• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 3,559 Views, 100 Comments

A Changeling Named Sin: Acid's Rage - Art Inspired



The sequel of A Changeling Named Sin where Sin must fight many new foes in her quest.

  • ...
25
 100
 3,559

Part Eight: Princess Ignition

A Changeling Named Sin: Acid’s Rage

Princess Ignition


Sin and Wilderness were each brought out into the middle of not just a simple, little arena, but a stadium large enough to seat hundreds of changelings. All around her were thickly compressed walls of dirt, sand and mud. Up on top were the stands. They weren’t exactly filled, but they were, however, filling up rather quickly.

Since the two had arrived within the town, many citizens started showing, some couples, some entire groups of five or six. Sin was magically taken off of the sand Evolver’s back, same as Wilderness, and was almost tossed to the stinging hot, rough gravel. Everything around them was either that or made of sand save for a few blocks of wood or support beams.

Their restrictions were removed, that being their bonds of rope and cloth wrapping around their mouths to keep them from speaking. Sin gasped shortly, rubbing her eyes with the clean parts of her hooves, and looked around. Booing and hissing at them, everypony that took their seats seemed very angry. But why? What did Sin and Wilderness do to them?

She looked back at the weakly rising stallion a few steps away from her and ran over to help him. While she hoisted up his side, she heard him whisper, “I need… plants.”

“Enough!” a voice from in front of them shouted, silencing the audience and catching Sin’s attention. Above, to the left of the entrance was an open balcony, a throne in the middle. Along with peculiarly shaped flags rose a roof, and in the back was a crease sunlight could pass through. Finally, just when the sun dipped low enough to shine right through and partially daze Sin, this land’s king stood.

The tall, angry stare of the sand village’s ruler was enough to bring shivers into Sin's body immediately. He was much more built than Wilderness. His hooves were hardly visible anymore, much like his black coat. His entire being was coated in seemingly protective sand. His long, flowing mane complimented his beard, which slid right through the bulk of his chest. Finally, a crown to symbolize his rule. Sin watched as his lordship approached the edge. “He needs vegetation,” Sin said loudly.

He looked outward at the weak changeling being aided by Sin. “What’s his name?” he asked, his voice being the deepest Sin had ever heard.

“Wilderness,” Sin said, bringing the plant changeling to grunt as if she shouldn’t have said that.

“Then it’s true! My daughter was right…” He lowered down, and then shot into the air, dispersing himself into a billion pieces of sand and rock. As the clump landed, his body took form before Sin and Wilderness’s level of ground. Pointing his dark, holed hoof through the curtain of sand, he said, ”You killed my son, did you not?” He lowered it upon the stallion. “Wilderness?”

“What?” Sin asked, putting him down. “Hey, who was your son? Wilderness would never hurt another changeling unless he had no choice.”

A voice from up above said otherwise. “Oh, is that so, Sin?”

“Huh?” She looked up, and then gasped at who stood before them all.

Like a copy of the original, up on the balcony, Inferno stood, but it wasn’t him. The Inferno Sin saw was one out for blood. This one, upon that first eye contact she and Sin shared, Sin saw somepony completely different. Though her looks were about the same, she had a slightly longer mane. Her eyes even had the same type of tribal markings, though they were more pink. In fact, now that Sin had adjusted to the light, she could see more pink in her mane as well.

She jumped down and introduced herself while walking up to the three. “My name is Princess Ignition. I am the fire Evolver of this land, and this is my father.” Sin looked at the king, his stare sharp on her, too. “Though, my father, King Taupe can be a thick one at times…” The princess spoke slowly, calmly; as though all this had been thought out ahead of time. “Sin’s the one we want.” Ignition spoke louder. “Sin killed my brother!”

Everypony cheered while the accused backed away, glancing at Wilderness who still cringed on the ground. “That’s impossible…”

With a simple raise of her hoof, Ignition silenced the cheers once again. She looked at Sin with critical eyes, her lips forming a devious smile. “Why travel with Wilderness?” Sin kept looking at her sternly. “You mean he hasn’t told you?”

“Why should I believe anything you present?”

“Because,” Ignition said coldly. “You don’t think my brother’s intentions were random acts pf violence, do you?”

Sin shook her head. “No, I didn’t… I knew Wilderness had been holding something back, some sort of history he and Inferno had. I didn’t ask because it wasn’t my place.”

Ignition nodded. “When it’d seemed the two were out to deceive you, saying he was just… some henchmen of Acid's, and you bought it, I really thought you couldn’t think for yourself.” She chuckled. “Wanna know the story?”

Sin looked at Wilderness, at his disappointed, injured eyes glancing back at her. He wouldn’t have told Sin the story anyway. “Sure, but something for Wilderness to absorb first, please.”

While the king’s daughter began, he got Sin’s friend what he needed. “It was a long time ago, when we were children. Some colonies were split up after the battle with Acid, and some still had trouble. Notice how the sands and the jungle are right next to each other, Sin. It’s no coincidence.”

Sin looked over at Wilderness, and then back at the princess. “Understood…”

“My brother, the youngest of us fire changelings and I were born much like Wilderness and his siblings. The big difference is our youngest was a boy. His name was Flame, and Wilderness’s daughter was… Nature? Yes, that’s right. She was much more destructive, and I don’t know exactly how it happened, but Inferno was there. He said Nature killed our little brother. So, he killed her…”

Sin blinked. “S-she killed your little brother?”

“Actually, to be more precise,” Ignition said, “she killed something in my brother as well. He grew up here, but despite killing her, he still wanted them.”

Sin looked at Wilderness. “But, he got his sister! Isn’t that enough?”

“No,” the king said. “He was killed by a bystander, and if what my daughter says is true, then my son, Prince Inferno’s death is your fault.”

Ignition approached, muzzle to muzzle. “If that’s true,” Sin said. “... Then, aren’t I your aunt?”

The princess giggled, but shook her head. “I’ll explain later. You see, I was there when you killed him. He’d run away a few days prior to me finding him, but when I finally did, I found your horn digging into him.”

Sin shivered, remembering that moment. “You were there?”

“I was also there when you and Wilderness set up camp at that old house. I headed off, back home to warn the others. Being a princess has its advantages. For instance…” She whistled hard, and out from beneath them, the same two sand warriors showed up from earlier. As the princess pointed to the female on her right, she said, “This is Shift.” Then, pointing to the stallion on the left, she said, “Shuffle.”

Sin backed away even further. She looked up at the now full, anticipating audience, and shook her head. “I’m sorry, but I haven’t introduced myself. After all, if I’m responsible for everything here, surely I’m your sole target… So…” Sin looked right at Princess Ignition, and in the blink of an eye, they were transported miles upon miles into the desert. The audience stood as only Wilderness was left with his plants. The king, Shift and Shuffle, Sin and the princess were gone. They would arrive in a secret oasis, a location Sin captured from the princess's recent memory.