• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 1,335 Views, 29 Comments

Shimmer - CrescentShimmer



Crescent, a blind mare, is having an emotional breakdown and leaves home for awhile.

  • ...
2
 29
 1,335

Do you know what time it is?

X:

Twilight has just arrived back in Ponyville from Canterlot. It was late and nopony was stirring. She opened her front door and stepped inside to see Spike reading a book in the first room and Crescent in the doorway to her guest room.

“Is that Twilight?” Crescent asked Spike excitedly.

“It sure is. How’d it go, Twilight?” Spike ran up to her side.

“It went well. I’m exhausted. How did your day with Rarity go, Crescent?”

Crescent walked toward Twilight’s voice and stood next to her. “It went well. She is so nice!” Crescent twirled around once. “See the dress she made for me?”

“It’s very nice, Crescent. I know you can’t see it, but the color matches you so well. Rarity did an amazing job.” Twilight gave Crescent a tight hug. “Well, like I said, I’m exhausted. I’m going to go to bed now. See you all in the morning?”

“Goodnight Twilight.” Crescent had a huge grin on her face. She had never felt so warm and welcome in her entire life, even from her own parents and friends from Trottston. “Goodnight to you too, Spike.” She said to him as she walked back into the guest room and crawled into the bed. She stayed awake and let her thoughts take her wherever they would. She thought of her parents and how they were. She thought of all her pony friends, but especially Skyward. Crescent loved Skyward and he loved her. She had no problem with what her parents and Skyward had planned for her, other than the fact that they did not consult her until later. She only hoped that upon her return, she still would have the offer to live with Skyward.

Twilight had gone into her room, but did not go directly to bed. She removed the large book from her bag, lit a candle, and began reading more. An hour had passed and Spike had come up to sleep.

“What are you doing Twilight? Do you know what time it is?” Spike said, rubbing his eyes. He must have fallen asleep in the library room.

“I know it’s late, Spike, but I just couldn’t resist. I had just gotten to the part about how to perform the spell when I got off the train.”

Spike sighed a “whatever” as he yawned and slid into bed.