• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 681 Views, 24 Comments

Revelations of Past and Present - Tsunami Rain



Follow Sunny Eclipse on her quest to find herself as her memories are recovered through her dreams.

  • ...
 24
 681

Intro/Meeting Applejack

Revelations of Past and Present

Part 1
Intro/ Meeting Applejack

On the last sunny day before the pegasi started preparing the weather for winter, all of your favorite ponies were busy enjoying their last day of autumn sunlight for the year. While everypony was busy enjoying the Sun and going about their daily routines, none of them took notice of the new pony slowly shuffling into town square, wondering if she had finally found the place where she belonged. Sunny Eclipse is a very small pony, most of the others often mistake her for a filly, until they get to know her, but so far that has only happened once. Sunny doesn't much enjoy company, at least not yet.

Sunny was lost in thought, wandering slowly towards a restaurant, when she suddenly found herself on her haunches, in the dirt. "Oh sorry 'bout that, Sugarcube! Ah couldn't quite see where Ah was goin'," a strong country accent said from the other side of a toppled barrel of apples. Sunny peeked around to see who she had just run into, "Oh no, it was my fault entirely. I should've been paying attention, here let me help you with that." She started to help pick up the apples and put them back into the barrel. "Ah don' reckon Ah've seen y'all 'round Ponyville b'fore. Are you new 'round here?" Sunny looked intrigued at the mention of the town's name, "Ponyville? Is that what this place is called? I think I've heard of it... My name is Sunny Eclipse, and, yes, I'm new here."

Sunny studied the earth pony carefully, taking in every detail. The pony with whom Sunny had collided was a rustic orange color, with a blonde mane and tail and a brown stetson hat perched upon her head. Her Cutie Mark was three apples in a triangle formation. Upon noticing that she was staring, Sunny looked down at the dirt, trying to avoid eye contact, being the shy pony she is. "Well then, Ah'd say it's mighty nice t'meet ya! Mah name's Applejack!" came the friendly reply as Applejack moved to help Sunny up off the ground, looking a little confused at Sunny's apparent lack of knowledge of her surroundings. "Now don't you go around lookin' like that li'l missy, it ain't your fault Ah couldn't see where Ah was goin'! Y'all just cheer right on up now."

Sensing something, Sunny looked Applejack in the eye, trying to decide whether or not she was genuinely different from the other ponies she met, or just the same. Applejack noticed Sunny's hesitation, and as Sunny studied her, she returned the look, taking in all her details. Sunny's coat was strawberry red, and her mane and tail were white with a thick, pink streak running down the middle of each. She had deep midnight blue eyes, eyes that have seen the world, but haven't seen what's in it. And her Cutie Mark, it was peculiar to Applejack, her name was Sunny, yet her Cutie Mark was a Crescent Moon, surrounded by three Stars. What was more interesting was the series of intricate, almost tribal, tattoos that were based around her Cutie Mark, and spread all over her body. Coming to the conclusion that Applejack was sincere, Sunny gave Applejack a little smile.

"Why don'tcha come on 'round to mah house and Ah c'n cook ya up somethin' nice? We c'n talk a little, and Ah can answer some questions fer ya. Plus, Ah like t' get t' know everypony that comes through town, whether they plan on stayin' or not." Sunny perked up at the idea of a home cooked meal, her stomach giving a loud growl, How long has it been since I last ate? Applejack chuckled, "Well, judgin' by th' sound o'yer stomach, Ah'd say that's a yes, come along now!"

*** *** *** *** ***

"...And I was thinking about how this place felt different than anywhere else I've been, and was hoping I could maybe settle down here, when we ran into each other." Sunny finished her story and took the last bite of apple fritter, she had never had anything like the food Applejack had just made for her, "That was delicious! Maybe we can do this again sometime?" Applejack looked happy at the response, proud of her apples, "O'course Sugarcube! That was quite th' story y'all had there, and ya don' know anythin' about how ya woke up at th' ol' castle? Or anythin' b'fore that?" Sunny shook her head in response, "Huh, tha's just a li'l odd don'tcha think?"

They sat for a minute in silent thought, "Well, I feel like my memories are somehow linked to this," Sunny pointed out her necklace, a sterling silver circlet inlaid with a gemstone not unlike her eyes. "But other than that, I don't really know what to think... I just know that I'm missing something important." Applejack smiled reassuringly, "Well, Ah'm sure that if it's important, ya'll figure it out one way or another." She got up and took care of the dishes, leaving Sunny to her thoughts.

Sunny really liked Applejack, and she enjoyed being able to tell somepony about her jumbled story, even if she still hadn't revealed her dreams. Things were looking good in Ponyville, it just might be the place Sunny has been looking for. Applejack had been looking out the window, watching the sunset, when she turned back to her guest, "Y'all don't 'ave a place t' stay th' night, do ya Sunny?" Sunny just looked slightly saddened at remembering she didn't, in fact, have anywhere to stay the night, and gave a small shake of her head. "Well there's a nice room in the loft out in th' barn if yer wantin' ta stay here ‘til you c'n get yourself a house, Ah c'n show ya if ya want." Sunny smiled and nodded fervently, "That would be great! Is there anything I can do for you in return?" Applejack just laughed and started walking to the door, "Come along, we c'n talk 'bout that in th' mornin', Ah might jus' need some help with some last minute cleanin' b'fore the snow comes in."

As Sunny followed Applejack up the stairs into the barn loft, she took in the surroundings. The loft was cozy, it opened up to a small living space as she exited the stairway, and three doors branched off of this area. Sunny wasn't quite sure where they would lead, but Applejack quickly amended that, "Th' door on the left is th' bedroom, it should be ready fer y'all to settle in. The middle'un leads to th' attic, don't go up there though, it's a might dangerous. An' that last door leads to a bathroom, it's easier t' get water piped there on account o' the barn bein' connected to th' house on that side." Tour over, Applejack started to turn around, "Now y'all just get yerself settled in, an' we'll talk in th' mornin' alright? G'night Sunny!"

Sunny had put her saddlebag on the small table next to the bedroom door, and was unpacking her very small collection of things. She stopped and looked at Applejack as she was leaving, "Good night Applejack, see you in the morning." Sunny turned back to unpacking her bag, she sifted through until she found a little velvet bag, no bigger than an acorn. She peeked inside the bag, and sighed with relief, her two baby blue earrings were still inside. Some days earlier, she had been running though the Everfree forest, and a branch had snagged her ear, cutting a large gash out and taking her earrings with it. She had snatched up the earrings, and put them in the small bag for safekeeping. She didn't know why they mattered so much to her, but they carried a blurry memory of a midnight blue pony, watching over her, as she drifted slowly to unconsciousness.

Having confirmed she still had her earrings, she put them back in the saddlebag, along with the various flowers and plants she had collected, either for food, or medical purposes. Sunny made her way into the bedroom, it too was cozy, but fitting for one pony. The small room was filled mostly by a single four-poster bed in the back corner. There was also a small dresser, which extended into a writing desk on the right side. Sunny slipped into the bed and slowly thought herself to sleep, hoping that she had made a genuine friend today, but still holding caution close.

*** *** *** *** ***

[Author’s Note]

Hello! Now, as fun as going by aliases and nicknames can be, you can just call me Jacob, or GeneralTsunami, if you really want to... Anyway, this is a story that I have put about 16 hours into total, over the space of two or three weeks. I have about 20,000 words written on it, but it’s all pretty much a giant blob right now... so I will prepare each chapter to be released on a Wednesday (hopefully weekly, but I won’t make any official promises...) and I will make sure that it isn't too hard to read. Please give constructive criticism, and point out any errors you might find (except the Applejack talking, that’s all intentional) and I will fix them.

Plus, if you have any ideas for the story let me know, but remember, I already have a fairly large portion of the story written (though you shouldn't let that stop you). I don’t think I have reached the halfway point yet, but I could be wrong... I promise future A/N’s won’t be this long (Unless otherwise mentioned).