• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 2,028 Views, 8 Comments

Maybe it's not so... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 5 to the "Maybe I could..." series

  • ...
3
 8
 2,028

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Cupcakes like a boss)

After you have placed and criticized the last statue you walk back inside, the chairs, tables and bass systems have all been placed you watch as Twilight is finishing up the placing of the streamers, her horn glows bright purple and hundreds of streamers fly into the air and are each neatly placed around the room. You walk over to Rarity to wait for Twilight, you sit down next to Rarity and begin to rub your neck, note to self ask Celestia if she can make every door in Ponyville taller.

“Twilight has such good control for her magic especially for a unicorn her age”
Rarity’s comment makes you think about your question earlier you look towards Rarity “Ya how old is Twilight?”

The white unicorn looks to you to answer but is distracted by a loud crashing noise

You look to the noise and see that spike has dropped a statue and it has smashed into a broke pile of dust and stone.

“Spike now we have to clean the floor.” Rarity has a little whine to her voice

“Sorry Rarity… I’ll clean it up.”

Twilight levitates a broom to him “Spike will be at Sugarcube corner if you need us.”

Twilight walks towards the door and waits for you, you say good bye to Rarity and follow Twilight out the door.

After a few minutes you near the willy wonka style building, you lean down to ask Twilight what your need for, you make a point to say you can’t cook anything but burnt toast and over cooked pop tarts.

Twilight laughs “We're just going to try the food for the party.”

You nod your head

You enter sugarcube corner and are instantly greeted by the hyperactive Pinkie Pie “Hey how’s my favorite human? Well I guess you’re the only human but you're still the best you know? Oh wait until you try these new cupcakes Rainbow dash knows a recipe for the best rainbow cupcakes!”
You try to listen to her as she continues her rant but midway though you start to just nod your head to everything she says.

“Ok well Pinkie what do you need us to try?” Twilight saves your ears with the question.

Pinkie leaps into the air and back flips behind the counter, “You need to try this and this andthisandtheseandthisohandoneoftheseandfouroftheseandsevenofthese and oh wow when did I make these?”

Pinkie has set at least 10 plates of food items in front of you, there is pumpkin pie, apple pie, all flavors of cupcakes from chocolate to rainbow these also a vast variety of things you have never seen before.

Twilight looks over all the food “where is Applejack she is supposed to help you with the cooking right?”

“Applejack and Rainbow went to try and talk Fluttershy into coming to the party tonight, you know how she is she can’t get a date because she won’t ever say yes.”

“oooo Twilight who are you going with? Is it Lucky Clover or Noteworthy or Time Turner or Doctor Stables or are you staying home like last year?”

Pinkie looks to you “She stayed home last year you know… do you want a cherrychanga!”

Twilight flops her ears down and is kind of blushing “No pinkie i'm not staying home this year.”

Pinkie stops cramming food at you and looks bad to Twilight “That’s great! Who’s the lucky stallion?”

Twilight motions to you

Your mouth is full of the food Pinkie keeps pushing at you so you give stupid wave to Pinkie.

Pinkie smiles “That’s weird”

You squint your eyes at Pinkies comment, does she mean bad weird good weird or is she just being Pinkie?

“What do you mean it’s weird?” Twilight has a curious expression

Pinkie taps her hoof to her mouth “I don’t know it’s just nopony has ever went with a human but then again no pony had ever dated a human or met a human.”
Twilight looks to you for help on the question, but you just stare at her to busy trying to breathe through the cupcakes that are not stuck in your mouth.

Pinkie notices you're still chewing and gives you a glass of milk.

When you finally swallow you speak “Where going as…”

You’re cut off by Twilight “Where going as friends you know that way he can write the letter to the Princess about the party.” She gives a fake smile

“Wow look at the time I think I have to go and check on Rainbow Dash.”

“But you didn’t even try the pie?” Pinkie holds a pie in her hoof

“Well I’m going to make sure Rainbow knows to stop the snow clouds around town hall.” Twilight looks at you “You should finish up here and i'll meet you back at home.”

You nod, in all honesty you’re glad you don’t have go outside and watch Rainbow clear clouds; taste testing is more fun and warmer.

Twilight leaves the building and you’re left with Pinkie, you look back at her “Ok what else do I need to try?”

Pinkie taps her mouth “Oh I know, be right back”

Pinkie gallops to the back of the bakery; you hear the clashing of pots and pans and what sounds like a cow mooing. After a few minutes of the ruckus she emerges holding a plate of brownies. “These this is my special recipe try one!”

You study the brownie before eating it, its not that you don’t like brownies but the last time you ate a ‘special brownie’ you woke up naked in the middle of your campus, last time you trusted college friends cook too.

You start eating the brownie not bad “Hey Pinkie not bad what’s the special thing”

She smiles “I’ll never say”

(A few hours latter)

You don’t know how long you have been eating but you know you’re at maximum limit, “Okay Pinkie I think I should head out.”

“AWWWW” her ears droop down and she give you a sad puppy face

Good that’s cute, “Sorry Pinkie I need to find Twilight so I know when were leaving.”

Pinkie giggles “OH you need time alone like Matilda and Cranky Doodle.”

You have no idea who those ponies are, “Ya sure, bye Pinkie.”

You walk out of the bakery; just as the door closes you’re slammed into by somepony…

End of chapter 2