• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 2,391 Views, 26 Comments

To love a Changeling - Changeling Dashed



Deep in the hive lives a well bonded family of 6 changelings, though two are not normal.

  • ...
5
 26
 2,391

Can a Pinkiebug Party

Chapter 3:

Can a Pinkiebug Party

Written by: Changeling Dashed

The room was dark, still, silent as the morning light started to shine into the window. Small flecks of dust danced across the beam making it a sight of an innocent light show. As the light started to fill the room, a single pink pony with a curly mane and triple balloon cutie mark sat up among the mass of still sleeping and unmoving ponies. She opened her blue eyes and scanned the room seeing no pony moving, as if there were all in a deep coma like sleep. She giggled and moved from the pile and walked towards the door stopping just in front of it. She turned and looked at all the ponies and flashed a wicked grin.

"I must say you all partied very well, to bad many of you will never wake up. Actually, non of you will wake up. However you all tasted amazing, and I hope to someday find more ponies like all of you. However for now Pinkie must be going, since I have to find a couple of my sisters. Even though none of you....."

She paused seeing one pony stirring she looked at the mare almost in disbelief at first, then she cracked and even wider fanged grin.

"Seems like one survived, but that is ok, you know that one responsible for all this, Is Pinkamena Pie."

Giggling the Pink pony left the room looking around and making sure no other pony was around to see her. She was very full and felt amazing, such a party like that to produce the wondrous flavors of love. She found it amazing to be the one pony that all others loved unconditionally, and being her.. well it was just thrilling. She composed herself and started bounding away like the normal Pinkie would, and once she was at a safe distance, dropped her guise of Pinkie Pie.

Instead of Pinkie bouncing away, there was a Purple Pink changeling with brilliant blue eyes, and a amazingly evil toothy grin pulled across her face. Her mane was flat with her tail but an amazing brilliant shade of pink. She bounced along suddenly stopping and looking up in thought.

"Why am I bouncing? Silly silly me, I have wings so I can fly to where my sisters are. This is going to be so much fun to finally see my sisters Fluttershy and Dash. I mean they have been gone for SOOO long, I almost forgot they were my sisters. I mean how silly would that be to wake up and, Poof, you don't remember your own siblings. Oh my oh my, that just wont do.. when I find them and drag them home, I will be sure to throw them an Extra special welcome home sibling PARTY! Filled with fun and other things that will let them know I love them."

She grinned wide and narrowed her eyes and pulled the already wide smile wider.

"They will never want to leave home again."

Her voice went from and off version of pinkie to a darker form that Pinkie herself would have ran in terror from. Changeling Pinkie flapped her wings a bit and then took to the sky skimming over the treetops of the Everfree forest, making a pink be line for Ponyville.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of the store, The Show Pony, a laughing rolling Changeling could be found on the floor. She hadn't expect such a reaction from the Stallion. The way he jumped into the air, and then dove behind the mare clinging to her for dear life was priceless. His shades were left spinning in the air as they clattered to the floor, coming to a rest looking at the ceiling. To add to his reaction, the stallion had squealed like a filly as he cleared the distance in a frightened scramble.

The mare simply looked at the Changeling and jumped a little bit, however seeing it was only Flutterbug she smiled and started laughing. She liked a good laugh, it helped her feel welcome and loved by her friends. She looked to her other side and found her Fiance huddling in fear not realizing who or what it was that had yelled Boo behind him. She rolled her eyes and laughed louder until her Fiance slowly peeked over the mares back to see the Changeling.

"Y.. You know that wasn't very nice right Flutterbug?"

"Oh, calm down my love, you know she was just having her fun. Besides DJ, didn't you say that you wanted to be braver?"

"Silverlace, I said that was my secret agenda, not my public agenda."

DJ SoftHooves was the Unicorn stallion that had been cowering behind the Unicorn mare named Silverlace. He had moved to Ponyville a while back after making a success of DJ'ing in Manehatten. Once he arrived in Ponyville he managed to get the rights to open up a radio station in town. Of course he blurted out the first name that came to his mind, KLOP Radio. Ponies eventually stopped laughing at the name and began listening to his shows and music that her provided. Recently everypony was listening for his special edition show that involved him interviewing the Princess's of Equestria.

Silverlace was the mare that had fallen in love with the Radio host. She used to spend her nights simply listening to his voice on the Radio. He sounded strong, commanding, and sensitive as if he was a brave Royal Guard stuck in a Radio booth. To be honest he slightly intimidated her with the way he talked on the air. She did everything she could to find out what he looked like, peeking into the station, watching the door. She for a while didn't understand why the only pony to go in and out was the brown Unicorn who loved limes. She herself was really shy when it came to crush's, so each time she kept her eye peeled to the elusive Radio personality, she was greeted with the lime sucking skittish Stallion. One thing led to another and then she realized the Stallion that she was so comfy around was the Radio personality she wanted to meet so much. The rest as one could tell was history.

Flutterbug stopped laughing and looked at the two ponies in front of her. She finally calmed down enough to clear the tears from her eyes and focus on the love bird before her.

"I'm sorry Softie, I didn't mean to scare you that much. I wanted to surprise you and make you jump. I didn't expect to get so much more along with it."

"W.. Well you shouldn't.. do such a thing, I mean, Silver here could have gotten hurt because of your action."

"What? How in all of Equestria would I have been hurt?"

"Well you know I could have fallen on you, or ran into you, or..

He was silenced by a kiss from Silverlace who simply shook her head at him. She looked to Flutterbug and opened her mouth to say something to her when she was cut off by a thunderous boom from outside.

The building shook and the plates rattled as a bright flash was seen from the window. The ponies and Changeling looked at each other confused and moved towards the door. Once outside they looked up in time to see the fading circle of color and a long rainbow tearing the sky in half. They looked at each other a little confused as to why Rainbow Dash was pulling off the most amazing stunt in all of Equestria.

"Um, Silverlace I think I had better find Twilight. I wanted to try on hats with you, but something is going on. I do hope you excuse me and I hope you will let me stop by tomorrow?" Flutterbug gave the mare a gently apologetic smile as she started to head towards the library.

"No problem dear, just make sure you arrive around tea time. I have some amazing flavors for you to taste, Softie here wont try them with me." Silverlace nudged the Stallion next to her.

DJ SoftHooves simply stood there and pretended like he didn't hear her, acting like the rainbow had his whole attention. He traced the line with his hoof and then dropped it and smiled wide admiring the work of RD.

"I think I will ask Rainbow Dash to come to the station and be interviewed. What do you think of that dear, to have the most amazing, and awesome pony in all Equestria?"

He blinked seeing a hurt and almost angry glare coming from his fiance he quickly raised a hoof as if to say what wasn't what he meant.

Flutterbug simply giggled and nodded moving her way to the library. The last thing she heard from the couple was a slamming door and DJ knocking lightly.

"Honey I didn't mean it like that, come on. It's just what all the other ponies call her I swear. Honey?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie was flitting excitedly from tree to tree as she made her way towards Ponyville. She giggled happily knowing that her sisters would come home, they had to. Pinkie was the best partying Changeling in existence and they always had the best time with her right?

The changeling landed on the edge of the Everfree forest, looking to the village known as Ponyville. Slowly her face once again split into a wide toothy fanged smile.

"There it is, the village of love! Oh, mean, mean, meanie sisters. They are both here, and they are soaking up all the love this town has to offer and the are not SHARING! Well.. Pinkie.. hehe, will have to teach them. Pinkie will tell mommy, and mommy will come here and take them home, then Pinkie can have the love for herself. She will gather it up and take it home, then she will share with her sisters and Dashie and Flutters will not get any of it. ANY OF IT!"

She breathed heavily still smiling wide, her teeth separated from each other letting a low fit of laughter escape. It wasn't long before the laughter rivaled that of Queen Chrysalis herself and the purple pink changeling was lost in it. She stopped suddenly and closed her mouth quickly seeing a random pony looking at her. They stared at each other for a bit, as Pinkies own pupils became pinpoints. A pony has seen her, and she wasn't using her illusion, what to do, what to do? She kept staring into the pony's eyes who was staring back just as much. Then something happened the Pink Changeling never expected.

"You must be looking for Flutterbug huh? Don't worry I think she is in town at the library, it's the large tree near the center of town. I'm sure you can't miss it, since it really is the only tree that has a library built into it."

Pinkie stared at the pony and then slowly smiles, her eyes returning to normal.

"Why yes, you are correct, thank you oh so so so much for letting me know where she was. I mean I would have been looking all over for her and you helped me out. I really have to thank you some how, OH I know. How about I give you a prize? You like prizes right? Of course you do. I know you do!"

With that Pinkie pulled the pony towards her with an evil grin. She looked the pony into the eyes and worked her illusion up the poor victim, luring the unsuspecting pony into a false sense of safety. This made the pony follow Pinkies motions into the woods, deep enough so that no pony would the body. At least, not till after the Timber wolves had their way with the body.

After an hour, Pinkie exited the woods wearing a very satisfied grin upon her face. She looked around and giggled making her way towards Ponyville, bathing herself in a green fire. Once that was gone she appeared as the perfect copy of the pony she just feasted upon. She hummed gently as she moved to the edge of town and looked at the buildings finding them a bit festive. This town must party all the time, but they have yet to party with her. After all, her parties are literally to die for.

She wanted to bounce through Ponyville like her normal self, but that wasn't how this pony acted. The pony she was portraying was pretty calm and relaxed, making Pinkie regret taking her. No fun being calm and relaxed, no fun at all. She casually strolled though the town looking around at the stores and ponies that seemed to literally be bursting with love. It all made her so giddy, she wanted to take all of them and feast until she couldn't eat anymore. She blinked when a Red Stallion approached her.

"Howdy, what'cha been up to Carrot?" The Red Stallion looked at her a bit, and Pinkie could sense the Stallion saw the pony as something important to him.

"Wha Hello there, how ya'll doing t'day?"

The red stallion simply looked at her a little confused, "Carrot Top.. dun ya recognize me, Ah'm Big Mac. Yer special Somepony."

The Pinkie/Carrot Top blinked and then using her memory of how the pony acted she smiled suddenly, though it was only a brief memory.

"OH! Ah'm sorry huney, Ah hit ma head this mornin gettin outta bed. Ah swear I should really pay more attention to what ah am doin."

Big Mac smiled, making Pinkie feel she managed to play off the awkward moment. However talking like this was kinda fun. She passed it off as playing charades, so she did her best to mimic on such low knowledge of the pony. However she had gotten lucky, the very mare she picked was just as random as her, but not as hyper.

"Ah will see ya'll tonight, ah have ta buck the south fields when ah get back. Applejack has been busy with her Special Somepony and took the day off."

She nodded her head and giggled looking at him, she giggled and trotted past him. However something in her mind stopped her and she paused and started backwards. She looked Big Mac in the eyes and gently nuzzled him planting a kiss upon his cheek. She didn't know it but she had just caused the large Red Stallion to blush and thank Celestia his fur was red.

Pinkie continued on and smiled thinking she had managed to over come her first obstacle. Then she froze hearing a thunderous boom over heard, forcing her to look skyward. She was met with the most amazing view of the Sonic Rainboom she had ever seen. She did her best to follow the streaking multicolored trail that left the circle of ever expanding color. She let out a squeak as she fell backwards, unaware that she and stood on her hind hoofs to watch the sky splitting line. She quickly recovered but found many of the ponies were just as awestruck as her. She relaxed a bit until she looked down the street.

That was when Flutterbug had walked out of the store with two other ponies. Pinkie blinked and stared at her. What is this, Fluttershy wasn't even disguised?! Did she already conquer this town, did she already name herself as the Queen of Ponyville? Pinkie was not happy, not happy at all about this development. She ducked into an ally and made sure no other pony was sleeping in there, she found that to be a problem in Manehatten. She huffed finding the ally surprisingly clean and it made her wonder who cleans the town. They could use that pony in Manehatten to be honest. She shook her head and started to focus on her task at hand. Her eyes started to glow green, and her disguise fell.

"Mother.. I found her, you were right. She is in Ponyville, sadly I cannot find Dashie, but I know she is here as well. If you want I can sha... but.. I want to shadow them. Awww.. you never let me do any cool spy stuff, what do you mean I am not a spy? Oh... teehee, that is right. Ok, I will be waiting in the Everfree forest hive. See you soon Mommy!"

The green glow faded and she looked out the ally towards the now walking away form of Fluttershy.

"Soon sister.. very soon the plan will come together, just be ready."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changeling Dash was limping along, doing her best to keep her broken wing from getting more messed up. She panted feeling her stomach grumble and growl loudly as she moved through town. She wished she had eaten before taking on that angry Rainbow Dash. She limped along getting the sense to head towards that large tree in the midst of Ponyville. She felt that her sister would be there, at least, she hoped she was there.

After a while of walking she came to the realization that no pony was paying attention to her. Well not in the way she thought they would, since normally a pony would see her and charge. No pony charged, and no pony bothered her. What was going on, how can they simply let her walk through town unopposed? Something didn't sit right with this but she wasn't about to look a gift puppy in the mouth. After what seemed like hours she found the entrance to the Library only to see a sight that made her blood run cold.

There in the front of the library was her sister Fluttershy, and the still upset Rainbow Dash. She quickened her pace only to step out in front of a Red Stallion with a fire like mane. She yelped in pain and surprise falling on her injured leg side. She looked up at the Stallion that she ran into and covered her face in fear of being struck.

The Stallion named Sunset Runner was just as startled at bumping into another pony. He let out a squeal and then looked at the one in front of him. He sat there with a coat as red as Big Mac, a mane that mixed the colors of Orange and Red like the blazing sun as it set. He didn't have a cutie mark upon his flank, but he was one of the best athletes among the local Earth ponies. He started to panic fearing he injured the pony a bit and then blinked seeing the Changeling form of Rainbow Dash.

"R..Rainbow?"

The Changeling didn't waste any time scooting away from the Stallion. She moved a bit faster doing what she could to get to her sister and R. Dash. She ignored the Stallions calls and confusion blinking as she saw her sister lower her front half and glare at Dash.

"Oh no.. d. don't Fluttershy.. don't.. don't attack her!"

Her voice was lost as C. Fluttershy unleashed a green beam of magic at Rainbow Dash. The beam struck the Pegasus in her left wing leaving a burn where it impacted her. The Pegasus let out a yowl in pain and rage as the left over anger from confronting her Changeling self earlier, came to light and turned towards the Fluttershy in front of her. The Changeling in front of her seemed suddenly weaker as she retreated into the library away from the angry Pegasus. Changeling Dash managed to get close but was met with a yelling angry Dash.

"Come out of there you parasite, I swear I will break this door down to get at your slim covered head!"

Changeling Dash took on a defensive posture, no one talk about her sister like that and gets away with it. She ignored the obvious pain she was in forcing down the aching, and acting oblivious to the swelling on her thigh. She managed to get close enough so that R. Dash would not be able to ignore her.

"HEY! Why don't you just leave her alone? Your fight is with me so why don't you come and get some HUH?"

Rainbow Dash blinked hearing a voice that sounded like her own, but a little different. The Cyan Pegasus turned to look at the Changeling form of herself and glared, the hatred for the Changeling and all of her kind was evident in the blaze found inside her ruby eyes. She gave a couple snorts as she readied herself to charge.

"YOU! Why are you here, are you and your worthless Queen plotting to take over Equestria again? You know what heck with it, I'm just going to smash you and be done with it!"

Dash took up her own stance to charge her opponent, pawing at the dirt below her. She wanted to fly at her, but with her wing singed and burned as it was, flight was just impossible. So she opted to take the tackle side of things, lunging at the Changeling in front of her.

Changeling Dash took a similar stance and since her own wing was broken she was restrained to the ground. When r. Dash began her charge the changeling did the same starting off in an attempt to sprint at her target. She ignored each hoof fall that sent a shock wave of pain across her body. The two Rainbow colored beings were about to make contact, then there was an audible snapping noise.

The changeling suddenly blacked out and fell in a crumpled mess sliding across the ground. Dash took advantage of this and quickly dug her fore hooves under the Changelings shoulders. She lifted and flipped the creature onto her back and pinned her down using three of her legs. She glared at the look a like and sneered.

"This is going to feel so good."

Dash's voice took on a darker tone as she glared at the copy. She raised her free hoof ready to strike the Changeling and send her into Tartarus where she belonged. However her satisfaction would once again be stolen from her, as the surrounding area was engulfed in green fire. Without warning Changelings stepped out, each one wearing armor as if ready to head into war. They looked like Royal guards which set Dash on edge, since guard meant that somepony important was about to arrive. She noticed that the armor was sharp, black as night with a green trim. Each one was about the size of a Unicorn male, the size wasn't imposing. The armor was more of what scared the other ponies. Of course Dash saw them as simple threats, so she wasn't fazed by their appearance.

Sure enough, from the blaze of green fire in front of Dash, stepped a Long leg with holes towards the hoof. Then after a bit of evil laughter, the Queen of the Changelings stepped out and turned an menacing glare upon Rainbow Dash. The Queen narrowed her eyes at the sight before her. One of her own daughters was under this pony, and her daughter didn't seem like she was in good shape. Her horn started to glow as she stomped on the ground unleashing sharp spikes to pursue and make Rainbow Dash release her daughter. Rainbow didn't waste any time getting away from the changeling staring at the Queen with a clear passion of Hatred.

The Queen simply ignored her and walked over to her fallen daughter,

"Rainbow Dash, if you wish to remain alive, then keep your hooves to yourself. I am here to take my daughters home."

She used her magic to levitate the unconscious form of Changeling Dash, gently setting the female upon her back. She looked to the library door and unlocked it revealing a cowering and scared Fluttershy Changeling. The shaking Changeling didn't look at her mother, she kept her eyes focused upon the ground as it that was her only escape from the inevitable.

"Come, my lovely daughter, we have to return home. You have had your fun, and now we are needed else where."

Flutterbug gently moved from the door keeping her head down. She could tell that her mother was upset, but also found a hint of disappointment. Nothing about her mother, how ever, told the little Changeling she was mad. She looked to Dash who was now ignoring her, focused to much on the Changeling Queen. Dash was running thoughts in her head, starting with why was the Queen here. To a question that made her skin crawl, was she planning another invasion? She was going to find out why, or at least make it know she wasn't happy with them.

"HEY! What are you doing here? Explain yourself Parasite!"

"Rainbow Dash, calm yourself. I am not here to fight but simply to take my daughter to the safety of our hive. So consider this your win today, and know that I will keep my eyes on you. Hurt another of my children, and your friends will have nothing to bury of you."

She hissed the last part and before Rainbow Dash could even muster a response, the group of Changelings simply vanished behind veils of green flames. The now alone Dash stared in disbelief, did she just win? She let out a celebratory cheer and looked to where the Changeling had been. Pointing her hoof accusingly at the now vacant area.

"Serves ya right, and I don't ever want to see any of you back here again!"

She put on a face of bravery, even though she was scared of the Queen, a pony that could become anything she dreamed of. That, and she left husks of ponies who once loved the very creature that killed them. Dash simply glared now and finally set it within her head that the Changelings were going to make another invasion attempt. She vowed then and there to find the proof, and be there to stop it before it had a chance to happen. What ever it was, that was going to be the hardest part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From her bar, a single mare watched the event unfold. She saw how Rainbow Dash had attempted to take on the Fluttershy look alike, then seemingly defeat her own look alike. The mare watched as Dash raised her hoof to strike the fallen figure, and a tinge of sadness went through her body. She had been watching when the little changeling Dash, already injured, had stood up to the one chasing her sister. The mare couldn't pull her eyes away from the Changeling, something drew her to the small form, that right now seemed so helpless. The mare was brought back to reality when one of the Bar patrons attempted to get her attention, so she missed the arrival of Queen Chrysalis.

"Miss.. Miss Jill.. can I get another over here?"

"Ahh.. oh. yes.. sorry. I'll get you another Sweet drink. Sorry, I was a little.. distracted."

The Cyan Unicorn waved his hoof and smiled, "Nah, it's ok you have been working hard. I'm just a little down that Vash is taking his sweet time getting home today."

The mare was a light blue color, Pegasus with a snowflake on her flank. It also had what appeared to be a gust blowing through it. She smiled and made a new sweet drink for her friend and stole one last glance out the window. Her red eyes looking towards the library finding a very angry looking Dash left behind. The mare swayed her tail a bit, her tail rings bouncing off the cabinet door behind the bar. She pushed her shades up and turned around producing the drink to her friend, smiling to herself in her mind. She knew she would see the Changeling again, she wanted to see her again.

"Jill? Jill! Ugh she is daydreaming again.." The Cyan Unicorn rolled his eyes a bit and leaned on the bar top.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me, but I was passing out towards the end of this Chapter. I hope that all those faithful to the story will remain so. Please don't hate me for mistakes, and understand I like constructive Criticism. As always Thank you for the favs, and all the Thumb ups. You are all too kind. (I came back and re-edited my chapter. As I said I was falling asleep and accidently made certain things to fast.)