• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 334 Views, 0 Comments

Revenge - Thunder_Strike



Life is not always easy

  • ...
 0
 334

Chapter 2


Thunder Strike found himself in a dark, black room. There was no scenery, just pure darkness. He uncurled from his sleep and stood up, looking around. This place was not normal and he definitely didn’t like it one bit. Strike looked around for a bit, searching for a way out, and from the darkness he heard something, or somepony, calling his name.
“Strikey…Strikey dear it’s okay, don’t be afraid. Mummy’s here for you”
He heard the smooth soft sound of his mother’s voice and turned around and saw his mother and father standing together at the end of the dark corridor.
“Mum! Dad!” he started galloping towards them faster than he ever had in his life, but something didn’t add up. He kept galloping towards them, but the closer he tried to get, the further away they seemed to be.
“Come here son, you don’t have to worry anymore; you’ll be safe with us!”
“Listen to your father dear, come now don’t you want to be with us?”
He galloped harder and faster into the dark corridor. The only sound that could be heard was that of his hooves hitting the ground, and his parent’s voices echoing throughout the hall.
“I can’t get to you mummy! Please! Come here!” Strike yelled out to them, and he started to sob as he kept galloping, never getting closer to them.
“Oh whats the matter son? C’mon you can do it, almost there now”
“Yes dear, so close! Don’t give up now, keep galloping!”
He did just that, and they finally started to get closer and closer. Strike stopped sobbing seeing this, and a grin spread across his face.
“Mother! Father! I’m coming! Stay there don’t move!”
He was so close now. They reached out their hooves preparing to hug him, preparing to be a happy family once more. He jumped for them but when he got there, when he finally reached their arms, they disappeared into dust and he was left alone in the darkness once more.
“Mother? Father? Where did you go! Come back!”
He started to cry again as he sat down. Why did they leave him when he was so close?
“They never loved you…”
Another voice came from the darkness. This one sounded dark and haunting as it echoed across the nothing.
“None of them…”
“Where are you! Who are you! Who’s there? Where’s mummy? Where’s dad!”
“Hmhmhm…little foals and there questions”
The voice grew louder, but there was nopony to be seen, it was just Strike.
“Never loved you, they never cared! Why else would they let you be taken away to a place like this hmm?”
“My parents do love me! They always will and have! I know it because daddy and mummy both tell me all the time!” he started yelling at the voice, choking up every now and then from the tears.
“That’s not true, they don’t love you! You were nothing but a little mistake! After all, who would love a Pegasus who can’t even fly? Hahaha. Looks like poor little Thunder Strike has struck out!”
Almost immediately after saying this, the ground gave way below him. Strike felt the feeling of plummeting down, the air hit his face and he started to panic. He flapped his wings trying as hard as he could to try and fly up but it didn’t work, he just kept falling into darkness. the voices didn’t take long to return to him.
“They never loved you…Never will…Nothing but a mistake…you can’t even fly! You’re a failure”
“Stop! Please just stop!”
Strike started to cry again, he stopped flapping his wings, it was pointless anyway. The voice appeared one last time, only this time it was very loud and almost sounded demonic.
“Looks like it’s the end of the road for you young thunder!”

“AHHHHHH! MUMMY! DAD!”
Thunder Strike sat immediately upright, calling out to his mum and his dad repeatedly. There was a loud knock on the door and a voice from behind it.
“Shut the hell up! I’m trying to concentrate in here! Keep going on like that and ill come in there and GIVE you something to cry about!”
He reduced his screams and noticed that he was back in the small room. His forehead was sweating and he was shaking a little.
“I..it was j…just a nightmare…”
He picked himself off the floor and headed towards the door. He was about to knock on it but he heard more muffled speaking so he decided to sit and listen.
“Razor! Any word from that colts parents about handing over the land yet?”
“Blue, you know I’d prefer to be called dark…and no, not yet. They are being as stubborn as they always have been.”
“Did you even check the location they were meant to leave the agreement dark?”
“Yes sir, I did. Nothing. We’ve been trying to get this land from them for so long! I’m beginning to forget why you want it so badly in the first place…”
“Because! I’m led to believe that they are sitting right on top of a gem mine! Can you imagine what would happen if we got all those gems? We’d make millions!”
“Oh…I do like the sound of that!...but if that’s all we need why did I have to take that colt?” Dark began to feel a little puzzled. To him, if all they needed was the land what was the point in take Thunder Strike away?
“Because we need him for a bit of an…exchange…if you will. I’ve asked many, MANY times to even at least have an excavation of the land and see if there’s anything there but they simply refused! Something about it being special or some crap like that. To be honest I couldn’t care less, I just want those gems. I don’t know how many times I’ve explained this but I’ll do it one more time, so I don’t want to hear you ask about it again. They agree to hand over their land in exchange for little Thunder Strike in there, or if they disagree, bad things will happen. VERY bad things.”
Strike pulled away from the door and fell back. The things he had just heard were a bit too much for him to comprehend. He did not know what they meant by “Special land” or the “Gem mine” under his parents farm, all he knew was that these ponies certainly did not have good intentions, and he wanted to see his parents again. He got up and shook off the bad feelings that he had, he may have been little and he may not of had his Cutie Mark or been able to fly, but he was rather smart. Strike knocked on the door fairly loudly so he could get their attention.
“Excuse me…uhh..anypony? I really, REALLY need to use the bathroom!”
He sat by the door and soon enough, the familiar annoyed tone of Blue came from the other side.
“Does it sound like I care?”
“But please I really need to, I don’t think I can hold it in much longer!”
There was some muffled arguing that occurred from the other side of the door, before finally Strike heard the sound of the door unlocking.
“Okay, follow Dark, and don’t you dare try anything stupid you hear me!”
He grabbed Strike and pushed him violently through the door, muttering curses under his breath as he shut it, and slumped down on a solitary chair that sat in the corner.
Thunder Strike trotted behind Dark for about 2 minutes, weaving through corridors that seemed to have no end. There was close to no lighting at all, and the scenery from the walls never changed from the same old stone. There was one wall that had a little indent in it, but that’s about the most that changed.
“Okay, It’s in there, now Hurry up! I haven’t got all bloody day!”
Dark threw the young colt into a room and closed the door behind him. Strike picked himself up and dusted himself off, examining the room that he was pushed into. The room wasn’t much bigger than the cell he was locked in, the only exception really was the toilet and sink. Strike rubbed his head and sat down on the toilet, he was rather surprised that they were stupid enough to believe his lie. He looked closely for any signs or ways that he could get out, and go back home, but there didn’t seem to be any options.
“Damn it kid, will you hurry up in there! You’re beginning to waste my time!”
He heard the muffled yelling of Dark from outside, and it gave him an idea. He was not sure if it would work or how it would play out, but it was worth a shot.
“I..im done, you can open the door now please?”
“Do it yourself, I’m not here to be your slave!”
“I can’t reach it! I’m too small!”
There were more annoyed grunts and mutters, and the door was swung open to reveal the black stallion standing behind it.
“Hurry up, don’t step out of line either”
He started to trot back towards the cell, through the dark corridors making no sound. He kept pace with dark, trotting up ahead of him until he stopped in his tracks.
“What are you doing? Get a move on!”
Strike sat there and shook his head.
“It’s not an option! Hurry up and move or I’ll knock you out cold and take you back myself!”
“I don’t want to move! I saw something in the dark; it was big and hairy looking and weird!”
Strike sat there and pretended to shake of fear, looking back at Dark with a genuinely scared expression.
“There’s nothing there! Stop being so stupid and get a move on!”
“No I did I really did see it!”
Strike started to tear up and whined a little, covering his eyes with his hooves and lying on the ground. Dark got angry and trotted up ahead of him into the hallway and started ranting on about how there was nothing there. Strike saw this opportunity and quickly ducked into the indent in the wall, he covered himself up as much as he could with his mane and tail and tried to blend into the dark. He felt his heart start to beat really fast and he steadied his breathing. Dark finished talking and turned around to find that Thunder was gone, he was angry and confused at the same time, how could he be so foolish to let the little colt get away in such a short amount of time.
“Oh now you’ve gone and done it you little shit! You’ve been nothing more than trouble since we found you!”
Dark hit the wall with his hoof and Strike heard it shatter slightly, hearing Darks strength made his heart beat go much faster and he began to sweat and shake.
“I’m going to find you…there’s nowhere you could of gone that I can’t find, and when I do there will be hell to pay, a good little colt would of heeded our warnings but now you’re gonna get it! Just you wait until I find you!”
Dark started looking around, every corner of every wall, looking along cracks in the ceiling that Strike could have been able to fit through, all the while mumbling threats about what he’d do the colt if he found him. Strike heard him getting closer and his heart starting beating so fast you could hear I if you listened. He pushed himself as far into the wall indent as he could, but his tail slipped and fell out. Dark kept trotting slowly along the wall searching up and down, as he was trotting along he felt something tangled and soft under his hoof, unlike the floor itself. This was followed by a small whimpering sound, almost unrecognizable due to the little noise it made, but it was enough for Strikes position to be revealed.
“Oh I’ve got you now little colt, there’s nowhere for you to go now”
Dark slowly headed towards the indent where Strike was hiding and he could hear his breathing, it was rather unsteady. Strike saw him getting closer and made a quick decision that would either work or be the end of him. He faced himself against the wall so that his tail was facing Dark.
“Cowering is not going to help you no-“
Strike bucked Dark in the snout as hard as he possibly could, and there was a loud cracking sound.
“AHH YOU LITTLE SHIT!”
Dark grabbed his snout and felt the blood trickle down his arm, he took a few steps back and stumbled over his tail, falling and cracking his head on the wall. Strike opened his eyes and turned around slowly to see Dark lying unconscious against the wall, a small pool of blood hat formed around him from where Strike bucked him. He stared open mouthed at the Stallion, shocked that he was able to hit him with that much force. Strike snapped out of it, he knew that he didn’t have a lot of time left to get out of there and he wanted to go home, he hadn’t eaten or drank much since yesterday morning and he was beginning to feel a little weak. Strike galloped down the corridor, desperately searching for a way out. It was very dark and he couldn’t see very well, but he managed to keep going, it would only be a matter of time before Blue found Dark in the corridor unconscious and he wasn’t going to stay around for that to happen. He kept galloping as fast as he could until he tripped and hit his head against something sharp, sending his vision spiralling and giving him a slight headache. He groaned in pain as he waited for his vision to return to normal and realised that he had tripped on a step leading upwards towards a doorway with a small amount of light emitting from it. Thunder smiled a little and raced as fast as he could up the stairs. As he got to the top he heard the voice of Blue, echoing down the corridor, screaming out to him. His smile faded and he pushed the door but it wouldn’t budge, it was locked. Blue Horn soon appeared at the bottom of the staircase and stared up at the young colt at the top.
“Well, looks like somepony didn’t listen to a word I said, didn’t they?”
He began to slowly step up the staircase, trying to intimidate Thunder who was furiously trying to shake the door open.
“What part of don’t try anything stupid didn’t you understand hmm? And don’t think because you got past Dark you’ll get past me! To be honest his strength far outweighs his smarts, it doesn’t surprise me you got by him.”
“Leave me alone! Just let me go home!”
Strike had given up on trying to open the door and was now backed up against it, trying desperately to get away from the unicorn. By now Blue had made it to the top of the staircase and was staring down at the colt.
“Oh well, it all could of ended differently, but it looks like we’ll have to get that farm a different way. I’m going to enjoy putting a hoofmark in the back of your head!”
Strikes eyes started to tear up again. He watched blue raise one of his hooves.
“Goodnight forever little colt!”
He lashed out at Thunder, but missed as Thunder pushed himself onto the ground covering his eyes. There was a loud crashing sound and thunder uncovered his eyes to see that Blues hoof had reduced the door to splinters. Strike made a quick decision and jumped out of the door. He pushed through the vines and found himself in the dark gloomy depths of the Everfree.
“COME BACK HERE, IM NOT LETTING YOU LEAVE HERE ALIVE!”