• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 530 Views, 2 Comments

The Road Not Easily Traveled. - Mes Amis



A sequel to 'Road Of Love'.

  • ...
 2
 530

Introducing The Rest

After countless hours of shopping in the infamous Canterlot shopping district, Scarlet and Rockslide returned to their dorm room but heard something in their bathroom.

"What could that be?" asked Slide.

"I don't know." Scarlet muttered as she grabbed the nearby poster container. Both of the mares slowly walked towards the bathroom door until suddenly the door opened abruptly, revealing a maroon stallion.

"AHHH!!!" the three ponies screamed in unison. Scarlet suddenly started beating the stallion with the container.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" the stallion cried. Finally the maroon bafoon grabbed the tube and took it away from Scarlet. "What the hay is wrong with you?" asked the bruised stallion.

"What are you doing here?" Slide asked.

"This is my room. Why are you two here?"

"This is our room." Scarlet rebutted. The three stood there in silence until Scarlet finally spoke. "I'm sorry that I attacked you."

"I-it's fine. I would panic too. My name is Simmons, what is your name?" he asked calmly.

"I'm Scarlet, and this is Rockslide."

"But you can call me Slide." Slide muttered.

"It's nice to meet you. So um..." Simmons trailed off as he saw Slide's posters. "Nice, you two like Armed To The Bone?"

"I love them!" Slide responded.

"I really don't care." Scarlet said as she walked over to her bedroom with her bags.

"Don't care? Why would you not care about these guys? They're practically the greatest band of this generation." Simmons declared rightly.

"But Dante is the worst brother ever." Scarlet muttered angrily.

"Why do you say that? Do you know him?"

"Of course I know him, I'm his little sister."

"Little sister?"

"Yes, she's Dante Wings's little sister Scarlet Wings." Slide answered.

"Please can we just drop this?" Scarlet asked angrily.

"But..."

"Just let it go Simmons. She really has something against her brother." Slide whispered.

Simmons sighed regrettably. "Alright. Well now that I think of it, where do I sleep?"

"Where else, the couch." Slide joked.

"Yeah Simmons, you're then new pony so you get the couch." Scarlet joined.

"You can't be serious." he muttered. Both Scarlet and Slide walked to their rooms and shut the door leaving Simmons alone. "Come on girls, you can't be serious."
_____________________________________________________________________

"Welcome to the Palace hotel and casino, how can I help you today." asked a white mare with a red mane.

"We have a reservation for two rooms." Said a red stallion with a yellow mane, reading a book in Italian.

"Name."

"Tricky Mick."

The receptionist looked through the records quickly before sitting back down. "Oh yes. We have a reservation for two rooms, two queen size beds and a bath in each room."

"Yes, that's it."

"Here you are, Mr. Mick. Have a pleasant stay." the receptionist said, giving Micky two key cards.

"Thank you." Micky said gladly, still reading.

"So Micky, you got the keys to the rooms yet?" Dante asked as he walked into the lobby with his luggage.

"Right here Dante."

"Great news. Now how 'bout ya two stop yapping help me with ya bags." Montana said as he carried four suitcases on his back.

"Where's Jason & Mitch?" Dante asked.

"Ah don' know. They were behind me a minute ago." Just then Mitch walks in muttering something to himself. "Where've ya been, and where's Jason?"

"Hitting on another mare way younger than him." Mitch muttered. "That wanker can only think with his prick, while the rest of us use our brain."

"Isn't that the truth." Micky said as he headed for the elevators.

"Come one let's get moving." Dante said as he took a suitcase off of Montana's back. The rest caught up to Micky before the elevator doors shut.
_____________________________________________________________________

"Morning Simmons." Scarlet greeted. He groaned in response. "What's wrong, you didn't sleep well?"

"No, I slept like a foal." he muttered sarcastically.

"Good to hear."

"So what's for breakfast?"

"What makes you think I'm going to make you breakfast?"

"Well you're a mare, so it's natural that you..."

"Simmons if you finish that sentence with what I'm thinking, I'll throw you out that window." Scarlet threatened.

"I was just gonna say that you'd be better at cooking than I would." Simmons said as he braced himself for the shattering of glass. Instead he was treated with a thank you.

After a good ten minutes, Slide had exited her room looking for food. "She sniffed the air and was pleased by the smell of eggs & pancakes. "Mmmmm, that smells delicious." she said entering the dinning room.

"Here's your share Slide. Eat up while it's hot." Scarlet said as she sat at the table.

"Scarlet, these pancakes are so fluffy. Did you put clouds in the batter?" Simmons asked, being a unicorn he believed pegasi could do such thing.

"Of course not. I just know when to flip them, that's all."

"Well if you did, I sure would believe you." Slide muttered just before eating another piece of the pancake.

The three ponies finished their meal, each washing their own dish. Scarlet noticed Slide practically exploding with excitement. "Slide, what's gotten into you? Did you have to much syrup?"

"I'm excited for tonight. I can't believe we're going to meet ATTB!" Slide squealed.

"Wait what? You're going to meet them tonight?" Simmons asked.

"Yeah, she won backstage passes for there show tonight." Scarlet answered. Suddenly she thought of something. "Hey Slide, how many passes did you win anyways?"

"They didn't say. Why?" Slide wondered.

"Can you see if you can get one for Simmons?"

"Wait, seriously?" he wondered.

"But there's a price." Scarlet added.

"How much? I'll pay anything." he practically yelled.

"It's not how much, more like how long." Scarlet said slyly.

"Huh?" Slide and Simmons uttered in unison.
_____________________________________________________________________

"Dove รจ quell'idiota?" Micky wondered, reading as always.

"English please, Mick." Montana replied as he placed another speaker in the right position.

"Preferably the Queen's if you don't mind." Mitch said smartassly.

"He's asking where Jason is." Dante translated as he tuned his guitar.

"Now how do ya know that?"

"I've been giving him Italian lessons, seeing as he wants to understand what I say half the time."

"Hey guys, how's it going?" Jason asked as he walked onto the stage.

"Still setting up no thanks to you, you git." Mitch growled.

"Sorry but I was seeing the sights."

"Yeah, strip clubs ain't really considered 'sights'." Montana pointed out.

"We can argue later. Since you're here help with the lights, will you?" Dante asked.

"Alright." Jason groaned.
_____________________________________________________________________

"The things I agree to for a chance to meet ATTB." Simmons muttered to nopony in particular.

"Look at the bright side, you're gonna meet your favorite band." Scarlet responded, stifling a laugh.

"So exactly how long am I suppose to be your butler?"

"It'll be a month for every band member you meet."

"You can't be serious." he said in disbelief.

"Oh but I am." Scarlet laughed evilly.

"I got them!" Slide yelled as she entered the dorm room.

"Great, now how about we get ready for the show?"
_____________________________________________________________________

"Is everything set?" Dante asked the band.

"Yeah."

"Check."

"Indubitably."

"Si."

"Alright, just an hour until show time. I'm going to go for a walk. Call me when the fans start getting here." Dante said as he left through the left stage exit.

During his walk Dante was approached by many fans, some young and some old. He was even offered a trip to the local bar, but he declined saying he has a show to put on very soon. He looked at the clock in the town center and decided to return to Canterlot University. Before he reached the backstage door, Dante saw three ponies waiting outside. One looking very familiar. Before he could call out to them, Montana had opened the door and found the three ponies standing there.
_____________________________________________________________________

"May ah ask what ya three are doin' here?" Montana asked politely.

Scarlet notice that neither Slide or Simmons were able to respond so she chose to do it herself. "We are here because my friend here won these." she said handing Montana the backstage passes.

"Ah see, well welcome. Ah'll introduce ya t' the rest of the fellows." he said as he ushered them inside. Before shutting the door, Montana noticed Dante hiding behind a bush. He was about to call out his name but Dante held his hoof as to say 'Don't do it.'. Of corse he complied.

"So may ah ask your names?"

"I-I'm Simmons Red."

"I-I'm Rockslide."

"And you ma'am?" Montana wondered.

"Scarlet." she said casually.

"Scarlet?" he said as if waiting for her last name.

"Montana who are you talking to?" Mitch asked as he walked over to find him with three more ponies. "Who are they?"

"Simmons Red, Rockslide, and Scarlet. They're fans who won these." Montana said handing the passes to Mitch.

"Well its nice to meet you three. I'm Mitchell The Stitch, and yes it is my real name." everypony then walked over to the room the band was sitting in. "The stallion reading is Tricky Mick, and the one drinking is Jason Mason. Guys this is Simmons Red, Rockslide, and Scarlet."

"Ciao." Micky said, eyes on the book.

"Hey." Jason said before downing his beer.

"Hello." Scarlet said while Slide and Simmons remained quiet.

"Take a seat anywhere you like." Mitch said as he walked over to the cooler. "Would any of you like a drink?"

Scarlet took a seat next to Micky. "No thank you."

Micky removed his eyes from his book and took a look at Scarlet, getting a good look before he returned his gaze to the book. "You're Dante's little sister, aren't you?" Micky whispered loud enough for Scarlet to hear him only.

"Excuse me?" Scarlet asked.

"You're Scarlet Wings, Dante's younger sister. He's mentioned you a lot when we started the band. Recently though he's stop talking about your family or even Ponyville. Did something happen while he was in town?" Micky asked worriedly.

"I think you've got me confused with some other mare, I don't have an older brother." Scarlet said as she looked away from him.

"I see. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable."

"Hey guys, I'm back." Dante said as he walked in the lounge. "Fans are crowding in as we speak. We should get ready while we can." he looked over to Micky and saw that familiar mare from outside. He was right when he guessed who it was. Dante grabbed his guitar and left the room without a word.

"Excuse us but weave a show to put on." Mitch said as he got up and left the room with Jason and Montana. Micky got up and looked at Scarlet and saw her eyes filled with anger. He knew what she was angry about. Micky left the room last and shut the door.

"He didn't even say it, that bastard."