• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 3,702 Views, 89 Comments

Spike's Diary - Vespa luctuosa



Spike has his secrets, and he had no trouble filling his treasured diary with them...

  • ...
5
 89
 3,702

Mercy

Spike watched the pegasus and earth pony edge closer towards him. They wanted to see what he’d written, as soon as they found Sweetie belle was involved in the book there was no hope of hiding it...

“Spike, what’s in the book?” Scootaloo calmly asked. She made an act to show no harm against the purple dragon.

“N- Nothing!” Spike denied all of the accusations, even though it was plain to see there was certainly something about their filly friend written in black and white. The whole searching through his various hate messages was bad enough, but this was a bit more personal between him and Sweetie Belle...

“What is it Spike?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Spike was at his peak in complexity. Backed down into another corner by the Cutie mark Crusaders with about as little hope as his occasional problems with Twilight... So was there a way out of this one?

Scootaloo was ready to pounce and end his chances of escape. The young athlete was certainly faster than the baby dragon, no doubt, so Spike had to think of a strategy... His eyes darted around in anxiety, quite soon he set his path on the window.

With a great leap he managed to beat the reactions of the orange pegasus. He fell from an open window, landing on the ground with a painful thud! Now it was time to run. After smoothly pulling himself up he-

“Gotcha!” Scootaloo shouted. She rugby tackled Spike, pinning him to the muddy ground. The book fell right out of his claws, landing in front of him. Reaching for it was pointless, the filly had him trapped.

Apple Bloom walked in front of them. “Let’s see what it is.” She picked up the book, searching through it for the page of Sweetie Belle. Once she’d found it she started reading it while Spike could only watch in despair.

He had failed. Now his little secret was out. Apple Bloom would see every word of it and reveal it to her friends, they would look down on Spike in disgust and never talk to him again. It was simple.

She held the book in front of her face, covering whatever her expression was. Sweetie Belle watched from metres away, casually waiting for a conclusion. It was intriguing, what would Spike write about her?

The book was lowered. Two minutes of Spike’s stare held, begging for mercy. His eyes met with Apple Bloom’s for just a moment as she immediately recognised his plead... She had no look of anger or frustration... There were no signs of intention to shout the contents of the book from the rooftops of Ponyville. There was a simple, blank expression, which quickly merged into a delightful smile.

“Aww.” She hummed adoringly, looking down at the young dragon trembling.

Scootaloo returned a gaze of confusion, releasing Spike from the muddy ground. She still lacked any idea of what was in the book, and she wanted to find out. “What was it?”

Apple Bloom did not reply. She took a small glance at Sweetie Belle, then focused her eyes back on Spike, keeping the same content smile.

Spike pushed himself off the ground. His swipe for the book was not blocked now that the knowledge was in the earth pony’s head. Not a word was spoken by him, he still stayed quiet and hoped no more would come out of Apple Bloom’s mouth.

“What was it?!” Scootaloo shouted to make an obvious and aggressive demand. Though the pegasus wasn’t the only one in the dark, Sweetie Belle stood beside her and they waited for the information together.

“It was... Nothing.” Apple Bloom replied, trying to cover up the private confession for Spike’s sake.

“Nothing? There was something about me in there!” The unicorn was gaining some anger, pressuring the poor dragon even more.

“Well. There was certainly something.” The earth pony suggested, but making no more hints. “And I’m in no position to tell y’all any of it. If Spike wants to tell you, he’ll tell you.”