• Published 15th Nov 2012
  • 1,878 Views, 65 Comments

My Little Senshi - sister_mike



Twilight discovers that she is the reincarnate of a solider from a different world

  • ...
6
 65
 1,878

Chapter 5: The Elements of Harmony

Chapter 5

The Elements of Harmony

"So, because our other main trait is magnified in our everyday lives, and gets stronger and stronger as we're reborn, that's why Fluttershy is so shy and incredibly kind—and essentially the exact opposite of a killing machine?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes," Rarity said, "that's why it came so much as a shock to you when I told you it is she that is Saturn."

"Hotaru was always very kind and sweet though, from what I remember," Twilight said.

"Yes, she was. She was also one of Small Lady's closest friends," Rarity said. "Although I may have neglected my duties as a senshi in my pony form, I have always made sure to be close acquaintances with whichever pony form Saturn was in."

The three friends were on their way to Sweet Apple Acres. Rarity had done her best answering Rainbow Dash's questions about the sailor soldiers and their past lives.

"After she had used her powers a few times, the other outer senshi and I felt the need to adopt her and take her under our wing. Saturn is the only sailor solider who is reborn after using her powers, and is the only one who can use her powers while not in senshi form," Rarity explained.

"So I guess another pro to not awakening her, is then Fluttershy wouldn't be reborn again," Twilight said, "and we wouldn't lose her as a friend."

"Or an Element," Rarity said. "I'm not quite sure what would happen to the Elements of Harmony, should Saturn be reawakened."

"There's a lot I still don't remember. This is all so weird, having all of these flashbacks suddenly. I thought they were just the odd dream now and then," Rainbow Dash said.

"I started having them quite frequently," Twilight said, "and don't worry; I still don't remember a lot either. But it's starting to come back quicker and quicker."

"I think part of the reason you weren't having as frequent dreams as Twilight, Rainbow Dash, is that you've lost touch with the part of your everyday life that was a priestess. In many of your past civilian forms, you've been a priestess; but that is a trait that did not carry over into your pony form, what so ever," Rarity said, with a bit of a laugh.

"Yeah, I've seen flashbacks of you in a special attire, Rainbow," Twilight said. She then started to laugh, "But the thought of you as a priestess is one that I can't take too seriously."

"Me neither," Rainbow Dash said, joining in with the laughter.

"In a sense, it's almost as though our main traits, aside from our senshi powers, have become the Elements of Harmony," Twilight said slowly.

"What do you mean Twilight?" Rarity asked.

Twilight was surprised Rarity hadn't thought of it on her own. She couldn't help but feel a little pride in being the first to discover something related to their senshi and reborn lives before Rarity did.

"Well, think about it," Twilight said, "The Elements of Harmony are Kindness, Loyalty, Laughter, Honesty, Magic and Generosity. Fluttershy's eternal soul has always been kind. Even though she is the soldier of Ruin and Rebirth, her other strongest quality is kindness.

"Rainbow Dash, you've always been loyal to the princess, and to the cause. And here, in Ponyville, you've always had a no-nonsense type of personality when it comes to the princesses' honor and when it comes to protecting Equestria. Your loyalty has been magnified into one of the strongest powers to protect Equestria.

"Rarity, I know you said that in all of your reborn pony lives, you've tried to have very social lives, because of your past loneliness. But that's not the trait of you that's been magnified. It's generosity. Think about it; in your past, you were generous to give up all of your time, your friends, family, whatever, to stand alone and protect the Gates of Time and Space. And now, although you are no longer lonely, that generosity is still a big part of who you are. Although at times you can be frivolous and a bit demanding—which was all an act of your pony identity, I can see that now—you're one of the most generous ponies I know.

"It's the same with me. Yes, smarts is my trait, but in this pony world, it's been translated as magic. Magic is a very high level of intelligence. Pinkie Pie's trait of optimism has been translated into the Element of Laughter. You said so yourself Rarity, that in her other everyday past lives, Pinkie's optimism turned into happiness and silliness."

"And Lita has always been honest. Her loyalty was translated into the Element of Honesty, because whereas Rae was brashly loyal, Lita tried to keep peace in the group as well," Rarity said quietly.

"Lita?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Applejack," Twilight explained, "Sailor Jupiter."

"Jupa-what now?"

Twilight turned to see Applejack standing to her left, a cart of apples harnessed to her. Twilight hadn't realized they had reached the farm. Big Mac gave Twilight a perplexed look, one that mirrored the one on Applejack's face.

"Twilight was just telling us stuff about the planets," Rainbow Dash said. She landed on the ground beside Twilight, "Right Twi?"

"Right," Twilight said, "Anyways, Applejack, do you think we could talk to you for a second?"

"Sure," Applejack said. Big Mac unharnessed the apple cart. "I'll be back to put those apples away."

Rarity led the group into the barn. She closed the doors behind them. The three ponies stared at Applejack, who was starting to look a little flustered.

"Y'all want to tell me what's going on?"

"Have you been having any strange dreams lately... Lita?" Rainbow Dash asked. She stepped forward and stared at Applejack, an inch from her face. Applejack frowned.

"No need to go all middle-name on me," Applejack said, "And I've been sleepin' just fine, if that's what you're askin'."

"Middle name?" Twilight asked.

"My middle name is Lita," Applejack said, "Though I'm not sure who told y'all. Was it Apple Bloom?"

"It was just a guess actually," Rainbow Dash said.

"A guess? How in the hay can you guess somepony's middle name?" Applejack asked.

Twilight and Rarity looked at each other. They then exchanged a look with Rainbow Dash.

"Applejack, we have something we need to talk to you about."


"So what you're trying to tell me, is that I'm some sorta warrior, who's been livin' and relivin' for the past thousands of years? And now I need to fight again?" Applejack asked.

"Yes," Twilight said.

"And that y'all are these eternal warriors too?" Applejack asked.

"Yes," Twilight said, as Rarity nodded vigorously.

Applejack glanced over at Rainbow Dash, as though whether to determine or not if the whole thing was a joke. Rainbow Dash just stared back at her with a serious look.

"I'm just as confused about this as you are," Rainbow Dash said finally, "but it's no joke."

"I know it's a lot to take in, Applejack; I just learned everything myself a few hours ago," Twilight said.

"So wait, then who are y'all again?" Applejack asked, as she scratched her head.

"I am Sailor Mercury, Rainbow Dash is Sailor Mars, and Rarity is Sailor Pluto," Twilight said.

"And y'all were just told earlier this mornin' about it too?"

"Well, not exactly..." Twilight said. She glanced over at Rarity.

Rarity sighed. "I've known the whole time. One of my past directives was to guard the Gates of Time and Space. Because of this, I've always known who I truly am."

"Well that's not really fair," Rainbow Dash said with a huff.

"As an outer senshi, my task during the Silver Millennium was to guard the moon from external attacks. As you three were part of the inner senshi, your task was to guard the princess herself," Rarity explained. "Eventually, I also took on the role of Keeper of Time."

"Who are the other outer senshi?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Saturn is Fluttershy, and as you know, she cannot be awoken," Rarity said.

"Why not?" Applejack asked.

"Sailor Saturn is the Sailor of Ruin and Rebirth. If she is unleashed, everything will be destroyed," Rarity said, "We cannot speak of this in front of Fluttershy."

"But she's one of the Elements of Harmony. How are we supposed to defeat this King Sombra without having Fluttershy around?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Fluttershy will be coming with us to the Crystal Empire. We're going to use the Elements of Harmony to defeat King Sombra; it's only if they fail that the princesses want us to use our senshi powers," Rarity explained.

"I thought you knew nothing of the princesses' plans?" Twilight asked, a slight edge in her voice. Rarity turned to her, her hooves up in defense.

"It's just a speculation, I just thought of it now," Rarity said in defense.

"Who are Uranus and Neptune? One of 'em Pinkie Pie?" Applejack asked, "I'm startin' to get the feel that whoever's one of these 'Sailor Soldiers' is related to an Element."

"Uranus and Neptune are dead. They did not survive our last battle as Sailor Soliders," Rarity said.

"Pinkie Pie is Sailor Venus. She was our captain in protecting Princess Serenity," Twilight explained.

"So we have to go tell Pinkie next?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight and Rarity shook their heads.

"We've already told her," Twilight said. She sighed. "She didn't take it well."

"Venus has always been the first to be awoken. Her soul is tired of fighting, and now it is in denial," Rarity explained.

"What about Sailor Moon?" Rainbow Dash. She said the name uncertainly, as though she wasn't sure she remembered it correctly.

"Sailor Moon, or Princess Serenity, or, Neo-Queen Serenity—however you remember her—is Princess Luna," Rarity said.

"Is she coming to the Crystal Empire too? Is she going to fight alongside us?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No. She and Princess Celestia are staying in Canterlot. They no longer wield the Elements of Harmony, so it is up to us," Twilight said.

"Who's Princess Celestia?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Queen Serenity. She is, technically, Luna's mother. In this world, they created their identities so that they are sisters. Princess Cadance is Small Lady, or Neo-Princess Serenity—Luna's daughter," Rarity explained.

"Sailor Mini-Moon?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes," Twilight said.

"Why don't the princesses just use the Silver Imperial Crystal to defeat King Sombra?" Rainbow Dash asked, again hesitating on the name 'Silver Imperial Crystal'.

"The princesses decided to break the crystal up, back into its original seven crystal form—like it was in the 21st century," Rarity explained, "And now those crystals have turned into the power of the Elements of Harmony."

"But there are only six Elements," Applejack said.

"Cadance mentioned something about there being a seventh Element," Twilight said. She began to pace. "She said it could be activated on its own."

"You think Cadance is the one who has the seventh Element then?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I'm not sure," Twilight said. She stopped and turned to Rarity. "Do you know anything about the seventh Element?"

"No, I honestly don't," Rarity said, "When we were first introduced to the Elements of Harmony, I had a feeling that they were part of the seven 'Rainbow Crystals', as you had called them in the 20th century. But then I was surprised that there were only six, and that the Elements worked with six. Since I did not want to blow my cover of knowing who I really was, I never questioned the princesses about them."

"The more I think about it, the more it seems like the princesses broke up the Silver Imperial Crystal so that we would be the ones to use its power. It can't just be a huge coincidence that the Elements of Harmony are the traits that are strongest within us," Twilight said.

"Why wouldn't the princesses want the power of the crystal anymore?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it had something to do with Princess Luna turning into Nightmare Moon," Twilight said, "It was with defeating her that we first used the Elements. The more I think about it, the more I feel like the princesses left a lot of things unanswered and unexplained. And almost as though they did it on purpose."

"Why wouldn't just Celestia and Cadance use the crystal then, to turn Nightmare Moon back? Anyone of the descendants of the Moon Kingdom can use the crystal," Rarity said.

"Or maybe..." said a small voice behind them, "Maybe they were tired of fighting. Just like me."