• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,334 Views, 29 Comments

Shimmer - CrescentShimmer



Crescent, a blind mare, is having an emotional breakdown and leaves home for awhile.

  • ...
2
 29
 1,334

A blind pony?

VII:

Twilight had just arrived in Canterlot in her new dress and with her head held high. She would be meeting Celestia soon to discuss her progress in her studies. The entire train ride she thought of Crescent and Twilight planned to mention this to Celestia. As she reaches the palace doors, she saw Celestia waiting for her on her throne.

“Hello, Twilight Sparkle. How is my most faithful student?”

“I’m doing well, Princess. What shall we discuss first?”

“How about that abnormally large book you have in your bag, there?”

“Oh,” Twilight lifted the book with her magic. “This is a book of spells and sight and how the brain and eyes work together.”

“So then, tell me, why the fascination?”

“Well, you see, a pony from Trottston came to Ponyville yesterday. I let her have a room in my house for the night. She was having troubles at home because, well, she’s blind.”

“A blind pony?”

“Yes.” Twilight opened the book. “Her name is Crescent; she was born that way. I dusted this book off my shelf to see if there were any spells that could help her.”

“That’s awfully kind of you, Twilight. What does Crescent think of all this?”

“Well, I haven’t really told her. I want to be sure that I can perform the task before getting her hopes up.”

“That’s considerate. What have you learned so far? Oh, and where’s Spike? He normally accompanies you on these meetings.”

“Not much. There are a few assisting spells, but not one for a complete cure. And I told Spike to stay in Ponyville to help out Crescent while I’d be here.”

“You’re doing a good thing. Keep it up! I think your brother wanted to see you, he is in the courtyard. Report back to me in an hour or so and we’ll start our meeting formally.” She began to turn away, “Oh, and nice dress.”

“Thanks! Rarity made it.”

“I figured. Now, run along. I have a few things to do. See you in one hour.”

Twilight turned away and headed for the courtyard. As she left, Celestia got a quill and a scroll and began writing.”