• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 1,198 Views, 176 Comments

Equine Royale - MemoryLane



In a pony battle to the death, who will make it out alive, and who will perish?

  • ...
10
 176
 1,198

Nostalgia

Meanwhile, the alliance of three made their way away from the treehouse in silence. Memoirs of Vinyl Scratch was infiltrating the mind of Octavia. Her best friend was gone, and there was nothing she could do about it.

"Are you okay Octavia?" Ditzy Doo asked, wondering if there was anything she could do to console the poor grey pony. Octavia simply shook her head, and Ditzy looked at the ground. "Oh..."

It was Scootaloo's turn to try. She stepping in front of Octavia, cutting her off in an attempt to gain her attention. "Octavia, she may be gone. But her soul isn't. I knew Vinyl Scratch for just a short time, true..." Scootaloo was beginning to choke up a little bit as well, but held back her tears. "She would want you to keep going. She would want you to win."

Octavia smiled at the filly, but didn't notice when the orange pegasus stared nervously at the ground. If Vinyl Scratch wanted her to win, and that drove her to actually win, wouldn't that mean she would have to die? Sure, she wanted to win herself. She wanted to win this game just as much as anyone else. She couldn't remember how many ponies were left in the game. Less than ten, if she took a guess. Anyways, she herself felt more determined than ever to win, even though she was a great disadvantage due to her size. But that doesn't matter. What she wanted for Octavia contradicted what she wanted for herself, and she was running out of Options.

"Thanks..." She sighed, rustling up the filly's mane, causing Scootaloo to grin back.

Octavia felt a little bit of hope when she heard the filly's kind words. She just hoped that she realized what that would mean if she would win...

The cellist didn't want to think about that. She only wanted to keep trudging forwards.

The three of them eventually reached a large river, one that looked almost impossible to cross. It was very loud, even though the water ran very slowly.

"Wanna make camp here?" Ditzy asked, looking over the surroundings. Octavia shrugged, trying to not remember what happened the last time they stopped to rest...

Scootaloo grabbed the paranoid Octavia's hoof and walked her over to the water. "It'll be okay." She comforted. "No one is going to get us here..."

Octavia didn't know how to respond, and was going to call Scootaloo out on her bluff. There was no way she could be certain that it was safe, but since she'd rather not cross the river, it looks like they had no choice but to set up camp. "Alright then..."

Scootaloo cheered, trying to lighten up the mood, but Ditzy nor Octavia was in the mood, so she quieted down and blushed.

Everyone set out their sleeping bags, and began to sit down on them. Scootaloo had done with honors off getting a campfire started, somehow, by getting twigs and using some sort of technique Cheerliee had taught her long ago in class.

"Pretty impressive..." Octavia admitted, as she lied on her back on her sleeping bag. Scootaloo once again blushed meekly.

"Oh, it was nothing..." Scootaloo admitted, before sitting down on her own Sleeping bag. Octavia took out Vinyl's sword, which she had managed to grab from the wreckage before they had left.

Ditzy took one look at Scootaloo and spoke up. "Uhm, you have...blood on your face..."

Scootaloo brought a hoof to her cheek, and looked at it, only to reveal that there was now Vinyl Scratch's blood on her hoof. "Oops...uh, I'm going to wash this off..." She stated, before walking over to the river. She thought for a moment, deciding that Octavia and Ditzy should do something to take their mind off Vinyl. "Why don't you guys go explore the surroundings? Maybe there's something useful we can use around here."

Octavia laughed at the little filly, who was finally starting to take charge. She stood up, and once Ditzy saw her do it, she stood up as well. "Alright...just be careful." Octavia stated, before putting the sword in her bag and trotting off with Ditzy, just in case something were to happen.

Scootaloo smiled as she finally felt herself being taken seriously. She can be tough when she wants, and brave. Just like her idol. She trotted about a fourth of the ways into the river, where the water reached up to her belly, and she began to furiously scrub herself, attempting to get off all of the dried blood.

What she didn't know, was that something was in the water with her.

Suddenly, a loud splash.

Scootaloo turned around, only to see that there was nothing behind her. Everything was the same as it once was just a minute ago.

She shrugged and continued to scrub furiously. "Why won't this come off!?" She yelled at herself.

Another splash. This time much closer.

Scootaloo looked left and right, slightly becoming paranoid. She appeared to be alone, maybe it was just her mind playing tricks on her-

She stopped mid though as she saw a shadow form from behind her. She turned around to see a familiar pink mare. Before she could scream, Pinkamena placed a hoof over the filly's mouth.

"Mmmph!" She tried to call out for Ditzy and Octavia, but to no avail. Pinkamena stared into the filly's eyes, who where full of pure fear. She didn't want to die!

"Such a cute little foal..." Pinkamena taunted, running her other hoof through the filly's mane. "It's a wonder what you're doing here in a terrible place like this..."

"MMMPH!"

"Shh...it'll all be over soon." She told her, Scootaloo felt tears fall from her face, and she began to shake uncontrollably. "You know what you're doing? You're helping a murderer. You're a co-conspirator." She accused, her voice getting more and more ferocious with every word. "It's almost as if your the killer yourself. So you know what that means?"

Scootaloo couldn't take it anymore, and did the only thing that she had sense enough to do. She bit down with all of her might onto Pinkamena's hoof, which was still in her mouth. The mare left out a shriek before letting go, giving Scootaloo a single chance to escape. She tried to run out of the river, but was slowed due to the water resistance, and the fact that the water was much higher on her due to her size. It took mere moments for Pinkamena to swim after the filly. She grabbed the filly by the mane and held her underwater.

"TIME TO DIE!" She cackled, getting sick pleasure from this. Scootaloo tried to scream under the water, she wanted to breathe. After a few seconds, her lungs began to burn and she accidentally tried to breathe under the water, intaking a large amount of water.

It...it burns!!

Scootaloo flailed helplessly, trying to kick the mare off of her, but Pinkamena was stronger, and she was also an earth pony, which didn't help. Scootaloo's chest was on fire as the cold water invaded her nose and mouth, onto to reach her lungs. Her efforts began to deplete as each second passed, until she finally stopped moving entirely.

When Pinkamena was sure that the little filly was dead, she let go, smiling at her work. "Don't worry, it was bound to happen eventually..."

A voice in the distance made her jump, and she quickly exited the scene, passing right near the campsite.

"Scootaloo?" Octavia called as she walked into the campsite. She was starting to get a little nervous. "Scoots?" She called out again, no response.

Ditzy called out as well, searching for the little filly. It didn't take long for her cock-eyes to find something small, and orange floating in the water.

"Octavia!" Ditzy screeched pointing in the direction of the filly. Octavia's heart dropped at the sight. Scootaloo was dead, lying face down in the water.

"No...No!" Octavia called, she hopped into the knee high water, and grabbed the filly, taking her to shore.

No! She's just a foal! No!

Octavia set the poor filly on her back and put her ear up to her mouth. Scootaloo wasn't breathing. Octavia didn't know CPR, but now's a good time to learn. She did, however, take a few lessons a few years back. Although all the information was cloudy at this point. She pinched the filly's nose and tilted her head back, before putting her lips to Scootaloo's, trying to put breathe and life back into her. Octavia then put her hooves together and tried to pump Scootaloo's chest, but it didn't seem to be working.

"Wake up dammit!" Octavia cried. She tried to resuscitate the filly for a good ten minutes, but it was done. Scootaloo was dead. A few tears fell down Ditzy Doo's cheek.

"Ditzy!" A voice called out from the forest. Both mares snapped their attention to the woods, whoever was speaking was clearly out of sight. "Are you happy now? This is what happens when you don't give yourself up DITZY!"

Octavia seethed with anger and stood up, ready to charge into the forest and kill the pink mare herself. "I'll bucking kill you!" She threatened as Ditzy Doo held her friend back.

"Don't Octavia!"

"This is what happens! Now..." Pinkamena's voice finally softened. "Are you going to give yourself up? Or am I going to have to kill that pretty little friend of yours?" She asked, obviously talking about Octavia. Ditzy Doo sighed, and Octavia was hoping that she wasn't going to do what she thought she was going to do.

"You can't honestly be even CONSIDERING-"

"I'm sorry..." She moped, She knew that it was her time now, and that there was nothing she could do to stop it. She must either sacrifice herself, or her friend.

"But...but you have a daughter! What about her?" Octavia blurted out. Ditzy began to sob, her large, hopeful eyes looking up at the cellist. She already knew that it would come to this. She had spent her whole time on this island debating if it would be a good decision. But now she was more sure than ever.

"I want you to win..." She cried. "I want you to take care of Dinky..."

"What!? Ditzy...!"

"No!" She interrupted Octavia, shutting her up completely. She can't believe the words that came out of Ditzy's mouth. Take care of her daughter? She can't be serious! "I've known from the start that I wasn't going to win..." She confessed, looking at the ground. "I've been thinking ever since the start of this game, who I want to look over my baby. And I have picked you."

"Ditzy...I-I can't!" Octavia blubbered, on the verge of tears herself. "Please don't go!"

"I'm doing this for you. And my daughter!" Ditzy gave Octavia a strong hug, before looking her in the eyes once again. "Win for me. Take care of Dinky."

At that moment, she pushed Octavia away and charged into the woods, ready to attack Pinkamena with her own two hooves. Octavia could only stand and watch as Pinkamena immediately popped out of the forest and tossed her machete at the pegasus, piercing her heart and sending her hurdling into the ground. Octavia felt herself go weak, and plopped onto the soft ground right next to Scootaloo.

"Ditzy..."


***
#1 Scootaloo, dead
#6 Ditzy Doo, dead

5 to go.

Author's Note:

Whoa, this was hard to type...It...I was almost in tears.. ;-;

Anyways, there goes Scoots and Ditzy...FUU- In case you weren't keeping track

#4, Octavia
#11, Snowflake
#13, Doctor Whooves
#15, Twilight Sparkle
#26, Pinkamena

Keep rooting! It's still a fair game!

Keep at it bros!

-Cyneryk