• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 1,839 Views, 221 Comments

Highschool and ponies - Deanbrony



Find out what amazing things that can come off, seeing deep into another persons eyes.

  • ...
22
 221
 1,839

Chapter 2.5 A bar and a raspy voice

Highschool and ponies

Chapter 2.5 A bar and a raspy voice
By Deanbrony



"Father... why do you appear now?
I'm over you leaving us. You should be but a distant memory. A slight fog in the back of my mind... wow I'm gettin' philosophic about this aren't I?" I said silently to myself. Confused and angered about the dream.

I walked down the big streets of Copenhagen seeing a mixture of Old romantic buildings and modern apartment buildings going 20 meters into the nice blue sky. I took a cigarette pack out of my pocket and lit a cigarette.
I took a long draw and exhaled with a big sigh, closing my eyes for a few moments to savor the nicotine my damn brain craved to relax.

I went over and sat down on one of the many stone benches that littered the streets and continued the much needed smoke.
It calmed my nerves. Made me able to think a little clearer.

The dream was just that. A dream. Focus on the date Mike. I thought to me-self and got the feeling, I needed a drink to calm down. I grinned and looked up to the sky. "It's been a long time since I have been there. Better quality check the place before I show it to Octavia." I let out a little chuckle afterwards and took of with the still burning the cigarette in my hand.

After about 15 minutes and another cigarette I looked at the smooth wooden facade of the best place in town 'The Blue Abyss'.

It was a simple two story building Made mostly of red bricks, with the entrance having this classy and almost shiny chestnut facade which gave a place, that didn't look so otherwise, very inviting.

I opened the heavy wooden door, thanking the owner internally, that this was a 24/7 establishment.


As I walked in the calm music flowed solemnly into my ears.

My eyes were met with a relaxing sea of blue and purple hues, coming from both lights as well as interior decorating. The place was filled with small tables and booths, for everyone who wasn't up for a dance.

As I walked up to the bar and sat down on one of the bar stools I had a small smile lingering on my lips. Looking a little about I was satisfied about suggesting formal clothing. I wouldn't come in tuxedo or anything, but a little bit of formality couldn't hurt right?
After about a minute, a woman in her mid 30's came out from a door behind the bar. I recognized her immediately.

"Gilda how have you been" I said in a friendly tone.
"Ohh I've been just fine,but..." she said with a tone of distress, as I was about to ask what was wrong, she began grinning and quickly leaned over the bar counter and bear hugged me, with her thin but surprisingly strong arms.

"I have been missing my favorite patron for TWO WHOLE MONTHS!!!" She exclaimed, while releasing my lungs for my much needed air.

"WELL 'cough'... it's good to be BAAAACK!" I said while being crushed by Gildas arms.
"Please... reLEEASE me." I said, now beginning to see a bright light at the end of a tunnel.

"Ohh sorry." She said as she released me, holding a sheepish expression. "So what can I get you this fine day?" She asked with the perfect business smile plastered on her lips.

"Gladnoch single malt, on the rocks." A very raspy voice said from behind me.

Startled, I swung around on the bar stool to see where the voice came from.

What I saw surprised me. A tall man in his late 20's sitting at the booth closest to the bar counter, smoking a pipe( Yes you're allowed to smoke freely in some bars in Denmark), His short dark hair combined with both a beard and a mustache, made him look older than he was( not that he sounded much younger).

"How did you know what I was going to order?" I asked, with a dumbfounded tone.

He let out a raspy low chuckle, which sounded a bit scary.
"I was ordering for myself. But in any case, you have a good taste in scotch."

Author's Note:

Yes I know this is really short and I have made more than up to this point.
But I think I'll have problems writing on in this particular chapter.
I promise there won't be a lot of chapters like this.
In the next one, the plot shall thicken and villains be addressed.

And please do write in the comments if this is understandable or unforgivable. As always I'll read every comment.

Also I need more time to think about how to use the cameo I have going. He will be named and credited in the next chapter.
Some people will know who it is instantly, but please if you do, don't write it in the comments.

I truly do hope I haven't pissed anypony off by doing this.

Thanks to SimplyOctavia for proof reading.