• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 1,198 Views, 176 Comments

Equine Royale - MemoryLane



In a pony battle to the death, who will make it out alive, and who will perish?

  • ...
10
 176
 1,198

Define Demeanor

"Ugh! Stupid jungle!" Rarity whined as even more mud stuck to her hooves. So far this has been a nightmare for her. Not exactly when it came to all the ponies around her dying, but for her figure. She was literally living off bread and small helpings of fruit. It wasn't bad for her, but how is she supposed keep up such a spectacular physique.

Although the sights itself were beautiful and it took her mind off her looks, it was short lived as she began to grow exceedingly tired. It was very dark out, and Rarity knew that it was well passed two thirty in the morning. She had been looking for a nice, clean place to lie down and rest for at least three hours to no avail. Almost a few times did she fall almost fall asleep whilst walking. She didn't even want to imagine that happening. She could fall over into a mud puddle or something!

Rarity was almost stumbling through the forest at this point, her eyes and thoughts begun to drift as she walked, but she managed to stay away. She hoped that she wouldn't run into anyone. Her weapon didn't prove very useful, unless she was a mechanic. She's barely even held a screwdriver before. Luckily she has magic on her side.

The crickets and the owls chirped louder than Rarity would have preferred. It almost seemed like the sounds were right in her eardrums.

Rarity just wanted to go home. She has a little sister to worry about. She can't die here! Who will look after poor Sweetie Belle? Her parents are barely ever home. They're both all that the other has. As time went on she couldn't get her dearest sister out of her head. It seemed like Sweetie was the only thing keeping her going right now.

Also, it was the blatant fact that she did not wish to die. She had so much to offer the world, in all seriousness. Ever since she as a filly, she wanted her designs to change the world, even change fashion completely. That was her goal back then, and it's the same now.

She was walking on the trail now, her eyes burning from lack of rest, until she stumbled on what could have been the discovery of a lifetime.

She emerged from the jungle into a clearing to see a single, two story, white painted house in front of her. She had to rub her eyes just to make sure that this wasn't some trick that her eyes were playing on her, and a victorious smile grew on her face as she realized that her endless walking hadn't been in vain. She almost ran inside, struggling to keep her backpack on her back as she did so.

She softly knocked on the door habitually, and to make sure that no one else was in there. When there wasn't a response, Rarity felt overjoyed and slowly opened the door. Her heart began to beat fast as the thought of someone else being in here clouded her thoughts, but she knew that it was safe. She had a gut feeling.

Inside the house, it was fairly modern. Nothing up Rarity's alley thought. Infront of the doorway was a staircase that lead to the second floor. Rarity assumed that she would be safer on the second floor, should anyone come in and investigate. Upon taking another step into the house, she noticed that there was a kitchen to her immediately right, and a living room to her left. She curiously peered into the living room as a strange scent intrigued her, only to see a magenta colored pony on the ground, blood completely covering the white rug below her. Rarity dry heaved at the sight.

"Cheerilee..." She muttered. She remembered Miss Cheerilee. She was her teacher back in elementary school. She was always so kind towards everyone, especially her students. Rarity thought for a moment why she would even be here, until she remembered reading a newspaper article, changing her views on the former teacher forever. Apparently she had had an "intimate relationship" with one of her students. Rarity was disgusted at the time she read it, and was just as disgusted as she remembered it now. The student that she had had said relations with was from Sweetie Belle's very own class. Rarity was just glad that the teacher didn't dare lay a finger on her sister. The more she looked at Cheerilee, the more angrier she got.

The magenta earth pony had a clear gunshot wound to the side of her head, hitting her temple in what must have been instantaneous death. Rarity didn't want to look at the scene any longer, and made her way upstairs.

There only appeared to be a single room up the stairs, but in Rarity's eyes, it was one fit for a princess. There a was a glass chandelier that hung over the king size bed, draped in was seemed to be some kind of thin and beautiful fabric. The wall's were a light blue, much like the sky, along with the closet and a few dressers.

"Oh my..." Rarity said in awe. She was even more glad that she hadn't given up hope whilst walking now. She trotted over to the large bed, and hopped on top of the red comforter and snuggled inside of it. It didn't take her long to fall asleep, as the bed itself was as soft as cotton. She felt the warm embrace of sleep finally hit her as she rested.

***

"Hello?" A bold voice said next to the bed. Rarity was to tired to care, not taking in the seriousness of the situation, and rolled over from the mysterious voice. The unknown mare prodded her with a hoof in a lame effort to wake up the sleeping alabaster pony. "Who ah you?"

Rarity's eyes reluctantly fluttered open. "Go away!" She mumbled, subconsciously throwing a pillow at the earth pony, who saw it coming and was able to sidestep it.

"How dare you throw things at muah! Do you know who I ahm?" The pony said arrogantly. Rarity thought to herself, that voice are did sound familiar. No...it couldn't be.

The unicorn sat up in her bed and looked at the mare on the other side of the bed, only to see Photo Finish, in the flesh, looking back at her. Rarity's heart skipped a beat as she flew out of bed and squeaked fan girlishly, deciding that personal space is not an issue and coming so close to the celebrity that their heads were only a foot apart.

"Photo Finish!? What are you doing here?" Rarity asked, quite dumbly.

"Oh, yust taking in ze sites..." She replied, sarcastically. Obvious she had been wandering around and had found Rarity asleep. Rarity blushed at her stupid question.

"You don't know how much of a fan I am!" She squealed. Photo Finish rolled her eyes. Now was not the time for this. "I'm a designer, you know. And I've been dying to give you some ideas for future dresses and other clothes that I have." She said, boasting proudly. At first, Photo Finish was intrigued, but then she remembered that it was pointless due to the fact that only one pony gets out alive of this stupid deathmatch. She sighed as she remembered.

"Good tew know...and you ahre?" The earth pony spoke, her germanic accent never failing to shine through. Rarity gasped as she realized that she never introduced herself and grabbed Photo Finish's hoof and forcefully shook it.

"I'm so sorry! My name is Rarity, fashion and designing genius." Usually Rarity didn't brag this much, but she was really trying to impress the celebrity. Who was definitely not impressed in the slightest, as she was more annoyed if anything.

"Nice tew meet you...Rarity..." Photo Finish said, looking around the room, and putting her bag on the floor next to Rarity's.

Rarity decided to calm down as she picked up on Photo Finished uneagerness, and once again apologized. The celebrity just ignored her this time.

"So...how are you managing so far?" Photo Finish shot her a confused stare as she continued to look around the room, curiously. "With the whole...blood bath going on?"

Photo Finish sighed pitifully. "Terrible. Ah heard dat Spitfire and Soarin have yust recently died...I yused tew model vith them long ago to ahdvertise various flight gear." Her eyes became less harsh as she looked at the ground. "Ve vere so close..."

Rarity walked up to the white maned star and comforted her. "It's going to be alright. We're going to get out of here. Don't you worry." She stated. Photo Finish ever responded, but a few tears did fall down her cheek. She wiped them away and hid her face from her new acquaintance and made her way for the stairs.

"Ah'm going tew clean up...ah'll be back in a moment..." She whispered as she strutted down the stairs.

When she made sure that Photo Finish was gone, Rarity plopped back down on the bed and groaned. "My one chance with an actual fashion designer, and I manage to make her cry..." Rarity said. She knew that she had very clearly blown her chances of the celebrity maybe advertising or using her designs. She rested her head on the side of the bed, and saw her idol's bag. She looked left, and then right, mischievously. She jumped off the bed once again and knelt down by the bag and silently looked through.

She found the usual, food and water, a sleeping bag, and her weapon, a hammer. Rarity was about to close up the bag, until something else inside of the bag caught her eye. She used her magic to levitate it out and gasp. It was a pistol.

At first, Rarity thought nothing of it, until she realized that each pony in the beginning of the game only had one weapon. She also remembered that Cheerliee also had a gun wound. Rarity thought about the possibility that maybe Cheerliee had the pistol and committed suicide, and that Photo Finish picked it up...no...that didn't make sense. Rarity would have seen it...

She wanted to believe that her idol was really innocent, but the evidence...

Was her idol really a murderer?

At that moment, Photo Finish came back up the stairs and into the bedroom, and Rarity quickly hid the gun behind her back.

"Photo Finish..." She hesitated. Afraid of what might happen say if she was wrong with her suspicions. "Did you happen to see Cheerliee downstairs?" Photo Finish looked a little pale, but she regained her stature quickly.

"Uhm...did yew mean dat purple mare downstairs? Yush, it is very sad..." She stated. Rarity started to get just a little more concerned.

"Yeah. She was shot in the head...I used to know her. She did some bad things in her life..." Rarity added.

"Yush, indeed. Vare are yew getting at?"

Rarity just decided to come out and ask her. If she was wrong then she could just explain her suspicions later. "Did you kill her, Photo Finish?" She asked bluntly. Photo Finish was immediately taken back by the accusation.

"Vhat!? Of course no!" She gritted her teeth. "I walked in ze house and she vas like that!" She argued. Rarity thought for a moment before offering up a rebuttal. She removed the gun from behind her back and levitated it in front of her. Photo Finish's mouth dropped at the colorless unicorn's discovery.

"No!" Photo Finish argued. "My weapon vas ah simple hammer. Ah did no such thing!" She yelled. Rarity rolled her eyes. It was obvious the star was lying. "I found her on ze ground, and ah had picked up the gun when she had...shot herself." She stuttered.

"But I came inside the house before yo-"

"No yew did not! I heard yew knock, ah vas yust afraid to open ze door." Photo Finish countered.

"You still killed her. That only proves my point. She was dead when I walked in, remember?" Rarity smirked as she pretty much had thrown Photo Finish into a corner, but the blue mare refused to back down. "Look, I know you're lying. You only start out with one weapon. I know you started out with the hammer." She stepped closer to Photo Finish, levitating the gun with her. "You killed Cheerilee with her own weapon. Otherwise, why is she now dead?"

Photo Finish seethed with rage at the very intuitive pony in front of her. She let out a loud yell before charging Rarity, knocking her down and sending the gun flying to the other side of the room. Photo Finish sat ontop of the mare, hitting her repeatedly in the face. It only took Rarity a few moments for adrenaline to kick in and buck the azure pony off of her, but not before blood began to leak from her nostrils, and her cheeks were a light purple color. When Photo Finish landed on her back, Rarity took this moment to get her sweet revenge.

"My turn!" She screamed as she jumped on top of Photo Finish, delivering the same blows that her opponent had just done to her, punching her all over her face. Photo Finish was the weaker of the two, and was unable to buck the white pony off. Blood pored out of her nose as well and her face was bruised before Rarity felt like she had enough. She got off of the beaten pony, and looked around for the gun. She saw it lying on the floor, far away from where they both were. She levitated it closer to her, just as Photo Finish began to get up and was about to charge. Rarity stood in front of her, her back to the closet.

Rarity levitated the gun barrel resting against Photo Finish's forehead, who's eyes widened in terror.

"Please no! Ah'm sorry! I vas scared, okay?" She pleaded. Rarity wanted none of it.

"You're a killer! A murderer! And to think I looked up to you! I will never be you!" She screamed. Photo Finish smirked grimly, and Rarity tilted her head. "What the hell's so funny!?"

"Head's up." She whispered. What Rarity didn't notice was that the closet door opened up behind her. She looked behind her just in time to see a large axe swing down and impale her in the head, driving deep down into her skull, and her brain. Rarity immediately fell to the ground due to the weight of the axe itself, and the blow being near instantaneous. Inside the closer, a large white pony emerged.

"Snowflake..." Photo Finish sighed, relieved. "It is about time..."

Snowflake only laughed. "Yeah, I was having a good time watching the cat fight." Photo Finish shot him a death glare.

"Ah told you ve vould make a good team." The blue earth pony said, fixing her mane, as it has gotten quite messy during the brawl. Her face also stung as well.

"Yeah..." Snowflake drawled, picking the gun off the ground. Photo Finish was too late to dodge as Snowflake pointed the gun at her, and shot her in the flank. Photo Finish screamed, dropping to the floor, writhing in pain. She held a hoof to her gunshot wound to prevent further harm.

"No!" She screamed. "Ve vere a team!" She screeched. Snowflake gave her a cold, and hateful stare, and walked over to the fashion icon in front of him. He put the gun to her head, and gave her a small grin of satisfaction.

"Yeah. Were."

Snowflake pulled the trigger.


#14 Photo Finish, dead
#20 Cheerilee, dead
#22, Rarity, dead

14 to go

***

A/N

Whooo! Passed the halfway point. Who will make it? Who will perish? Who do YOU want to win?

Remember, if they are a background pony, mane 6, or any kind of somewhat known pony in the show, then they are in this story.

Thanks for reading!

Now get me my royal bitches.

-Cyneryk