• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 2,688 Views, 23 Comments

Maybe I could start to understand - Fat1thatyoulove



The continuation of "maybe I could start to" and "maybe I could".

  • ...
5
 23
 2,688

Chapter 1

Maybe I could...

Maybe I could start to...



Chapter 1 (Fools truth)


Twilight stares at the ground where you once laid the remnants of the black mist that have carried you away have all but faded from sight.

“Twilight…not all hope is lost with love and tolerance anything can happen.” Celestia’s voice is calm and sweet.

Twilight’s light sobbing can still be heard as Celestia continues to speak.

“Twilight stay strong.”

Twilights gentle sobs begin to turn in to sort of laugh

“Dear Princess Celestia today I learned that not everything can be helped by just simple words.” Twilight’s voice is now in a full blown mocking fashion “I also learned how weak our Princess is.”

Celestia is stunned by the way here star student is acting and is speechless.

Twilight turns to face the Princess “Your reign is close to over Celestia.”

Celestia continues to look at here student to socked to speak.

“Oh that’s right Princess you don’t know.” Twilight smirks and the same shadowy mist that engulfed you beings to form around her. Her purple eyes start to change blue, her hooves begins to root and wings spring from her back her once lavender colored coat now is as black as night.

“You’re a changeling!” The Princess cry sends the guards that have been in the room just as stunned as Celestia into a defensive stance.

The changeling hovers in the air for a few moments “Princess some many things have been set in motion, the capture of me will yelled no benefit.” The changeling laughs.

“Maybe I can’t stop what has been set in motion, but you have so foolishly reveled your identity in a room full of royal guards.” Celestia quickly yells to her guards, “Guards DETAIN THAT CHANGELING SHE MIGHT KNOW WHERE TWILIGHT IS!”

The changeling darts out of the great hall and into the halls of the castle, guards leap for the changeling but miss it by inches. By now the castle is on full alert and the royal guards have started closing off each exit; one by one the windows and doors begin to form magic shields around them. The changeling frantically darts in and out of hallways and hitting doors and windows trying to find a way out. As all hope for escape seems to be a reality the changeling notices from looking out the window that the main gate is still unshielded. The changeling again darts down hallways basing in to everything in its frantic fly path.

The main gate opening comes in sight for the changeling; guards are too far behind to stop the changeling. “HA even with the entire royal guard can’t stop me.” The exit seems to be inches away. But a sudden bolt of gold light stops the rush for freedom Celestia now has the changeling pinned beneath her.

Celestia bends her head down as the cowardly bug makes its plea “ha ha come on Princess I’ll be your Twilight what do you say?”

Celestia stares hard at the blue lifeless eyes of her captive “I am only going to ask once nicely… where is Twilight.”

(Meanwhile somewhere in Equestria)

The darkness that consumes you some time ago has started to dissolve around you; as your eye sight comes into view you can see that you're in a large Gothic looking room, there’s a dark shade around you and there is a green glow to the room but you can’t really tell because the still fading darkness makes it hard to see completely.

You're still on the ground its cold and made of stone, you stand up slow and examine the shady wall in front of you; you place your hand on it, its cold and the wall seems to be solid but strangely see through. You mind tries to understand the room that you seem to be trapped in and the only thing you can relate it to be a prison in Skyrim or Oblivion. Again you say to yourself yep video games have ruined my life.

You push against the shady wall trying to open a magic door, because you decide if there’s talking ponies that look like bugs there obviously must be magic door in shady walls, no use of course.

An all too familiar laugh comes from the other side of the wall, “Poor human are you trying to escape?”

Queen Chrysalis comes into view from behind the wall her voice is a little muffled but you try to listen.

“It’s nice to see you up I feared that simple teleportation spell proved too much to handle.”

You think to yourself simple teleportation spell? Ya bullshit no simple anything should hurt. You remain silent mainly for two reasons one you figure she is about to go in to some villain speech that might explain why she wanted you, (like they do in any movie you have ever seen) and two her snake like flicking of her tough as she talks is down right creepy and you’re a little frozen with fear of her getting ready to eat you.

Her laughing continues as she talks “Oh human you have no idea how happy I am to see you made it.” She looks to you for a response but your blank stare back encourages her continue. “You see human the power from you and your world is some off the most powerful I have ever felt, in the past we changelings feed on love and tolerance but ever since Twilight came back from the human world there has been a change in our magic.”

She gets closer to the wall that separates you “We have never felt that kind of anger before.” Her mouth starts to water and her eyes begin to glow a dark green. “With you here human we can open a portal to your world.”

The wall that separates you two drops. You back up thinking to yourself ok now I’m sure this is how I die.

Chrysalis calls out “Oh Twilight could you come in here for a moment.”

Your mind is struck blank at what she says.

At the end of the room you see her… the lavender colored pony you know or you thought you knew. She walks towards Chrysalis hovers the book closer to her.

You can’t make out the title to well but you think it says Star Swirl the something.

Chrysalis smiles as the book hovers over to her, you continue to stare at Twilight as Chrysalis’s horn begins to glow.

You raise your hand and reach for Twilight's head to try and pet her, as you reach to her she begins to smirk devilishly and you see fangs protrude from her lips.

Your mind now races with thoughts as you snap your hand back, vampire!

The mind ranting is cut short as Chrysalis horn lets out a green mist… you feel weak and begin falling to the ground as you struggle to stay awake your eyesight fades and you can only hear Chrysalis laughing. You can see them getting closer over you as your sight fades in and out until you completely black out.

End of chapter 1