• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 1,784 Views, 35 Comments

I am Everypony - Diamond Sparkle



After Diamond Tiara loses her parents and money she turns to the Changelings for help

  • ...
6
 35
 1,784

Taken For Granite

When Gold Bar reached the Canterlot Sculpture Garden, he found Princess Celestia waiting for him clad in her royal finery and wearing a new crown he had never seen before, a crown with five large jewels set in it. And she looked anything but happy. In fact he had never before seen such anger in her eyes. "Guards, you are dissmissed back to your normal policing duties thank you for bringing him in." Once they were gone, she asked him "You have prospered under my rule, have you not? Are you not of noble birth, a pony who has never in his life been short of bits?"

Gold Bar bowed before his immortal monarch. Why is she so angry with me? What have I done to anger her? She's more then my princess, she's my immortal Goddess. "Yes, your Majesty, I have...." She cut him off. "Then why did you go to one of Manehatten's main squares and let off a stream of the most blasphemous treason that has been heard in Equestria in centuries? A democratic republic? What Discordent nonsense is that? Without me and my sister, this country would sink into chaos soon enough. I could understand if you were a poor pony, reduced to begging and eating grass in the public parks when the guards were not looking just to survive, that you might have a grudge against me, But you have no excuse at all for your treason." The jewels in her crown were glowing brightly now.

"Look around you, what do you see?"

"Statues, your Majesty."

"Each of these statues is in fact a petrified pony, a fully aware petrified pony, able to see, hear, feel, think, but nothing else. They bake beneath the sun in summer and they freeze beneath the snow in wintertime, and maybe some of them have itches they cannot scratch, but their real punishment is the boredom of being stuck totally still whilst life goes on all around them. Many of them have been that way for centuries. And for what you did today, you are now going to join their ranks."

Gold Bar heard a creaking and cracking sond and looked behind him to find to his horror that his tail and his back legs were allready grey stone. Unable to turn and run, his horn glowed brightly as he tried to reverse the spell, but his magic was no match for the Princess and the Elements of Harmony that she now wore in her crown. Slowly the stone crept up and over his belly and back and then his front legs so he could no longer kick out. He started to beg for mercy. "It was not me, wait, it must have been" The stone closed over his mouth, shutting off his speech, and lastly over his horn that ceased to glow.

Unknown to him he was being watched from behind a statue by a changeling. Diamond Tiara grinned. What he will suffer is a lot more then my parents did; no afterlife of any kind for him, just being stuck in one place for all eternity. One down, two more to go.

Princess Celestia sensed that she was being watched.She had not survived for a thousand years or more in power by being oblivious to her surroundings. Whilst almost everypony loved and worshipped her dearly, she was aware that there were those out there in Equestria and abroad who did not wish her well. "Who's there? Come out, whoever you are. If I have to look for you, it's going to get ugly."

Damm, if I'm not careful I could end up encased in stone too. Diamond Tiara thought hard and took on a new shape, and it was Princess Luna who stepped into view. Celestia smiled when she saw her sister. "Luna, you scared me. This pony here, I turned him into stone because he publicly went on an antiroyalist rant, with no reason that could possibly justify it."

"You...you would not turn me into stone would you? You do love me, don't you?"

"Of course I'd never do that to you. You're my sister, of course I love you. " Celestia hugged the disguised Diamond Tiara, and Diamond took the chance to siphon off some of her royal love. And it tasted so sweet, as sweet as sugar without any of sugar's bad effects on teeth. What's more, even gathering it carefully Diamond was able to take far more then her own needs. I can't stay long in this shape for very long though, puffing oneself up to alicorn size is very hard to do. Mr Opaque didn't warn me about that for nothing. If Celestia finds out about me, I'll be turned to stone for the rest of time. Also, the Hive needs me and all that stored-up love I now have inside me. My first duty must allways be to the Hive.

"I need to go now, sister." As soon as she was out of sight and could change shape without being caught, Diamond turned into an average pegasus and flew over to the Evergreen Forest. Hiding in a cloud and using it for camoflauge, she moved it into the sky above the Evergreen Forest and from there flew to the Badlands and the Changeling Hive within it. My true home now, wherever I might end up. Taking her changeling shape, the guards let her in without trouble and she flew to the guarded love store at the Hive's Centre and as she had been taught in Changeling School, added her love to the well. She was expecting that she had perhaps a pint of love with her, but clearly even a small amount of alicorn love counted for so much more. Pint after pint of love was added to the half empty well until it was almost filled to the brim, whilst the guards looked on in amazement that one Changeling could bring so much love.

One of them was so amazed that he asked Diamond to wait and went to see the Queen, bowing low before her as protocol demanded. "Your Majesty, the new Changeling, Diamond Tiara, is back, and she's brought a lot more then the normal amount of love with her. Enough to fill the well, which was half empty before, almost to the brim."

The Queen stared at him and hurried to the scene. "It's true, how could you bring back so much love to the Hive with one trip?"

"It's the love of Princess Celestia for her sister, I impersonated Princess Luna and managed to maintain the disguise for long enough not to be caught. That is, a minute or too, any longer and I would have had to reveal myself. One of the murderers who killed my parents is no more; he is frozen in stone, trapped in a living hell."