• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 1,197 Views, 176 Comments

Equine Royale - MemoryLane



In a pony battle to the death, who will make it out alive, and who will perish?

  • ...
10
 176
 1,197

Irrationality

For Zecora, this whole experience had been just awful, and downright depressing. She literally saw that innocent yellow pegasus killed by that muscular white pony earlier. The Zebra didn't know Fluttershy all to well, but she did see her tending to the animals inside of the Everfree Forest where she lived. It was a gruesome sight, impaled on that single piece of foundation. It was...difficult to stomach to say the least. She wanted to stop Snowflake, but was intimidated by his brute size and strength, causing her to be forced into submission, and it made her feel terrible, to say the least.

It didn't take long for the Zebra to get used to her surroundings. This jungle bared a similar resemblance to that of her home. Even some of the same plants and foliage were on the ground. She wouldn't be surprised if she turned around to find her house.

Zecora was quite happy with her randomly chosen weapon, a blowgun. Even though it only came with three darts. At first she didn't know how she was going to protect herself with this, until a thought hit her. She scoured around the area, picking up various shrubs, juices, and other things she found lying about to make a toxic poison.

She sniffed it, and grinned at her creation. Just from the scent she could tell that it was very deadly. She carefully dipped the end of all three darts in the poison, careful not to actually get the poison onto her body, before wrapping all three up in an assortment of leaves and vines to prevent the poison from leaking all over her food supply, and preventing the darts from maybe poking through the bag, and accidentally injecting herself.

With a satisfied smirk, and when the darts were all wrapped up, she put it away next to the blowgun itself. She didn't know how accurate she was with it, and if she wanted to practice, now would be a good chance. But then again, she didn't have very much poison left, and would prefer to save it just incase. She trusted her abilities in shooting, also, how hard could it be? She did use one before, but only for a little bit. As far as she knew it's simple, point and blow.

After everything was packed up, she continued to trudge through the jungle. This was too easy for her. Zecora was fond of brush and it was almost like a sixth sense to swiftly make her way through the terrain. She couldn't help but wonder how everyone else is doing right now, as she knew that there were indeed many ponies that weren't used to this kind of monotonous hiking.

Zecora made a mental note to look for Pinkie Pie, as she knew that she would be able to aid her. Pinkie was always there for the zebra, and is probably out laughing and giggling somewhere, and was very concerned for her safety. Pinkie was always so kind and carefree...she didn't deserve this.

The zebra knew that it would be either very easy, or very difficult to find her. Pinkie Pie was always known for popping up places, and then randomly disappearing through thin air. But she wouldn't be that hard to find either. She's not very known for being quite. One can practically hear her giggling a mile away! Zecora just didn't know what to expect.

It was late, about 3:45 in the morning, as she guessed by looking at the moon and it's placement in the sky. Which only reminded her of the Princess'.

"The Princess' ways to handle conflict are cold, this is not the way to cease the uncontrolled." She muttered to herself, in her usual rhyme-like fashion.

To be frank, she didn't even know why she was here. When the guards took her, she was only in jail for that one day after an accident with one of her potions almost destroyed the whole Everfree forest. Good thing she decided to do the spell outside, otherwise she wouldn't even have a house anymore.

She easily made her way thought the darkness, not even wasting her time flinching at the unknown sounds of the jungle around her. She wasn't very frightened by such things, after living with them around her for so long. Infact, she had a little bit of a smile on her lips as the nostalgia hit her.

Even though it made her quite homesick.

A thin fog had made it's way throughout the island, chilling the air. Zecora shivered, her bag didn't come with anything to cure the problem. Maybe there was something she could make...

No, that would take too much time. She decided to just deal with the cold for a few more hours. It'll warm up as the day went on, she just had to be patient. As the zebra exhaled, a small mist exited her mouth. Zecora was used to mornings, but not the cold. This wasn't going to be fun at all.

The zebra squinted through the early morning fog as she made her way. What she didn't notice was a figure a bright pink figure made continued to follow her, madly giggling. Zecora continued to make her way, until she came across a stone wall that reached up to 30 feet in the air, and sighed sadly. Great, now she was going to have to backtrack. She turned around, to see rustling in a bush near her.

Zecora called out to the figure.

"Stanger, please, do not fret. I come in peace, and not a threat." She called. Her only response was that of the owls and crickets. Her heart began to beat faster in anticipation. She had a terrible feeling in her stomach that someone was going to pop out at her.

The zebra began to sweat as a breeze came by, rustling the brush even more. Confusing her mind, and trying to decided what was the wind, and what was...unknown.

Suddenly, a blue blur flew passed her at sonic speeds. Zecora jumped back in surprise. It flew not even a foot away from her! They almost collided. Zecora looked over in the direction of where the pegasus had flown to, but they were no where to be found. A stinging pain hit her hind leg. When Zecora looked, a bright read gash was there, and it looked pretty deep.

"What the-" Zecora was interrupted when the blue pegasus flew by again, this time leaving a rainbow streak through the jungle as she flew. The zebra had almost seen it coming, but was too late to dodge. This time, the pegasus didn't fly back into the shadows, but reappeared in a flash about 15 feet away from the zebra, with a dagger in her hoof.

Zecora looked down to see another gash in her foreleg this time. She scowled angrily.

"What are you doing, leaving my legs with a gash, are you trying to kill me, Rainbow Dash?" Zecora rhymed. Rainbow Dash's ears perked up as she heard her name. She hadn't expected the zebra to know her after all, but then again, everyone does.

"What do YOU think!?" Rainbow yelled. Zecora looked at the rainbow maned pegasus, who's mane was even more rugged and scruffy than usual. "I'm surprised you've lasted this long in the game, and also that you've had to resort to murdering!" She yelled. Zecora glared at the pegaus, not letting her guard down.

"What are you talking about, what are these lies you try and spout? I have done no such thing, what good does murder ever bring?" She questioned. Rainbow Dash was starting to get annoyed with the zebra's incessant rhymes.

"Cut the crap, zebra! I saw what you did to Fluttershy!" Zecora raised an eyebrow, but was unable to protest as Rainbow cut her off once again. "You were there! You killed her! I saw you standing right in front of her body!" She yelled, tears filling her eyes as she remembered her dead friend.

"No, no, you have it all wrong, it is not because of me that your friend is gone!" Zecora argued, Rainbow Dash's eyes grew manic, as her mind beckoned evil thoughts to her.

"You were standing right there! You obviously did it!" She continued to shout. "I know you at least saw what happened to her! If you didn't do it, then why didn't you help her!?"

Zecora was stunned at the mare's directness. "Snowflake is the one you want, not me, for his is on a dangerous killing spree." She replied, calming herself down a little bit.

Rainbow Dash knew about Snowflake, how could she possibly forget. He's the biggest pony she's ever seen. But Rainbow didn't give in, she knew that Zecora could've tried to save her. Or maybe she assisted Snowflake?

Yes, that was it.

Now, I will have my revenge.

Zecora knew that this wasn't going to end well, so she took off her bag and held it in front of herself. Her intuition proved right as Rainbow Dash flew at Zecora at super sonic speeds, holding out the dagger as to slash her once again, this time down her body. The blade hit the zebra's bag, slicing it open and dumping out all the contents as the flyer flew into the shadows once again. Zecora didn't think twice when she saw her blowgun on the ground. She picked it up quickly, as well as the wrapped poisonous blowgun darts. She unwrapped it hastily, throwing it on the ground before she popped a single dart into the dart, and brought the blowgun to her lips.

She waited.

Rainbow Dash was somewhere in the shadows, waiting for the perfect chance to strike. Zecora was backed up against the stone cliff, unable to flee without being vulnerable to another attack by Rainbow.

She had no choice.

"Do not make me do this Rainbow Dash, please, there is no need to be brash." She warned her one last time. Zecora kept the other darts on the ground nearest her, just incase she missed.

With a mighty yell, Rainbow Dash charged at Zecora from the zebra's right side, Zecora turned her head and blew the dart. Rainbow, however, saw it coming and swerved upwards and high into the sky, a rainbow streak radiating behind her.

"See! You are a murderer!" Rainbow screamed as she dipped back into the woods. Zecora failed to point of the irony of that statement, and she was also getting tired of this game Rainbow was playing.

Once again, there was silence. Zecora picked up her second dart and entered it into her blowgun. She only had two more chances, otherwise Rainbow would most likely kill her right then and there.

This time, Rainbow appeared from Zecora's right. But by the time that she had begun to pick up speed, Zecora had already blown into the gun. Unfortunately, her aim was way off, and Rainbow had figured that out mid-flight and continued to charge with her knife. The zebra quickly ducked, sending the pegasus soaring over her. Dash let out a loud cackle before hiding once again in the treetops.

Zecora was starting to find Rainbow Dash a coward, even thought she knew that the pegasus wasn't. It was very weird, but that's definitely what it seemed. The zebra picked up her last dart and entered it into her blowgun. She uttered a silent prayer, saying that she would make this shot count. She closed her eyes and meditated for a moment. Rainbow Dash, had thought that the zebra was giving up, and emerged from the trees again, this time charging her head on. Zecora heard this and aimed the dart straight in Rainbow Dash's direction and forcefully blew into the gun.

The dart hit Rainbow Dash directly under the chin, which threw off her balance during mid-flight. She hit the ground and tumbled on the ground, bouncing and painfully rolling until she smacked into the stone wall. She was very bruised, and her wings looked visibly broken. She stood up, and felt the blowdart on her neck. The whole area was numb. Rainbow Dash quickly pulled it out and tossed it far away. The poison was very deadly, and Rainbow dash dropped onto her stomach. Zecora walked over to the injured pegasus, not saying a word as she patiently waited for Rainbow Dash to die.

"Murderer!" Rainbow screamed whilst grounded. It hurt her to speak as she was shot in her throat. "MURDERER!" She gargled. The pain was becoming too much to bear. Her body felt like it was being invaded by fire ants. She was becoming numb...

So numb.

"I miss her..." She cried on the ground. She knew what Zecora had done to her. She knew that she was going to die. Her vision blurred, and her heart slowed down tremendously. "I miss her so much..."

Rainbow Dash then closed her eyes for the final time.

Zecora stood in front of the wannabe Wonderbolt's body as she was instantly struck with the realization of what she had just done. But she didn't feel very much remorse. It was self-defense.

She looked around for a moment, she was going to need to find her darts. If not then she was in deep trouble. She turned around and saw a quite a sight.

Pinkamena was behind her, dangling all three darts in front of her face, a wicked grin on her lips. Zecora was a little uneasy about her, something didn't seem right. Especially her mane...it was like a curtain was draped over her head.

"Pinkie Pie, I am so ever glad you have shown. I cannot get through this game on my own!" She rhymed, smiling. Pinkamena simply glared at her with insane, and dilated eyes.

"You know Zecora..." She said in a deep, monotonous tone as she dropped the darts individually on the ground. "Celestia was right."

"What are-" Pinkamena cut her off, she didn't want to here the zebra's incessant rhyming either.

"This world is full of terrible ponies. But deep down, none sicken me more than murderers." She declared, not taking her eyes off Zecora, who was starting to feel a little nervous.

"Nothing!" She yelled, revealing a sharp kitchen knife. Zecora instantly ducked at the sight of it. Before she could blink, the knife was in a tree right next to her, sticking out of it like a branch. Zecora stood up and backed away defensively.

"Rainbow Dash charged me, tried to kill me, you see! It was self-defense, honest! I plea!" Zecora replied, starting to feel a little scared of the creepy pink mare in front of her.

Pinkamena let out an eerie giggle. "Hehehe...that's exactly what Soarin said, right after she killed Spitfire..."

Soarin? Spitfire? Zecora wasn't sure she knew them.

"Since Soarin decided to convert to one of those..." Pinkamena looked for the right word. "...slaughterers, I had to be the one to put him in his place. Which at this point, was a nice, cozy spot in Hell."

Zecora's eyes widened. Did Pinkamena just confess to murder. Well, yes, she was technically a murderer herself, but it was all in the name of self defense. But Pinkamena did it for her own insane reasons...

Pinkamena stared at the body of Rainbow Dash, gears seemed to turn inside of her psychotic mind before she turned her gaze back to Zecora, a smile brighter than ever before. The zebra was surprised the mare's cheeks haven't bursted yet.

"And it looks like you just converted yourself..." Pinkamena reached into her back that was on her back and pulled out a large machete. Zecora's eyes widened in fear. "I think you know what this means-"

"Pinkie Pie, I-"

"SHUT IT" She boomed, fully annoyed with the Zebra's rhymes. "You need to learn how to speak NORMALLY." She waved the machete in the air, making her way towards the Zecora.

This wasn't looking good at all. She had three choices: either continue to try and befriend the derange mare(Which wasn't very likely), run and try to get away(Which didn't seem likely either), or attack Pinkie Pie(Which seemed pointless, as she didn't have a weapon. Wait...

She turned to look over at the kitchen knife that was embedded in the tree right next to her, only taking her eyes off Pinkamena for a moment. She grabbed the knife, and pulled, but it refused to budge. She looked back over to where Pinkamena was standing...

But she had disappeared. Zecora looked left and right, sweating in anticipation for the party pony to make a random appearance. She was frantic, and frankly wished that she would appear. She didn't like to handle this kind of stress.

She looked back to the knife, only to see Pinkamena, with a single hoof ontop of it, as she forcefully pulled it out of the tree. Zecora let out a loud scream, as it had scared the living daylights out of her.

"Run."

Zecora jumped back and obeyed Pinkamena's wish as she run as fast as she could away from the mare. Unfortunately, Pinkamena's kitchen knife proved to be faster as it flew threw the air, and embedded itself into the zebra's mohawk, almost aligning it perfectly.

Zecora died within seconds after hitting the ground.

Pinkamena casually trotted out of the jungle's early morning fog, and unlodged the knife from zebra's skull, making a loud crack as it split open her skull. Pinkamena whipped off the blood with a nearby leaf, and put it back inside of her bag.

"This world is full of terrible ponies. I'm going to kill all of them. Starting with this game. I will win and rid Equestria of all these abominations." She cackled madly. Apparently, speaking to Zecora's body.

"Everypony will pay."


#3 Zecora, dead
#28 Rainbow Dash, dead

12 to go

***

Whoa, Pinkamena's creepy.

Well, here ya go. I might write another chapter later tonight, so be on the watch.

Spread this story around, we need to try and get this featured!

Thanks for reading, and I love you all.

-Cyneryk

PS Don't look in your closet.