• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 2,688 Views, 23 Comments

Maybe I could start to understand - Fat1thatyoulove



The continuation of "maybe I could start to" and "maybe I could".

  • ...
5
 23
 2,688

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Not face value)

You finally come to after what feels like hours. Your mind is rushed with the events of what caused you to faint in the first place; you frantically rub your neck for bites. Your mind is a little calmed when you feel no holes. You start thinking to yourself ok I’m fine no holes no blood and no sudden hate for garlic or sunlight and I don't think i'll sparkle in the sunlight either besides if Twilight was a… your mind goes dull at the thought of what Twilight might be you quickly push the thought of her out of your mind and focus on getting out of wherever you are. You can see that the ‘wall’ is back up you again go and touch the wall this time more cautiously as to not alert anyone on the other side.

You pace back and forth the wall look around trying to find something to jump on or use to get out you figure you have played enough assassin creed and watched enough ninja warrior to know how to get out of a room; after a few moments of searching you see a hole at the top of your prison, bingo; But you realize its way to high up to jump or climb out.

So seeing as how getting out like a ninja is no longer an option you decide to start slamming your self into the wall. You keep trying this until your arm is bright red and pulsating. You feel as you are going to go mad and you're on the verge of screaming right as you hear an all too familiar voice… that sweet feminine voice you know all too well.

“You can’t break magic with brute force.”

You look to where the voice resonates from and you see Twilight in the dark corner of the room, your first thought is to run over and hug her not because you’re happy to see her but because now you have someone to keep you from going mad. Just before you act on this your mind rushes you with the memory of what she did, your body tenses up and you don’t move at all.

You call out in a low voice “Twilight…what are you?”

She looks at you with her big purple eyes “Listen I know this may come as a shock to you but that Twilight was not me...she’s a changeling.”

You’re unsure of how to react to his because it’s only the second time you have ever heard of a changeling.

“That Twilight was a decoy to bring you here.”

You’re still hesitant to believe her so your words are short “Ok…why have I been brought here?”

She looks at the ground “That’s my fault.” Her tone is a little shaky and fast paced as she continues “I always write to the Princess it’s what I have been tasked to do; I have to report my findings on the power of friendship. Well how could I pass up what I experienced on your world… so I wrote down everything that happened. Usually I have Spike send the Princess my reports but this one was much more than a piece of paper.” She looks up at you “What happened on your world is unique there is a huge difference between our worlds, so I decided to present my findings in person; but the day I set out to Canterlot Queen Chrysalis...she somehow found out about where I have been and she wanted to see the new world, when I refused to tell her anything she fillynapped me.”

Your mind takes a few minutes to put the story together but as you finally understand you have only one more question. “There’s one thing I still don’t understand, why would Chrysalis use a changeling to pose as you if she had you and if that wasn't you why does it know everything that happened?”

She smiles happily, guess she still likes being smarter than you. “That’s easy she used the changeling to pose as me so she could get my report without having to go and find it herself and Changelings take on the memories of the pony there posting as by sucking memories from others that know the pony they are posting as.”

Her happy smile is replaced by a questioning look as she continues “I just don’t know what in Equestria she needed to have you for.”

You joke at her “You saying I’m not something special?”

She laughs a bit at your stupid comment.

“Hey Twilight don’t suppose you could get us out of here huh?”

Her ears fall to the sides of her head “I can’t my magic has faded being here so long.”

You’re surprised at her comment especially seeing as how you have seen first hand how powerful her magic is. “how?”


She thumps her hoof against her mouth and says in a sarcastic voice “well as you know my magic comes from love and tolerance and as you can see there’s none here.” She motions to the dull room you both are in.

“Well how do you usually get those feelings?”

Her face brightens up “We sing.”

You laugh at her comment until you realize she’s not kidding.

“Is there another way I don’t think my singing would help.”

She again taps her hoof to her face “ hmm we could try playing a game or braid each others hair… well you don’t really have that much hair um how about a pillow fight? Oh but we only got rocks. Ugh I have so much knowledge on ponies but I just can’t think of anything that could generate magic on a scale that we would need….Oh I know we could hoof paint.

You listen as she continues her list half of the things she says make no sense you’re starting to think she’s been here for way too long. You think back to what got her home and say well anything is worth a shot. You quickly lean in and kiss her it's kind of hard seeing as how you can’t really get a good kiss with her trying to continue her list of nonsense. As you break the kiss you realize she’s stop talking and her eyes are closed. Her eyes have changed from their soft purple to a bright white and now her horn glows bright purple.

* End of chapter 2