• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,798 Views, 18 Comments

A Star that burned out to quickly - nathanmcb



You are transported from Manhattan to Equestria. You are Taken by the guards to Canterlot castle.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,798

Chapter 1

The blurring cars infested the roads of Manhattan, as the people suffocated the sidewalk; horns from three blocks away could heard clear as day. You navigate your way through the unorganised mess of people to get back to your single-bedroom apartment; worn out from a hard days work for little pay, you were just content on getting home.

You finally get home, the sun was slowly fading out of the view of your window. You quickly wander into the bedroom and shut the oak door behind you, fall face first onto your bed and lay there; thinking of the terrible day you have just had.

You open your eyes and your are in a meadow. A simple meadow, revoked of life, you look around and try to get up. It is no good, some force is weighing you down. You look up to see a black hooded shadow that pierced your mind. It had the structure of a man, yet the presence of a demon; The beast grasped a long, curved scythe, too heavy for a mere mortal.

You try to get up and run, but from the intense presence of the demon; you yielded. The being raised its bony arm above your body. As the cloaked being brought the monstrous scythe down onto your head you woke up; shooting your eyes open as the sweat drenched your forehead. Your eyes shot around the bleak room, looking for that demonic creature.

Your expression goes from that of a shocked little girl, to a somewhat tired blank expression. Your mind is in a daze; you let out a huge sigh as you place the palm of your hand on your face, with your index, middle and ring finger above your nose and your pinkie below. You close your eyes and speak.

“The same dream again...” you sigh.

You take your pinkie and move it down your face ever so slightly; you run it very gently across your lips.Taking your hand off of your face you notice the red liquid on your pinkie which was collected from the rim of your mouth.

With a quick leap out of bed and a stretch of your arms, you stumble toward the window and place one hand onto the sheet of glass; the glass was cold to the touch, leaving an outline on the window; it slowly glimmered as the last light of the sun fell out of view. Looking down to the city below; heavy eyes glaring at the dirty alleyways. Arguing could be heard from the people who lived in, or wandered through the alleys. A snarl escaped your mouth as you peered down, sickened at the site that you witness every single night.

“This town. No, this World sickens me; I just want to escape it!” you said with a grunt.

With that, you withdraw your hand and wipe off the condensation, a look of distress plastered on your face from your inability to escape the clutches of this miserable world.



You feel your eyes getting heavy; your mind slowing down as you walk around your apartment. The ticks of your clock, which went unheard before due to the rush you were in, now echoing in your head. The main room beginning to darken with the setting sun



You drag your feet over to the bedroom door and grasp it with a tired hand. You lazily turn the knob and wander in, your curtains making the room darker than the rest of the apartment. The room is a mess; you never had company over so you didn’t see the point in cleaning for yourself. You flick the small switch beside the door and the ceiling light burst to life, casting a soft yellow glow in the room. The bed was a mess and most of the pillows weren’t even on the bed.

You lazily pull off your shirt and drop it on the floor. You shuffle around the piles of clothes and random crap on the floor. You eventually make it to the side of the bed; you sit and rest your head in your palms.



The digital clock on your end table casts a slight red glow over the room. You look over at the door and the light switch was still on; you sigh and throw a shirt that was lying on the ground at it. Surprisingly it catches the switch and turns off the light. You give a little chuckle at the chances.



You bring your legs up onto the bed and lie down. You look at the darkened ceiling with heavy eyes, the soft red glow of the clock making the features such as the ceiling light appear frightening.

You yawn once more and roll over onto your stomach; you close your heavy eyes and within seconds you’re asleep.

--------------------------------------~*~*~-----------------------------------

You wake up in a very bright meadow, not unlike the one from your recent nightmare. The bright light hurting your eyes; you raise one hand and shield your face. Slowly you rise to a sitting position, looking around as you rise.

The environment around you almost looks fake; all the trees look the same, and they are all bright pastel colors. The grass is all one shade of green, not a single blade is off colored. It is a strange world.

You place a hand on the ground and slowly bring yourself to your feet. You stretch your back and look around more. This place is confusing; it would make sense if this were a dream, but this all feels real.

The birds chirping and the bugs sing their songs, almost together. You take a few steps forward; the ground is solid under your feet so you began to walk. You walk through the meadows taking in all that you see. It is all the same as before, pastel colors and it is all uniform. Not a single leaf on the trees or blade of grass is a different color.

Eventually the grass turns to dirt, and the dirt leads into a path. The path is dark and had the imprint of horse hooves, but they didn’t seem to have horseshoes. You scratched your head and continued down the path. The path eventually evened out and became cobblestone.

You look down the cobblestone path and spotted a little village. As you began to walk on the lonesome road towards the village, many thoughts flooded your head. Where were you, what is happening, wheres Manhattan, I am going to be late for work, I hope I don’t get fired and so many more. It took awhile to reach the village, it was an odd place. The buildings were un-organised, the roofs were made of hay and the houses look medieval compared to Manhattan.

Confused at the strange architecture, you pan your vision to the left. A sign is being held up, it is old and a little crooked, it reads ‘Welcome to Ponyville’. Tilting your head at the even stranger name of the little town you decide to venture inside.



The town was desolate, there was no sound or movement. It was like a ghost town, apart from the sign and buildings. It gave you a strange feeling, almost as if you’re on a different planet. Looking around even more, you see heart shaped carvings in window hatches that were closed, and most likely locked. The feeling of being watched washed over you and in the distance you faintly hear murmurs. It was as if the whole town was afraid of you; it was like they thought you were a witch.

Peering through the heart shaped holes in the closed hatches of each house, you notice faint movement; you slowly start to walk towards the house which resembled so many others. Finally reaching the pink, wooden door, you decide to slam your palm against the door numerous times.

“Hello! please can you help me, I don’t know where I am could I please borrow your phone to call my boss, he’s probably wondering where I am” you plead.

Continuing to slam the door, a sound could be heard inside the house which sounded like angry whispering to each other. From being near it so much you knew that they were arguing.

The door slowly opens to reveal a small, purple horse-like creature with a horn. The mane was dark purple with two stripes, one a lighter purple and one a pink. You look at the small creature with a confused look, you look into the house, looking for some sign of people. You only see other small colored horse-like creatures. A smirk grows on your face.

“Let me guess; this town is run by multi colored horses?” You ask sarcastically

The purple creature looks at you with a big, gleaming smile.

“Ponies to be correct!” The purple pony blurted out.

The sudden response from the pony leaves you wide eyed and speechless. Your mind was struggling to process what just happened, your mouth was open as you tried to mutter the words that could explain it.

The purple pony’s smile dropped and turned into a confused expression; the pony took a few steps towards you; you take a few steps back. Eventually your foot gets caught on a rock and you fell onto your backside. The pony saw what happened and runs to help you.

“Stay back!!” you shout, thrusting your foot into the pony’s chest, knocking her backwards to the door.

You are not thinking whatsoever; before you could make another move something very powerful slammed into the back of your head. Falling back onto the ground, your eyes gaze upon the orange pony that hit you. You fell unconscious soon after.