can you hit those griffons from here?" Bucephalus asked while watching the griffons' every move with a pair of binoculars.

"Yeah... one bolt per brain coming up." Dead Aim says looking through his scope.

Meanwhile over by the griffons.

"HAHA! KABOOM!" The griffon says loading another cannonball. "Take aim and fire-" The griffon's words are cut short as Dead Aim's bolt goes through his head. His fellow griffons turn around to look.

"What the- ahh" The griffon catches a bolt through his throat

"Damn bolts only go so far..." Dead Aim says taking aim at the last griffon. "Oh shit he sees me."

The griffon turns the cannon around as Dead Aim loads another bolt into his crossbow.

"Shit he's aiming at us!" Osmo yells.

BOOM! The cannon ball rips through the house throwing the stallions to the floor, as Bucephalus looks up, he sees several squads of griffons rush towards their positions.

"Aggh my head!" Bucephalus says rubbing his head as a piece of concrete had hit it.

"Sargent!" Osmo yells at the top of his lungs. "They're coming closer! Oh Celestia they're here!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" Spike Tail said while playing dead, in an attempt to stop Osmo from giving away their positions.

"I can't take this anymore!" Osmo yells before rushing outside.

Bucephalus could only listen as the fat pony ran outside, surrounded by griffons, and shot down.

"Buck!" Bucephalus yelled. The griffons were now in the building looking at all of them. Bucephalus could only wonder what they were saying.

"Katuka Makita Ponshi fakus mortis (These ponies think they can trick us by playing dead?)" The griffon said looking at them.

Bucephalus opened up one eye and saw that the Griffon's club was coming down straight at him.

POW! The club hits Bucephalus in the head, knocking him out.