• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 334 Views, 0 Comments

Revenge - Thunder_Strike



Life is not always easy

  • ...
 0
 334

Chapter 1

The sound of a young colt’s laughter filled the crisp morning air, and the sun’s rays beamed down through the tree of which he played. A young Pegasi, who didn’t look much older than the age of 5, was running around, circling the tree holding up a Wonderbolts figure in one of his hooves, making it flip through the air and do all sorts of tricks. The young Pegasus had a black mane, a black tail and a light grey coat, his golden-honey shaded eyes glistened in the sun as he continued to play and frolic. Being the young colt he was, he had yet to attain a Cutie Mark, but that was the least of his worries because he was happy and content with the way he already was. He lived on a farm near the outskirts of Ponyville with his two parents, his father, Rain Strike and mother Cloud Strike. The sound of the laughter and play was interrupted by a smooth and calming voice calling out to him from the porch of their home.
“Strike, Strikey dear, breakfast is ready, come eat it while it’s warm!”
The young colt looked up from his toy towards where the voice was coming from, and noticed his mother standing on the porch, calling him over. He sat his figure in one of the tree branches and galloped over towards her, giving his little wings a flitter every now and then to attempt to run faster, he could fly if he wanted to, but he wasn’t very strong at it. He never really was. He reached the porch and jumped towards his mother, hugging her before trotting inside, panting slightly. He entered the dining area where a bowl of warm porridge sat on a table, it looked and smelled good to him, like Cloud’s cooking usually did. He sat down and started eating it immediately, but he didn’t think about how hot it would be and ended up burning his tongue.
“Ow! Mum you didn’t say the porridge would be so…burny and hot!”
he glanced across the table where his mother had sat and looked at her with a sense of blame in his eyes.
“Now, now Thunder dear, you must be more careful! Here, look, just blow on it a little like this…”
She took the spoon from him and blew gently at the porridge on it, then handed it back looking at him with a warm motherly like smile.
“Oh…thankyou”
He pushed the spoon into his mouth once more, and was able to bear it this time. It wasn’t long before he had finished the entire bowl and stared back up at Cloud, smiling with porridge around his mouth as he pushed the empty bowl towards her.
“All done! Can I go and play outside now? Please!?”
“Yes Strike dear you can go play outside again, just remember to be careful and try not to get too dirty, you’ll want to look nice for when your father gets home!”
“Okay mum, don’t worry I won’t get too muddy and dusty!”
He trotted up to his mother and hugged her once more before heading back out to the tree to play.

He wasn’t outside playing for long before a black coated earth pony with a grey mane, red eyes and a scar across his face noticed him, and jumped right over the fence of their farm proceeding to trot up to him. His voice was deep and rather sinister, and it was clear that he wasn’t any normal passer-by.
“Hello young colt, what are you doing all the way up here on your own hmm?”
Thunder looked up at this new stallion and lowered one of his ears, slightly startled at the ponies appearance. He held up his Wonderbolts figure and gave it a little shake.
“Playing with your toy hmm? Well that sounds like fun, would you mind if I joined in?”
The young colt lowered his toy and continued to stare at the stallion.
“C’mon, there’s no need to be so quiet, tell me young colt, what is your name? You have a nice place out here don’t you? Come now, you don’t have to worry you can trust me!”
The black stallion looked down at the colt and grinned, but there was something about his grin that didn’t seem normal. Regardless of this, Thunder spoke anyway.
“My mother told me that I shouldn’t talk to strangers and that it was best that I stayed far away from them.”
His face frowned as he looked at the Stallion in front of him, who seemed to be getting slightly frustrated with the young colt refusing to talk properly to him. The black stallion saw that Thunder wasn’t going to talk to him so he formulated another plan to try and get him to speak.
“Oh it’s okay, I am a friend of your fathers, we used to know each other when we were little. I’m just dropping in to see if he is home”
“My dad’s not here right now, he’s out buying seeds from another farm…the one with the apple trees! But my mum is in the house, you can say hello to her if you want to mister”
The grey colts face brightened up slightly. If this pony knew his dad, he couldn’t be a stranger. He must have been trustworthy.
“No its okay, I don’t need to see your mother. Your father sent me here to take you to the other farm to show you something”
“Oh really? Cool! I should go tell mum first though so she doesn’t think I’ve run off!”
He was about to turn around and gallop back to the house but he was stopped by the black stallion.
“You don’t have to tell your mother we are leaving, I’m sure your dad has already told her about it! C’mon you can take your toy with you and we’ll head right off!”
The grey Pegasi felt a sense of security around this new pony, everything he said made sense to him but then again, he wasn’t really old enough to understand anyway. The Black pony started trotting back the way he came, ushering the little Pegasi to follow him.
“what’s your name mister?”
He followed the black stallion close behind, still grasping the Wonderbolts toy.
“My name? we’ll most Ponies I’ve come across call me Dark, so I’ve kind of adopted that name to use as my own.”
He jumped back over the fence and turned around to face Thunder
“C’mon what are you waiting for? Fly over and let’s keep going, don’t want to keep your father waiting now don’t you?”
“Well umm…Dark, I can’t uhh…I can’t fly”’
He flapped his wings as fast as he could, but it was a meagre effort and nothing came out of it, he just stayed on the ground. He looked past the fence and frowned at Dark, there weren’t many Pegasi his age he knew that couldn’t fly.
“Ughh fine, I’ll help you over!”
he jumped the fence once more and cupped his hooves in front of him.
“Okay, now just step onto my hooves, and I’ll lift you over!”
He managed to put on a fake smile, trying to give the young colt some reassurance.
“Uh…okay then…”
The colt slowly stepped onto his hooves and rested his free front hoof onto Darks shoulder.
“So now what happe- WAAAH!”
Thunder was thrust into the air. He panicked a little and flapped his wings but it still did nothing, and he landed on the dirt road on the other side of the fence with a thud, his Wonderbolt toy however, did not make it over with him and it buried itself into the grass alongside the fence.
“ohh…my head! Oh and I’m all dusty too! Mother said that I should look clean for when I see dad!”
He began to pout and watched the earth pony jump over the fence once more.
“And where’s my toy?! I think it landed on that side over there, could you get it for me?”
“You don’t need the toy where we are going, now hurry up! That thing your father wanted to show you will be gone soon and you won’t get to see it! So hurry along and keep up!”
He spoke in a harsh tone, and as his normal voice always made him sound slightly agitated, there was quite a distinct difference when he was annoyed.
“Oh…sorry Dark, I’ll try to keep up”
“Good! I don’t want to hear another word from you until we get there either!”
Dark started to trot at a pretty fast speed, and because he was so big compared to little Thunder Strike, the colt had to pretty much gallop to try and catch up to him. They trotted along the road for a very long time, and the sun was beginning to set by the time they had reached the end of the road, which stopped at the entrance of a rather dark and gloomy forest.
“Well, here we are. End of the road!” Dark looked down upon the little colt, who was starting to look tired.
“I don’t get it…there’s nothing here, where’s dad?”
He started to get a bit worried, and he felt sick and exhausted, mainly because they had been trotting all day and he hadn’t eaten since breakfast.
“I’m a little hungry too, can we go home now?”
Dark laughed somewhat malevolently at the young colts remark and turned to him with a grin.
“I’m afraid you won’t be seeing home for quite some time now young Thunder”
As he heard this, Strikes attention immediately turned from his stomach and focused straight on what was going on. He was no longer sick of hunger, but sick with worry and concern, he began to slowly back up.
“What do you mean I won’t see home again for a long time? Why not? It’s just back along that road right?”
“Hahaha, silly colt, you haven’t figured anything out yet haven’t you? This is the end of the road for you! You can kiss your little childhood and life goodbye, from now on you will be our pawn on the chessboard! I’m afraid you won’t be able to see where we go from now on, so why don’t you be a good little Foal and stay still, this won’t hurt for long.”
“W..w..what are you talking about miste-“
Dark turned around and bucked into Strikes head, not hard enough to cause any permanent damage, just enough to knock him out cold for a while. A satisfied smile spread across his face as he placed the limp body across his back and headed into the forest.
Hours went by, and Strike finally started to regain consciousness. His head was throbbing, and when he opened his eyes, there was nothing but more darkness. It was cold, dark and he was feeling very scared, and dizzy. The stress from this situation made him feel like throwing up, but he managed not to. He slowly regained his ability to hear, and although it was muffled and unclear, he managed to make out most of what the voice was talking about, but this time there was more than one voice, and the others were not familiar in the slightest.
“Wow I can’t believe I talked him into getting here that easily”
“Oh shut up Dark, there’s nothing worth bragging about he’s a child for bucks sake! It’s easy to convince them to do anything!”
“So what do we do now, do we just wait for them to come looking for us or what?”
“You fool! I swear sometimes you’re no smarter than the foals we take! Alas what we do now is wait for them to find the note, send one back to us agreeing, they can have their little colt back and we get what we want, understand!?”
“Well, yes I do except there’s one slight problem with that…” Dark grinned at the other pony stupidly and held out a piece of paper. “I may of forgot to place…it there…”
“YOU IDIOT! IS THERE ANYTHING YOUR RELIABLE FOR BESIDES A COVER UP!? NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT YOU’D PROBABLY BUCK THAT UP SOMEHOW TOO!”
Strike heard a cracking sound, like somepony had been hit over the head with something, then he heard the distinct sound of a door unlocking and a pony trotted into the room.
“Wake up, might as well feed you if you’re going to be of any use to us now!”
He trotted over to the Strike and hit his side, rolling him onto the floor. He leant over and took off the blindfold. The light cut into Strikes eyes like a razor.
“ughh…its so bright!”
“Shut up! I don’t care about you or your wellbeing. As soon as you parents surrender your farm to us you can return to them, and as long as you don’t be stupid and be a good little Colt you will be safe, and unharmed. That’s the deal okay, no if’s, ands or buts about it. Not that you get a choice anyway.”
Strikes eyes became adjusted to the light, and he found himself sitting in a small room. There was a bed in the corner, using torn rags as blankets and a square of wood covered in some old dirty fabric as a pillow. There were pipes running along the roof and a single light that flickered on and off hung loosely from the ceiling. In the middle of it all stood a tall Unicorn with a dark blue coat, brown eyes and for what scraps of hair remained a completely white mane. This new pony pushed a plate with a few pieces of bread and a bowl of water towards him.
“Now eat up, can’t have you dyeing on us! No, that would be terrible, wouldn’t it?”
A malevolent grin spread across his face, and a feeling of accomplishment overcame him.
“W..who are you? Where am i? Where is my mother, and father?”
The little colt became overwhelmed with fear and worry, he was hungry, afraid, and cold. He looked up to the dark blue Unicorn and his eyes welled up with tears.
“Ughh…Little foals and their questions!”
The Unicorn bought his hoof up to his face and shook his head.
“My name is Blue Horn; you are in a secret location deep within the underground of the Everfree, and as for your father and mother? Well like I said, once we get somepony reliable around here to deliver this message and they agree you may see them again, and live a happy life without fear of meeting us again. Should you choose to do something stupid then you and your parents might have a little…unexpected accident that nopony will be able to prevent.”
Blue laughed to himself and walked out the door, but before he shut and locked it he turned around to face Thunder once more.
“We will have no more questions, don’t go complaining or bitching to any of us here either; it’s annoying enough that we even have to keep an eye out on you”
The last thing Thunder heard was Blue Horns annoyed grunts as he pushed the door, closing and locking it, from then on it was just him, and the small room. Strike was tired and hungry, so he ate the stale tasting bread and curled up in a ball on the mattress, where he cried himself to sleep.