• Published 24th Nov 2012
  • 1,733 Views, 14 Comments

Castlevania: Harmony of the Night - Velvet-Fresh



Luna must venture into Everfree and back to her old home to defeat the dark being that took over.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,733

Prologue: Ponyville under siege

Stage 0 - Ponyville Under Siege


The moon shone brightly high above it's dark skies, surrounded by twinkling stars and the quiet peacefulness, but not all is peaceful down below, as yellow flashes and screams echo through the night. As we look closely it's a small village town, on fire. The blazing inferno had consumed the houses, the denizens of this once peaceful village are scattering, screaming in panic from their burning homes. As we look closer, we can see they feared something else besides the fire. Monsters of the night, the undead has risen to give chase to the frighten villagers. They run and hide in any place they think is safe, but nowhere is. Their beloved town, Ponyville is under siege, their heroes the six special mares no where to be found. All hope seems lost.

But as the animated skeletons are about to strike down the living, they were halted in their advance as the wind gave a strong gush as from the distance a chariot pulled by, it's passenger jumped off and landed in between the villagers and the skeletons. The pony's hooves cracked the stone road where she stood but she didn't seem to care neither did the creatures as one lunge towards her with a growl aiming to bite her. In one fluid and swift motion, she turns to face the skeleton and slashed at it with her weapon, her sword gleaming in the moonlight as it hits it's target. The skeleton broke to pieces as the blade went through it. The pieces soon burst into flames, the pony stood firm holding her weapon in hoof, her hooded cloak swaying with the wind as she face the group of creatures. In a commanding voice she told the villagers "Run for the city hall, ye be safe there!" They didn't hesitate to comply and ran. She turn to her foes, pulling her hood back, showing her face. She has short light blue mane and a darker blue hue fur, behind her sharp medium length horn sits a small black tiara. She is the co princess of Equestria.. the princess of the Night.. Luna. She stared down at her enemies "You dare mock our night with thine presence evil creatures?" she asked, knowing they will only reply in growls, she looked around "By my mother's name.. sister was right, this had gone too far. I have a message for thine dark master.We will send you all back to Tartarus!" she dashed forward ready to strike.

-hours earlier-

Princess Luna strolled down the dark hallways of Canterlot palace, having risen the moon mere minutes ago now she must join her sister for dinner. Upon entering the great dining hall, she can immediately see and feel something is amiss with her sister. Princess Celestia sat at the furthest end can only sit and look out the window with worry in her eyes. Worried she trot up to her "Is something wrong sister Tia?" she asked sitting next to her.

"It's nothing Luna. Just thinking." the sun princess replied.

"It's clearly something sister, is it about those rumors we hear going about?" she asked, levitating her cup to take a small sip from it.

"I can never hide anything from you can i?" she gave a weak giggle and a forced smile. "Indeed sister, I'm worried about my little ponies. What if the monsters attack them?" she fearfully asked.

"Then, as rulers we must help protect our people" she answered her sister.

"You are right, we cannot always rely on our guards or the Elements of Harmony forever." she sighed.

"Indeed." seeing the opportunity to cheer her sister up she took it. "How are the bearers faring? Especially thine personal student; Twilight Sparkle?" she smiled and take another sip of tea.

Perking up at the mentioned of her beloved student "She's doing wonderful, learning many things about the magic of friendship~" she smiled, ear twitch as she looked up as a purple smoke floats down towards her it then form a rolled up scroll in a puff of magic. "As a matter of fact, here's another friendship letter n-" she quickly opened the document and read, going silent.

"Sist-" Luna was cut short as Celestia stood up, anger in her eyes dropping the letter in her haste "Sister! What's wrong!? SISTER!!?" Luna called out.

"They have gone too far!"She heard Celestia shout as the door slammed shut.

Blinking at her outcry, she spotted the letter and read it only to discover what made her sister so angry.

'Princesses

Help! This is Spike, i barricaded myself inside the library but I don't know for how long i can hold up!. Send help, Twilight...Twilight and the girls they just disappeared! I don't know what to do, the town is on fire, i can hear everypony's screaming. I think see monsters destroying everything! Please help me..please send help! I'm too young to die! Save me, save Twilight.
Spike'

"Guards! Prepare a chariot bound for Ponyville. Hurry, time is of the essence!" She commanded as the royal guards salute and ran off the prepare. "To think, i have to use these again so soon." She sigh, horn glowing brightly and in a flash a dark blue chest plate adorned her torso, a dark cloak flowing behind her with the twinkling star dots run across the cloak as the cloth sway about the stars move in flow as if the very night sky is inside the magical fabric. Another flash of magic and a sword appear, floating infont of Luna, it's handle dark a crescent moon at it's base with bat wings at the moon's side. Luna stare at her reflection at the flawless stainless steel of the blade. She reach out and grip the sword in her forehoof before slipping it into a scabbard hidden behind her cloak. She pulled the hood over her head as she sets out towards the waiting chariot.

-back at present-

A blue royal shoe crushes down on a skull as Luna trying to calm her breathing, looking around her and at the bones scattered around before they burst into flame and the ashes blew away in the wind. Luna sighed in relief after defeating these enemies as she looked back into town at the lone giant tree in the middle. "We are coming lil drake, prey hope the are well." she then trot onwards.

She gallop towards the library tree; jumping and evading obstacles, avoiding the creatures that roam the streets, seldom cutting some down as it got in her way. Stopping in front of the building, seeing another creature, this skeleton is clad in armor that seems to date back during the three tribes, the skeletal warrior let out a growl as it raised it sword up and tries to strike down the lunar princess. She anticipated the attack and with a skid she dashed backwards managing to avoid the rusty blade, she then counter with a swipe from her sword hitting her opponent but it only staggered back from the blow. "Hmm, you are more resilient. No matter, i will break you." It growls in reply and lunge again, this time Luna jumped up and fling herself downwards with a leg outstretched; kicking her opponent right in the skull hearing a crack she somersault away from him and smirk as it grumbles into pieces,bursting into flame afterwards. "Like I said, I'd break you." she trots towards the library door. She knocked on the door. "Sir Spike, it is us. Princess Luna!" She heard a click afterwards and the door swung open.

"Quick, inside!" the young purple dragon exclaimed, Luna didn't hesitate to trot inside, Spike shutting and locking the door behind him. "Thank your sister's mane you made it."he panted. "It's chaotic out there!"

"Indeed, so much more than Discord it seems." she remarked with a smirk, not knowing or caring if a certain statue back in Canterlot is silently cursing her name.

"This is serious Princess, Twilight and the others disappeared. Poof, gone!" he sit back, leaning on the wall starting to cry. "I'm worried about them."

"Forgive our rudeness, but fear not young Spike. I'll find them, but first i must help this town. I have to vanquish all these creatures first, if anypony not one of the creatures knocks. Let them in, I'll send any ponies i saved your way." she instructed him. "Now, open the door. I got skeletons to shatter and the undead to slay." She rears back, as soon as Spike opened the door, she shot off, galloping onto the street with her sword at ready. "For Equestria!" She shouts as she lunge herself at a group of undead creatures

After shutting the door behind him again, Spike sits down and leans back "Huh, never knew she was this awesome."

Luna trots around Ponyville, leaving piles of bones and ashes in her wake. Nearing city hall as all ponies she came across she simply told them "Go to the library." and they all complied. She stopped facing the building, looking up the structure that is still standing before her but damage is evident on the building. Kicking the door open as she galloped in "Mayor! Mayor, are thee alright?!"

"Yes your highness.. barely." replied the gray haired mayor as she dangled upside down from the ceiling, suspended by what looks like spider web. "And Princess? you might wanna.. DUCK!"

Luna quickly bend down, a white projectile going over her head barely missing her. "Who's there?!'

From the roof, a giant arachnid slowly descends hanging itself on a thin thread of web, what's more hideous about this creature a upper half of a pony seems to be it's head.. the creature open it's green insect like eyes "Well, what we have here? Royalty?" it snicker hoarsely. "Or a midnight snack, well.. i already have one planned but i can have one more." it laughed.

"Foal fiend, what are you doing in causing such disarray in this village?" she demanded for the answers.

"Foal!? How dare you!? You're nothing but a prey.." it snarled as it got on the ground "And I'm the predator!"

And the battle commenced. The spider shoots more web, trying to snare the princess but she easily jumped out of the way, it quickly crawl forward and tries to strike Luna with her sharp legs, but she back dash out of the way and counter with a sideway swipe. The sword hitting the arachnid's leg it give a yelp as it felt the damage.it snarled and lunged forward, Luna jump away and slashing at the creature again causing it to growl in pain and manage to slapped Luna to the wall, causing her to shout in pain as she lands on the ground grunting. "What's wrong lil princess, too pampered to handle a couple of bruises?~" it teased with a laugh.

"Dark.. night.. descend." Luna said in a whisper chant.

"What was tha-" the creature didn't manage to finish her question as dark tendrils shoot down from the shadows impaling her and in one quick motion they retreated back into the shadows. The spider, bleeding gave out a inhumane screech as she then is consumed by a green pillar of fire, slowly disintegrating into nothing, the web snapped freeing their captor as the mayor lands in a heap uttering an 'Ow'. Luna look up as the magic gathering at a spot in the middle, the monster's death had dispersed it's magical energy forming into a glowing orb. Luna did the only thing she can think off, she jumped high as the orb dropped and she gives a slash of her sword at the precise time as her body absorbed the orb, freezing her in that pose for a second before she falls back down landing with a loud thud.

Stage 0 complete!