• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 2,152 Views, 36 Comments

The Incident - gplane1749



Matt a human gets transported to Equtria after an accident.

  • ...
4
 36
 2,152

Chapter 7: Forgotten Magic

The Incident

Forgotten Magic

"Princess!" Twilight cried, "what just happened?" How was he able to undo your magic? I thought he said that his kind did not even posses knowledge of magic like we do!"

"Calm down my little Twilight; we must think this through," Princess Celestia gently admonished. "I recognized the type of magic he used; it was extremely similar to the kind that Discord employs, but it seemed more controlled somehow." The princess calmly approached the now-sleeping form of the human, and studied him very closely. "How strange a creature that said he had no affinity for magic was able to undo some of my own," she mumbled to herself.

"Twilight we will let him rest, but wen he wakes I want to hear his explanation." With that the princess strode out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt slowly opened his eyes wincing as he did so. He felt like someone had taken jackhammer to his brain and a steamroller to everything else. He tried to sit up in his bed but the pain was to great for him and he flopped back down. He stayed like that for a while just breathing and trying to remember the plate number of the bus that had hut him. His eyes flew open when he realized what ad caused the pain he was feeling now. Oh no! Oh no! I was so dead now! I had a chance to live in this world with the grace of its leader but now I've gone and blew it. Oh God! I yelled at the princess! I am going to get punished for sure! Matt slowed his breathing and tried to regain a grip on the situation at hand. I am sure that the princess will be understanding. I mean I really was just caught off guard. It's not really my fault that I turned back into a human. Wait how did I do that?

As Matt ponder this the small door to the room creaked open and Twilight quietly crept in trying not to wake Matt. However since Matt was not in fact asleep he did hear the purple unicorn.

"Oh uh... hey Twilight." Matt managed to nervously croak out. Twilight only jumped a little bit when Matt addressed her and quickly regained her composure.

"Matt it so good to see that your awake," Seeing the extremely nervous look on Matt's face Twilight help up a reassuring hoof "Matt we are not angry with how you acted the other day. Me and the princess are just very surprised. We thought that your kind did not have any magical ability."

"Neither did we," Matt sheepishly replied. "I am just as surprised as you are I just don't know what came over me. I was just so tired and stressed and just angry. Not with the princess but with my whole situation. It felt like a switch flipped on inside of me. I wanted to change back into a human, so I guess I did." Matt cautiously looked at Twilight's face hoping to see a look of understanding. What he saw was not anger but curiosity, like she wanted to take him apart and see how he ticked. As she continued to stare Matt became increasingly uncomfortable.

"Um... Twilight do you uh... know what happened to me yesterday?" He asked hoping that he wasn't reminding her of why he should be locked up or worse.

"The princess thinks she knows what happened," Twilight replied "but you may not like her explanation."

"Why not?"

"I'll let her explain from here." With that Twilight knocked once on the door to signal to Princess Celestia that it was alright for her to enter the human's room.

The princess looked down at Matt with what could almost be called a regretful expression, like she did not want to be the bearer of bad news. Matt was not reassured at all by this troubling expression. The princess looked at for a while longer then spoke.

"I am deeply regretful for what happened two days ago. I am sorry that there was a lack of communication between us that allowed such a large difference between what you thought citizenship meant and what I was giving you." The princess cast her eyes downward and paused to take a shuddering breath. "I hope that you are willing to accept this apology."

"I should be the one apologizing to you princess! I lost control of my emotions and let my temper get the better of me. I am incredibly sorry and man no disrespect. I was just in such a state of shock I overacted" Matt hastily explained.

"Do you know what kind of magic you used to transform yourself back into your original form?" The princess inquired.

"No, I am afraid I do not know how that happened. I have never done anything close to that in my entire life!" Matt remembered what Twilight has said earlier about the princess having an explanation "Wait, I thought you knew what kind of magic it was?"

"You are half correct; I think I know what kind of magic was used. I believe it to be a very close relative to chaos magic. I seems as though your extreme emotional state cause the magic inside of you to unlock and burst forth. Much like what happened to little Twilight here with the Sonic Rainboom on her examination day."

"Will I be able to control this magic?" Matt asked worried what it might entail if he could not control it.

"You should be able too with sufficient training but it will be awhile before you can do any magic again. I can tell you are suffering a very bad case of summoner's fatigue." The princess turned to the door and motioned for Twilight to follow "I better let you get some rest Matt. We will check back in a while for now just sleep."

Matt sank back down and stopped struggling against his fatigue and slept.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the super long wait. Life got in they way for a while there.