• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,256 Views, 35 Comments

Blue Thunder - Blue Thunder



You are Blue Thunder. This is the story of your young adult life.

  • ...
23
 35
 1,256

Ch.8

Ch.8

It was the day after you got back from the Crystal Empire, five days after the battle. It was the day of your and Dash's Wedding. The apple orchard was decorated in the most beautiful apple blooms. There are rainbows covering the sky, a salute to Rainbow Dash from her fellow weather patrol ponys. You have a tux on with cuff links and a necklace that matches your sky blue eyes. Dash is wearing the most beautiful wedding gown you have ever seen, her veil matches her mane perfectly and it was covered in pearls, each magical turned one of the six colors of the rainbow and mixed randomly. As you stand next to her staring into her beautyful eyes reciting your vows, you cant help but feel sad for her. You want to help her as much as you can but you cant heal her any more then you could cast a spell. As you say I Do, Dash smiles at you. You cant help but smile back. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are the ponys marrying you and Dash as a personal favor to both you and Dash. Celestia-"I now pronounce you stallion and mare." Luna-"You may kiss the bride." You lift her veil up onto her mane and marvel at Raritys handiwork. Each color matches her mane perfectly. You lean towards her and kiss her, you hold it for a few moments then you break it off. You both turn towards the crowd and you put your wing over her as you lead her towards Applejacks house so she could change into something more comfortable for the party. You cant help but start laughing as the reality sets in. When Dash looks at you questingly, you just laugh harder. "We did it. Were finally married." She smiles at that. The smile doesn't leave her lips all day.

Its the week after your wedding. Dash hasn't left your side since the ceremony. You are covering her eyes with one wing. You had brought her to Raritys Botique for a 'surprise'. Rarity hands you a little blue box. You open it and show Dash whats inside. She gasps as the light catches on the little cloud and rainbow lightning symbol hanging from a white gold chain. The symbol was surrounded by hand picked blood ruby's that matched her light rose eyes perfectly. the cloud had a sapphire in the center that matched her coat, there was writing around the sapphire in the ancient pegasis language used before Celestia and Luna ruled over Equestria. it read "My heart is yours forever, no matter what obsticals block our way". You take it out and put it around her neck. She study's it in the mirror. "Its beautiful." You smile at her and wrap your wing around her. "Its a symbol of my love for you. This is how i see you, your beautiful eyes, coat. and mane. The words are a symbol of what i love about you, you never let anything stop you." She smiles again and leans against you. "Its perfect, just like you and me Blue." You thank Rarity. "O please, its the very least i could do. You two make such a cute couple that i couldn't resist making you one as well Blue." You look at the necklace shes holding up. The cloud is made of black pearl and the three lightning bolts were made out of some sort of yellow coral like stone. The outline was sky blue like your eyes and there was a dark blue sapphire that matched your coat in the center. The same words on Dash's were inscribed in gold lettering around your sapphire. You take it from Rarity and put it around your neck. "Its beautiful Rarity. Thank you so much." You hug her, then you and Dash head home thanking her once again on the way out.

Its two months after the battle at the Crystal Empire. You walk over to Dash and help her remove her bandages and sling from her wing. Your standing in a clearing just outside ponyville on a slight hill. The perfect place to try to fly. She slowly stretches hew wing out to full length. She gives it a few slow test flaps. You look at her as she tests the underused muscles. "Are you sure you want to try this." She nods. "Yes, the only way im ever going to gain my power back is to use my wings." You nod, understanding the pegasis's need to fly again. She slowly spreads her wings out as a breeze comes up. She just stands there for a few minutes, flexing her wings letting the breeze catch them, then streamlining them. She was testing all the small muscles she uses to trim her wings in-flight. Suddenly she jumps into the air and flaps her wings a few times before gliding down the hill. She lands and smiles at you. She jumps back into the air and flaps as she fly's in a slow circle above you. She slowly fly's higher and higher until you cant see her anymore. You spot her diving towards you with her wings folded. Just before she hits the ground she flairs her wings and slows down enough to land safely next to you. You grab her up in a hug. "I knew you could do it." She starts laughing and you laugh right along with her. She takes off and flys around for a little while longer. Eventually it starts getting dark and she lands next to you again. You lead her home and put the exhausted pegasis pony to bed. You however have something to do. You make your way to Suger Cube Corner. When you arrive, the Cakes have already closed up so you knock. Mr. Cake answers the door "Sorry were cl.. o hello Blue, is everything alright?" "Yes. I just wanted to talk to Pinky for a minute, its important." He looks at you with a smile. "O? And what could be so important that you couldn't wait for morning?" "Its about Dash." His smile is replaced with an O. "Go ahead in, shes upstairs." You thank him as you head up the stairs. When you get to Pinky's room, you knock twice. The door opens a few seconds later and she beckons you in. Your startled to see another pink earth pony sitting on her bed. Pinky giggles at your face. "Hello Blue. I would like you to meet Rose Bud." You look between the two pink ponys as Pinky sits down next to Rose Bud. "Hello Rose Bud." She giggles "Just call me Rose." Pinky giggles again. "Hes a silly pony, isn't he." You just keep looking between the two of them, looking for differences. There wasn't many. Their coats and manes were the same color, although Rose's mane didnt look like a giant puff of cotten candy. Rose wore her hair straight like Twilights, although slightly shorter. True to form her cutie mark was a rose bud. You stair in shock as Pinky starts nuzzling Rose then snuggles up to her. She giggles at your face. "Look Rose, I think hes going into shock." The two pink mares start giggling again. "Silly Blue, Rose is my mare friend." You start smiling. "Well, i never thought YOU were like that, but im very happy for you two." They giggle again as Rose plants a kiss on her cheek. "So. Pinky i have a question for you. You cant tell anypony yet, but Rainbow Dash is flying again." Pinkys whole face lights up as she jumps up and starts boncing around the room. "YAY I KNEW SHE COULD DO IT!" You grab her and plant a hoof over her mouth. "Quiet Pinky. No one can know, its going to be a suprise. Thats why im here. I wanted to ask if you could plan a party at Sweet Apple Acres for her in a month." "OF COURSE ill plan a party for Dash." You smile, knowing how hard it was going to be keeping this secret. You thank Pinky and show yourself to the door, leaving the earth ponys alone. As you walk home, you wonder if they were trying to keep their relationship a secret. You decide to ask her about it some other time. You get home and walk upstairs. Dash is already sleeping so you climb into bed next to her and fall asleep.

When you wake up, Dash is already gone. There is a note on her pillow saying she was going back to the hill to fly again. You decide to go to Fluttershys cottage. As you walk down the road, you see two pink ponys at a Applejacks stall in the market. Pinky is trying to talk to Applejack but Rose keeps nuzzling her and giggling. You guess there not trying very hard to hide it. As you approach Fluttershys cottage, you see a green pegasis stallien in her bedroom window. He calls over his shoulder when he sees you and ducks out of sight. You see Fluttershy peek out for a second then dissapear. As soon as you get to the door she opens it. "Hello Blue. I... uh..... ive been hoping you would come over." You walk inside and see the green pegasis up close. Hes a little bit smaller then you, almost the size of Rainbow Dash. He has a dark green coat with a slightly brighter mane. "Blue, i would like to introduce you to Mint Leaf." Mint looks at you and smiles. You stare daggers at him and he starts to look scared, although he never takes his eyes off of yours. You lessen your stare. "You had better take good care of her Mint Leaf. I spent the last month nursing a pony back to health. I don't want to do it again." He nods, still slightly scared. You walk over to him and sit down. You grab him in a small hug "NA, im just playing with you. Fluttershy can take care of herself, ive seen her do just that." He smiles. "You had me going for a second." You stand up "Fluttershy can i talk to you in private." She nods and leads you to the kitchen. "Fluttershy. Dash has started flying again. Pinkys planning a party for her in a month, but shes not going to tell anypony what the partys for. I was wondering if you could get Sudden Gale, Wind Storm, and the Princesses to attend." She has the largest smile you've ever seen on her face. "Yes i certenly can. Im so happy for her." You thank her and say goodbye to the couple, saying there was a few other things you wanted to get done. You instead fly off th the hill where Dash would be flying. You arrive to find dash diving as fast as she can. She was moving fast enough to create a small line of pressure off her front hoof, like she was about to break the sound barrier and make yet another sonic rainboom. Just before she can, she flairs her wings and lands next to you. "Hi Blue." You look at the sky blur pegasis next to you and the look of utter joy on her face. "You almost made it through. a few more days and you'll be back to normal i'd say. I have to remember to rub it in Midnights face at the party. Actual, if you can make a sonic rainboom already, we should move the party up. Tell you what, race me to the other side of the mountain behind Canterlot." She grins "Your on, even crippled ill still win." You yell go and jump into the air, flapping hard. You leave her behind as you concentrate on the mountain. You look behind you but dont see Dash anywhere. You slowdown looking for her, spoting her diving from a high altitude just behind you. You redouble your effort, trying to stay ahead of her. It's all to no avail as shes just too aerodynamic for you. She Dissapears behind the mountain just as you cross the top. Your hit by a shockwave as Rainbow Dash preforms a sonic rainboom for the first time since the battle. Your tossed back a few hundred feet, but come racing back and grab her up in a mid air hug, the entire time shes screaming at the top of her lungs. "I DID IT, IM BACK. TAKE THAT MIDNIGHT." You start lightly crying into her sholder. She senses your quiet and stops shouting." Whats wrong Blue?" You just look into her eyes. "Nothing. Nothing at all." You fly around for a while before heading back home. As soon as you get home you leave Dash to shower and go out looking for the pink duo. You find them in the park sitting on a picnic blanket. You walk up and Pinky takes her eyes off of Rose's long enough to see you standing there. "Hello girls. Pinky i think shes ready. She wants to move the party up to the day after tomorrow, if its alright with you that is. She looks overjoyed at this news. "O YAY i didnt think i would be able to hold that secret in for a month anyway. O YAY ill go tell Applejack." She stops when she hears a whimper. "Well, ill tell Applejack later." The other pink pony hugs Pinky as you walk away saying goodbye. "Don't worry about it Pinky, ill tell Applejack." You take flight and head towards Applejacks farm. You arrive to see Sunshine walking out of the house. "Hi Sun. Is Applejack inside?" She nods and opens the door for you. You walk upstairs and nock on her bedroom door. "Applejack, its Blue." "Just hold on one sec. Ah be right out." She opens the door and you see her looking at her harvesting skedual. "Ahm just trying to reskedual one harvest day next month for a party Pinkys planning." "Actually Applejack, You don't have to. We, well I decided to move it to the day after tomarrow. I know you have a day off of harvesting the day after tomorrow." She smiles. "Thats perfect, the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny." You smile and thank her and saying goodbye, you walk home. You let Dash know that you moved the party. She smiles, "That means lots of practice tomorrow for the big reveal." You laugh as she subconsciously starts flapping enough to hover just off the ground. The next day, Dash flys off behind the mountain to practice in peace and you walk around looking for your friends. You stop at Fluttershys first. Sunshine Mint Leaf was there so you invite him as well. You head over to Twilights and Midnight's. You tell them the party starts at 10:00 AM. You turn to Midnight. "Theres going to be a pleasant surprise for everypony, but i just wanted to say before hand. Ive never been so happy that you were wrong about something. Don't bother guessing, you will just ruin the surprise for yourself." You say goodbye and head towards Suger Cube Corner to check on the preperations. When you arrive you see Derpy the mail mare eating a muffin. "Hey Derpy, you making your runs today?" She looks up at you and smiles while her eyes drifted in oppisit directions. "Yep, im just about to start." "Perfect. Listen, i know its alot of work but could you stop at every house and deliver a message to them?" She nods, "Sure, i have alot of mail today anyway so i was going to stop at most of the houses anyway." "Ok. The message is an invitation to a party at Sweet Apple Acres tomorrow at 10:00 AM. If they ask what the party is for, just tell them were welcoming two new couples, and that there is going to be a surprise." She looks excited as she grabs her muffin and takes off to deliver the mail and the message. You check up on the food for tomorrow, then you head off towards the mountain. Your about halfway there when you hear a bang, meaning she made a sonic rainboom yet again. You look for the telltail rainbow colored shockwave but you dont see one which means the mountain was the perfect place to practice. As you speed along you notice a cloud moving to the back of the mountain. You look closely and realize its the ECS Venture. But something about it doesn't look right. There are some sort of towers with tubes sticking out. You look closely and suddenly you have a flashback. *** Your looking down at a picture in a book. Its a Battleship. Your fascinated by the huge cannons on it, wondering how loud they were.*** You gasp as you realize that the Venture now has Cannons. You speed towards the Venture and land on the bridge. You kick the door open and run up to the captain. He looks at you and smiles. "Well if it isn't Blue." You stop dead in your tracks. "O you don't remember me Blue. I was the captain of the Venture when we found you and Tec in that crater. Im also the one who saved your flank at the Battle of the Crystal Empire." You stair at your two time rescuer. "And im forever n your debt for that, but i need to ask one very important question. Where did the cannons come from." He looks startled. "Im surprised you know what they are, there a brand new invention. We stick a giant icecicle in followed by a small wad of cloth and a block of ice. We hit the block in the back with lightning, flashing it into steam forcing the iceckle out the front. Were just about to go behind the mountains out of sight for a few test shots." You look out the window. "There is a pegasis pony out there right now, my wife, she was the one i was laying over at the end of the battle. She was wounded in the wing and she just got out of the bandages and shes been flying behind the mountain to hide it from our friends, who thought she would never be able to fly fast again. You might know her, shes the only pony to ever make a sonic rainboom in known history." He smiles. "Well in that case we wont fire while shes flying, but i would love to see her fly." You smile and takeoff to tell Dash what was going on. You catch sight of her just as she becomes a rainbow colored blur. You brace as the shock wave hits you and pushes you back a few feet. You chase her down as she keeps her speed up, trying to go as fast as possible. She starts pulling away from you as you fold your wings and angle your hooves to make a point in front of you. As you gain even more speed, you feel a resistance in the air you've never felt before. You push yourself as hard as you can, trying to break through whatever was holding you back. Suddenly the resistance dissapears and you shoot forward. You look behind you to see a rapidly expanding circle of blue with a blue streak leading from the center of the circle back to you. You scream in excitement as you go shooting past Dash, who slowed down a tad when she herd the second boom. She gets a shocked look on her face and pours the speed on to catch up. As you pull up to avoid the ground, she pulls along side of you and smiles as you start to helix around her still trailing your blue line. You slow to a stop as she circles you a few times then comes to a stop next to you. "Holy Crap. I cant believe you did that. That was awesome. We have to use that tomorrow. You smile as you think what you could do. Just then the Venture comes into sight. "What are they doing here?" "O they have a new weapon system, they came back here to test it but i told the captain that you were out here flyng and he decided to hold off on the testing so they could watch you fly. Keep practicing ill be right back." You fly up to the Venture and land on the bridge. The captain walks over to you and points out the window at your and Dashes helixing trails. "Now THAT i have to see again. That was amazing Blue, i didn't know you could do it too." You smile. "Actually that was my first one." He just laughs. I have an idea, im going to test fire one of the cannons into the ground to check the accuracy. Then i want you and Rainbow Dash to go sonic again and loop de loop around a block of ice ill have one of my unicorns levitate into the air. Try to make the circle as small as possible." You salute and takeoff, heading for Dash. You tell her the plan and she dives for the block of ice easily going sonic. You plow through her shockwave and her rainbow trail, going sonic a second later. Dash pulls into a tight circle going one way, while you pull into a slightly larger circle at a ninety degree angle to hers. You circle three times then pull out of the circle to clear the area. As you and Dash speed away from the block of ice you hear a bang almost as loud as a sonic rainboom and suddenly the circles you made explode into a sphere of snow easily 5 times larger then your circle. The heat from the impact melts the sphere of snow, turning the sphere into a ball of all the colors of the rainbow mixed in randomly. You and Dash land on the bridge of the Venture next to the captain. "That was amazing" he says, watching the rainball dissapear. "Ill have to see if i can get permission to do that at your party tomorrow." You smile. "How did you know about that?" He laughs. "Derpy Hooves is my neice, she told me she was going to a party tomorrow with a surprise. I didn't stay a captain of a ship for thirty years by not being able to put two and two together." You nod, thinking what a good entrance that would make, when you come up with a better idea. You tell the captain the storie of how you used to be human and how he came to find you in that crater so many years ago. Afterwards you explain about your idea. "How many cannons do you have onboard." He answers "Four" You tell him your plan and the smile on his face just keeps getting bigger. "I think we can do that."
The next day, you and Dash walk into the party at 10:00 like everypony else. There were alot of ponys openly wondering who the couples were (although most knew who one couple was) and what the big surprise was. You wonder that as well, trying to blend in. Dash has a sling on her wing to make everypony think she still cant use it. Midnight walks up, "Hey Blue, hey Dash. Why are you wearing a sling?" She looks at her wing. "Well it still hurts sometimes, and i didn't want today to be filled with pain." Midnight nods in aggrement and says cya later as she heads for twilight at the snack table. Half an hour later, its time to make the announcements. You walk up onstage and call for everyponys attention. "Hello everypony, and thank you for comming. First i bet your wondering why the ECS Venture is floating in the sky above us. That's part of the big suprise so im not going to tell you. First off, its time to reveal the new couples in town. As im sure everypony knows by now, the first new couple are Pinky Pie and Rose Bud." They stand and kiss, much to the amusement to everypony there. "The next couple has decided not to reveal themselves until today, as they are both rather shy." Almost every head turns immediatly to Fluttershy as she blushes and ducks under the table. "The second new couple is Fluttershy and Mint Leaf." They both stand to applause and somepony yelling 'I knew you would find a special somepony'. I would like to wish goodluck to the couples and hope they have a long and happy relationship. Now its time for the suprise." Twilight and Midnight step up to the stage and take your place. "The suprise will begin in just a moment, Blue is going to get it. Now don't ask us what it is because we don't know, all we know is were supposed to do this." And with that hers and Midnights horns light up as four massive blocks of ice raise off the ground from behind a row of trees and float high into the air at the lever of the Venture. They all float about half a mile from each other, making the four corners of a square in the sky. The Venture turns sideways and its four cannons take aim and fire with four huge thunderclaps. The four blocks of ice explode and make four huge sphears of snow that instantly melts and makes four huge spherical rainbows that all touch , leaving nothng between them except a small hole in the center. From above the spectical, you and Dash can hear the crowds applause as you both begin your dive. You have to time it perfectly. Just as you shoot through the hole in the now massive ball of rainbow, you and Dash both go sonic, creating a massive shockwave pushing all the rainbow into a huge ring that expands halfway to Canterlot on one side and Cloudsdale on the other. You and Dash spiral around each other, healixing your contrails like a strain of DNA. Just before you hit the ground you and Dash put your hooves together so t looks like your standing on her hooves and she on yours. You both kick off each other, sending each other flying off in different directions. You both pull up and arch towards each other. At the apex of your arch you pass each other and continue down, following the others contrail, making a spectualer rainbow with a deep blue background. You both loose speed and fly towards the stage. As soon as you land, the crowd starts cheering and beating the ground with their hooves. You look up at your handiwork, the circle from the shockwave is still there and still slowly expanding, with the massive rainbow you just completed raising through the center. Midnight is just staring at the two of you, her jaw almost touching the floor. "O my gosh, Rainbow Dash your recovery is complete? That's amazing. Do you have full flexibility and control back?" Dash laughs at her surprise. "Yes, its a little stiff in the morning or when its about to rain, but other then that i have full use." Twilight runs up and grabs you both in a hug. "Im glad to have you back Dash, and im amazed that you went sonic so soon after just getting out of your bandages. And im amazed you went sonic at all Blue." You laugh at her. "What, you doute my skill? Im married to the best flyer to come out of Cloudsdale remember. You dont catch that type of pony just being normal." She laughs at that. "I guess not. Well im glad you can fly again Dash." she thanks Twilight and leans against you, her head on your sholder. You look up at the Venture as it sails back towards Canterlot. The ship turns back towards you and fires its cannons once more in a salute. Four streaks of white hit four more blocks of ice, creating the spheres again, this time only a few hundred feet above the ground, showering everypony with a fine mist creating the illusion that their all standing inside a rainbow. You Run behind the barn and wheel out a tube similar to the cannons. You pull out some lightning in a bottle and let it loose at the bottom of the tube, sending a ball about the size of a basketball flying into the air. It explodes in a firey ball of purple light. Everypony gasps and applauds you, asking how you managed to do that without a horn. You smile as you tell them its a different type of magic. You smile at their cheering, laughing inside as you remember that nopony has ever seen fireworks before. Life is good, you realize as you stare at the sky, life is real good.