• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 408 Views, 0 Comments

PLR: The Beginning - Caesar2013

  • ...
5
 0
 408

Birth of a Revolution

I originally wrote this on fanfiction.net. Just bringing it to FIMfiction.com for you guys to enjoy.




Our story begins far from Ponyville, far from Canterlot. It is high in the mountain tops by the Equestrian-Griffon Border where our story begins. The village had only one life line, that is the coal mine. Long ago, many earth ponies were enslaved and brought here to work the coal mines. Far from Celestia's grip, they toiled day in and day out, from sunrise to sunset, all these ponies extracted coal from the mines. Worked at their masters' desires, they toiled in the hot summer and in the freezing winter. Though freed from slavery, they were bound to the mines that their ancestors were enslaved in. Many feel that they were treated better as slaves then they are as free ponies. Many wouldn't even dream that one day, a colt would be born. One to shake Equestria to its very foundations.

"Ahhhh!" a mare screams in pain. "AHH! Get this foal out of me!" The mare cries out in pain as the foal is being delivered.

"Push!" The mare's sister calls out. "Push!"

The pregnant mare screams even more as the foal is being pushed out of her womb.

"One more push sister!" The mare sister cries out.

"AGGHH!" With all of her strength, the mare finally pushes the young foal out.

"Sigh" The mare gives a breathe of relief as her ten-month burden had been lifted from her.

"Wahhah! Wahhh!" The foal cries as the mare's sister picks up the foal.

"Sister! It's a colt! What a joy ! It's a colt!" The mare's sister hands the young colt back to the mare.

"Oh..." The mare says looking at her sister. "If only his father was back from the mine... I wish he could see this."

The mare's sister smiles softly and gently but looks away. "Sister" she calls out "You know that he has to work hard or your family will suffer."

The mare nods towards her sister. "I know, but Brom works hard by day, but I hardly see him anymore. He's always going off towards meetings with the other workers. Starting something called a 'union'?"

The Mare's sister smiles again towards her sister.

"I know sister, my husband keeps talking about demonstrations and strikes. But now now, you need your rest sister. I will look after the colt."

The Mare, though exhausted by childbirth, handed the newborn to her sister.

"Please sister" the mare says. "Keep my sweet little one safe."

"Yes sister" She says. With that the new mother fell asleep.