• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 4,520 Views, 44 Comments

Maybe I could... - Fat1thatyoulove



Twilights failed spell puts her in the life of a college freshmen...and in hers

  • ...
7
 44
 4,520

Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Afternoon

After a long and tedious day of test and projects that have almost no relevance to your major the small house that you call home looks like heaven. As you near your house you fiddle with your keys in your pocket anxiously wanting to open the door to your safe haven and forget today ever happened. As you near your door you have a strange feeling that something is wrong. You peer inside through the adjacent window. You notice your living room a mess and you hear a voice from behind the door, you can’t make out what the voice is saying. The first thought that comes to mind is the recent crime spike in your area; your next thought is how to arm yourself. You look around unable to find anything but a doormat and some leaves that have fallen off a nearby tree. After a few minutes of searching you convince yourself that the time spent playing call of duty and watching Chuck Norris movies has made you prepared for a moment like this. You build enough courage to turn the key and you charge into your house ready to face any threat. Your adrenaline filled body comes to a complete stop when you see a lavender colored pony better yet lavender colored unicorn standing in your living room! Your mind is swimming with no way to grasp what you’re looking at. But your confusion doesn't last long the pony lets out a high pitched yelp and a burst of what looks like a purple wall is rushed to you. You fall over to the ground knocked unconscious….

You awake what seem to be a few hours later with the pony looking down at you.

“Sorry sorry sorry” says the purple pony frantically “I didn't mean to do that it’s just seeing a tall figure run into a room startled me… are you ok?”

The feminine voice coming from the ponies’ mouth leaves you baffled you just look up dumbfounded at the fact of a talking horse! You continue to just stare as she talks.

“You hit your head pretty hard are you ok? Can you even speak?”

You feel your head start to feel warm and your hearing starts to fade in and out, you can feel a bruise starting to form where your head hit the floor.

“My name is Twilight sparkle of Ponyville, and you are?”

You find it funny how this talking pony is so interested in who you are and not interested in the fact you just fell and hit the hard floor. But you manage to sit up straight and you kind of mumble your name.

She looks at you very puzzled “That’s a strange name…tell me what part of Equestria is this?

You stare at the pony not knowing what to make of the word “Equestria.” After a few silent minutes you again mumble saying that you have no idea what Equestria is.

The pony gasps and struggles with her words “I …are you sure you don’t know what I’m talking about?”

You nod your head. This sends waves of pain through your head note to self FFFUUUCCCKKK!

The pony starts thinking out loud. “Oh I was afraid of that.., I must have messed up the spell and now I have no idea where I am; spike was right I shouldn't have rushed through the book.”

You hear a sense of sadness in her voice. As she continues to talk “Um I know you don’t know me but I am too tired to try my spell again… can I stay here…just for the night?”

You nod your head not really knowing what you just agreed to; you just want the pony to stop talking so you can have a quiet moment to think about how crazy your are for thinking you see a talking horse. You stand up and slowly wandered towards your room. All the while never looking back and saying to yourself while holding the welt on your head; it’s just a hallucination there is no purple pony in your house. You stagger to your bed and collapse into a pain driven sleep.

End of chapter 1