• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 2,152 Views, 36 Comments

The Incident - gplane1749



Matt a human gets transported to Equtria after an accident.

  • ...
4
 36
 2,152

Chapter 5: Questions

The Incident
Chapter 5: Questions

Later that day Matt was still lying in his bed at Fluttershy’s house. Matt was tired of the feeling of lethargy he was getting. “I am tired of feeling like an invalid. I am going to get up and walk to the door and back.”

Matt sat up higher in the bed and swung his legs over the side. Even this small action left hm feeling drained. “Wow twilight was not kidding when she said the magic poisoning would leave me weak. I have to do this though, I just got to take it slowly.”

.Matt pushed off the mattress with his hands and very slowly put his weight onto his legs for the first time in a few days. Matt was able to stand, although very shakily. This emboldened him and he took a step towards the door. Matt’s feet betrayed him however and he fell. Matt reached out for the nightstand and his hand brushed against it but could not find purchase. He tumbled down and tried to brace himself with his arm but it was much too weak and gave way easily. Matt landed on his stomach with his left arm pinned under him.

Matt rolled over onto his back and groaned. The fall was not extremely serous but it still hurt where he had landed on his arm. It did not feel like it would be hurt badly, only sore for a while. Matt sat up on the hardwood floor of his bedroom and contemplated the gargantuan task of climbing back into his bed. Being built for ponies the bed was closer to the ground that most human beds but it was still a good two feet above the floor. Matt decided that the best course of action would be to just pull himself back up stand slowly, and flop onto the bed.
Just as mat was grabbing the sheets, the door to his room opened. “Matt are you okay I heard a loud crash and… Oh, my are you ok? Did you fall out of bed? Or did you try to stand and walk?” Fluttershy asked him.

“I am fine. It was only a fall; I have certainly been through worse.” Matt said with a slight chuckle. “This is kind of embarrassing but could you help me back into bed I really do not want to fall again.”

“Of course I will help you Matt.” Fluttershy walked over and let Matt put his weight on her to support himself. Once he was safely back in the bed Fluttershy asked Matt a question. “Why did you try to walk? Twilight said that it would be another day before you could.”

“I was tired of feeling so helpless. I wanted to know that I was not just a lump being a burden to you and Twilight. I felt like that if I could walk then I could start to take care of myself.”

“I see. I understand that you do not want to cause us trouble but trust me you are not causing us any. We know it must be hard for you and both of us are here to help in any way we can.” Fluttershy told Matt.

“Fluttershy why did you let me sleep in this room? You could have put me with the animals but instead you gave me a guest bedroom. How did you know I was sentient? Twilight had a translation spell on me when I first woke up. How did she know I spoke?”

“When you came through he saw you clothes and thought that an animal would not be wearing any. I thought you could be because our friend Rarity dresses up her pet cat. What really convinced us is the case that you had in your hand.”

“My briefcase survived! Bring it here please Fluttershy.” Matt exclaimed.

“Okay hang on, I will go grab it from downstairs real quick.” Fluttershy said as she started walking down the stairs to the first floor. A few moments later, she came back up carrying the case with the handle between her teeth. “Here you go Matt.”

“Thank you so much” Matt told Fluttershy. Matt looked at his case it was pretty badly damaged. The outer covering was torn in a few places and the top left corner was crumpled in from the force of the impact. It did not look like the damage was impossible to repair. Matt took a deep breath and slowly pried the two clasped on top of the case open. The case contained a stack of papers a small paperback fiction novel and a nexus 7 tablet. The tablet was only had a small crack in the screen, it was protected by the briefcase and the padded case that Matt always kept it in. There was also a bottle of Mello Yello in the case.

“What is all the stuff Matt?” Fluttershy inquired at the contents of the case.

“The papers are for my job. They are things I needed to get done, notes, and customer requests. The book is just a novel liked to read during my lunch hour. The stuff in the bottle is a drink but I think it has gone flat. It has been a few days since it was opened. This” Matt said pointing to the tablet. “is a um… uh a device that that lets me read a lots of books without carrying them around. I will explain more later.”

“We did not open it but Twilight scanned it to make sure it was safe. I am glad that everything is okay. Oh I almost forgot, we found this in your coat pocket.” Fluttershy pulled out a black wallet and gave it to Matt. “What is it?’ She asked the human.

“It is my wallet I use it to carry money. I also have pictures in here. Come look.” Fluttershy walked over to the side of the bed so that she could see the wallet better.

“This is me when I was eighteen” Matt said pointing at a picture of his license. “Here are my parents.” The picture was of a man and a women smiling with a newborn on the women’s lap. “The picture was taken when I was born.”

“They look really nice.”

“They were. My clothes and case explain why you knew I was not an animal but how did you know I needed a translation spell?” Matt said wanting to change the subject from his parents.

“Oh you talk in your sleep.” Fluttershy said with a slight giggle.

“I do? Huh, I never realized. Guess you learn something about yourself everyday.” Matt said with a shrug.

A loud knocking was heard at the door to the small cottage. Fluttershy excused herself and went to answer the door. She came back up the stairs with Twilight Sparkle following her.

“Hello Matt how are you feeling today?” Twilight asked as she walked in the door.

“Just fine thank you. What brings you here Twilight?”

“Oh I just wanted to tell you that the Princess is coming tomorrow.” Twilight cheerily said

Author's Note:

Woo longest chapter yet. Fedd back is welcome.