• Published 10th Nov 2012
  • 1,177 Views, 40 Comments

Darkness Abound - thefulkboy1

  • ...
3
 40
 1,177

5-Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash felt herself hit something, and she groggily opened her eyes. She was in some sort of room. It was dark, but she could tell by the rough surfaces that it was a room. Then it shook, jolting her awake. This wasn’t a room. It was a train cart.

Rainbow Dash stood but immediately fell again, she sight darkened for a few moments. When she fully regained consciousness, she heard a voice say, “You took a nasty blow to the head, Rainbow Dash. You should rest for a little bit.”

The pony glanced around the cart, trying to see into the darkness. But all she could see was emptiness. Hell, there probably wasn’t even anypony there. She was probably just imagining it.

Then the voice returned. “You probably don’t remember me, do you. Heh, I guess you wouldn’t.” The voice sounded female, but not like anyone she knew. “I’ve changed a lot. I can fight, Dash. So don’t try anything on me.”

“Who… are you?” Rainbow asked.

A light clicked on to reveal a yellow pony with a strawberry mane. She wore a gun harness, but not the same one the Rainbow Dash had. She also had a silver blade strapped to the harness.

It took her a minute, but Rainbow Dash finally recognized the pony. “Fluttershy?”

The pony smiled coldly. “That’s right, Rainbow Dash. I’m still alive.”

“But… what the hell is going on?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, pounding the floor of the cart with her hoof. “What happened to you? Where are we? Who was that cloaked pony?”

Fluttershy rubbed a hoof against her temple, an act she wouldn’t have done ten years ago. “Time did this to me, Dash. I’ve abandoned my job as caretaker and joined the Rebellion. We’re on our way to their headquarters right now. And I’ll let Stormfax explain everything else to you, once you calm down.”

“This is as calm as I’m going to get,” Rainbow Dash growled. “This ‘Stormfax’ has a lot of explaining to do.”

“Don’t worry, he’ll tell you everything you need to know. Later, of course. But now, you need to calm down and rest. I think we’re going to be here for a while.”