• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 530 Views, 2 Comments

The Road Not Easily Traveled. - Mes Amis



A sequel to 'Road Of Love'.

  • ...
 2
 530

Welcome Back

"Come on Marcy, you don't want to keep Scarlet waiting do you?" Reda said to the little filly quickly approaching him.

"Why can't you carry me, Reda?" questioned the filly.

"We can't let the other students see me carrying you or they think I have favoritism. Now no more questions we have to get moving."

After running halfway through town, Reda and Marcy made it to Ponyville Station just as the train began to pull in.

"Big sis!" exclaimed Marcy. The young filly jump into her sister's tight embrace as Reda walked up beside them. "Do you really have to leave Sis?"

"I'm sorry Marcy but I have to if I want to get my degree faster. Don't worry I'll come back every chance I get, okay?"

"Promise?" Marcy asked sadly.

"I promise." Scarlet said holding her sister tighter. She then released Marcy and looked over to Reda. "Thank you for bringing Marcy here."

"Not a problem. Besides Marcy wouldn't stop bugging me about it during our breaks."

"Well thanks anyways. And um... I know the last month and a half haven't been exactly what I planned but I'm glad I got to know you Reda." Scarlet said as her face flushed a deep red.

Reda began to blush as well. "Actually I'm glad the last few weeks turned out this way, you besides all the problems 'he' caused. If you ever need any help with anything just ask and I'll try to help as best as I can."

Reda soon found his lips connected to Scarlet's and after a couple of seconds, they parted. "I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself."

"It's fine, actually I really liked it."

"You did?"

"Yeah, but... Not as much as I would like to be your coltfriend." Reda said awkwardly.

"I-I'd like that too." Scarlet replied.

"All aboard!" called the conductor.

"Oh I have to go. Marcy be a good filly okay?"

"Okay sis, I'll be good." Marcy said as she hugged Scarlet one more time.

"And Reda."

"Yes dear?" he replied like a smartass.

"Take care of my sister, okay?"

"As you wish, my love." he continued.

Scarlet laughed at his response. "I have to leave now, so goodbye. Tell my parents I say goodbye."

"Will do." Reda responded. Marcy and Reda stood at the station until the train washout of sight. Reda turned to Marcy and picked her up and put her on his shoulder. "Come on, let's get something to eat."

"Okay."
_____________________________________________________________________

Dante walked into the large dressing room fitted with three couches and a few coolers full of drinks, most of them alcoholic.

"Dante, come on man sit down and have a beer with us like we used to." Jason gestured.

"Come on Jason, leave him alone." said the stallion sitting next to him with his English voice.

"Don't be such a downer, Mitch. Now come on Dante, there's enough for everybody."

Dante just ignored Jason's remarks and sat in a chair across from the others. "Hey Micky, where's the next stop?" Dante asked the stallion reading a book in one hoof and a cold cola in the other.

"Canterlot University, Why?" asked Mickey in an Italian accent.

"Just checking." he responded.

"Why are you ignoring me, Dante?" Jason asked. "I thought you'd be glad to be back on the road, here with your closest of friends." Dante didn't even look at him. "Don't tell me you're sad because that tramp mare broke it off with you."

As soon as Jason finished his sentence Dante was in his face, both hooves around Jason's neck. "Don't you dare call her a tramp!" he yelled.

"Dante let him go!" cried Mitch as he tried to pull the two apart. "Micky help me get these two off each other."

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'Why?', these Dante is strangling Jason!"

"The fool asked for it. He knew how much that mare meant to Dante and he went ahead and called her a tramp."

"Dammit Micky!"

"Now what do we have here?" asked a brown stallion as he walked though the door.

"Montana, good grace. Help me get Dante off of Jason."

"Sure thing, boss." Montana mumbled as he pulled Dante away from Jason like they were a strip of Velcro.

"W-what the hell Dante!" Jason barked as he regained his breathe.

"You called his mare a tramp." Micky remarked, still reading his book.

"Didn't she leave you though, Dante?" Montana asked.

"It doesn't matter if she left him or not, there is no reason to attack each other." Mitch remarked. "What do you have to say Dante?"

"I'm going for a walk." Dante muttered as he walked out the door.
_____________________________________________________________________

"Here you go Ms. Wings." said the receptionist "Have a good day."

"Thank you." Scarlet said as she took the papers from the receptionist. Scarlet has been in Canterlot for only a few hours, most of the time spent reenrolling herself as a student. She was heading to her new dorm room and to meet her new roommates. Scarlet arrived at her dorm room, room 263. She opened the door and found nopony inside.

"Hello." she called.

*Thud*

"Ow!" cried a feminine voice. The owner of the voice soon came out of the restroom. She was a orange mare with cerulean eyes and a grey mane."Hey there."

"Hello. My name is Scarlet Wings, what's your name?" Scarlet questioned.

"My name is Rockslide, but you can call me Slide. It's nice to meet you Scarlet."

"Nice to meet you too, Slide." Scarlet replied, then she noticed something odd the Slide was doing. "Um Slide, are you okay?"

"I know I've heard the name Wings before but I can't put my hoof on it.

"I'm sure you'll remember later." Scarlet said as she began to unpack her luggage, Slide doing the same.

Scarlet looked over and saw Slide putting up a poster of a band. The poster read 'ATTB' and had a group of stallions lined up as if being in a criminal lineup.

Slide saw Scarlet staring at the poster. "This is my favorite band, and I would love to meet these two." Slide said as she pulled out another poster that had two stallions on it, one being Scarlet's brother.

"Will he ever leave me alone?" Scarlet asked rhetorically.

"Who?" Slide asked, then it finally dawned on her. "Oh my gosh, you're related to Dante Wings aren't you!?"

Scarlet sighed before she answered. "Yes. Dante is my older brother."

"OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh! What's he like? What's his favorite color? Whats his favorite hoofball team? Where does he live? Does he have a crush in anypony?"

"My brother is the complete opposite of what a good older brother would be like." Scarlet replied.

"Why do you say that?"

"He was never around for me when I needed him and he won't be around for our little sister either. He spends all his time with his band and not his family."

"Was he always like that?"

"He wasn't always like this. When I was a young filly he would take care of me and help with me anything."

"Are you sure he isn't the same stallion from back then?" Slide asked.

"That older brother of mine left when I was eight and never came back." Scarlet said mournfully.

"I'm sorry Scarlet, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories. I'll take these posters down if you want."

"No it's fine. If you really want those posters up, then by all means keep them up. Now that you know about Dante being my brother, it's not like I need to keep it a secret."

"Oh, Okay then." Slide responded. The rest of the day Scarlet and Slide spent getting to know each other.
_____________________________________________________________________

"Please Reda, come with us. Big sis would really like it if you'd come."

"Marcy, I'd love to join you but I have a job to do here. I just can't leave."

"Leave where Reda?" Asked Cheerilee.

"Marcy here wants me to go with her to Canterlot for her sister's birthday."

"When is it?"

"In two days." Marcy replied.

"So it's on Thursday?" Cheerilee wondered.

"Yes."Reda muttered.

"I think you should go." Cheerilee said.

"What?" he rebutted.

"It's only two days you'll be gone. I'll just give the kids free time instead of music class, so just go."

"Are you serious Ms. Cheerilee?" Marcy asked.

"I am."

"If it's okay with you then I guess I'll go." Reda said in defeat.
_____________________________________________________________________

"Scarlet! Scarlet! Scarlet!" Slide cried out as she ran through the front door.

"What is it Slide?" Scarlet asked calmly.

"I got backstage passes to tomorrow night's concert!"

"Really? Who's the band?" Scarlet asked excitedly

"It's your brother's band." Slide said not as energetic but still excited.

"Oh." Scarlet said disappointedly. "Slide I think you should take somepony else with you."

"No way. You're going with me no matter what."

"Slide I don't..."

"You're coming and that's that." Slide said with a forceful and demanding tone.

"Fine I'll go." Scarlet replied angrily.

"Great, now let's get going."

"Where?"

"Shopping of course!" Slide practically yelled.

"I'll get my saddlebag."