• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 1,236 Views, 15 Comments

The Nurse and The Medic - ponylover

  • ...
14
 15
 1,236

Chapter 4

The first thing I noticed when I came to was that I wasn't on grass. Instead, I woke up on a comfortable, if slightly small, bed in a small room. The next thing I noticed was the sound of arguing coming from outside the room. I recognised two voices, Twilight's, and the pegasus with the rainbow hair that left to get help before I lost consciousness, but the rest were foreign to me.

"...can't believe you didn't tell us about him Twilight. We're supposed to be your friends? How can you keep a secret like this. It's just so....so....uncouth!" Whoever owned that voice had to be high-class, I figured.

"Ah agree with Rarity, much as I hate tah admit it. This ain't somethin' ya' keep secret from yer friends, Twi." The mare that voice belonged to was most definitely a country gal. The kind who knows what hard work is.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't tell you, even if I wanted to. Princess Celestia herself gave me strict orders not to tell anypony until she arrived to make sure he wasn't a threat! And I don't appreciate being told I can't keep secrets after the whole Photo Finish fiasco, Rarity..." Twilight replied coldly, and I could hear the gasp from the high-class pony, who I now knew was named Rarity, and I could almost imagine her face.

At this point, I knew the argument wasn't going to end anytime soon, and the more time we wasted, the less chance we had of rescuing Redheart, so I did the only thing I could to end it. I got up, and I opened the door.

The effect was immediate. Every single head turned to face me, and the silence gave me ample time to get a good look at every pony present. An orange mare with a stetson on her head and her blonde mane and tail tied into a ponytail of all things, a white unicorn mare with a purple mane and tail in very fancy curls. A pink earth pony with a really really cotton-candy-like pink mane and tail, and a butter yellow pegasus with a very simple pink mane and tail that curled slightly at the end.

"Ok," I said, breaking the silence, "The arguing stops NOW! Fighting isn't going to change the fact that Twilight was only doing what she had to, and fighting is NOT going to rescue Redheart unless the ones we fight are the dogs. Now, go round up as many villagers as you can and tell them of the situation. MOVE!"

The final word got them all moving, all except for Twilight and the pegasus, who started to back away slowly, a look of pure fear on her face. I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry ma'am, but right now, we need to rescue Redheart, and this is how I was trained to act in crisis situations. I was trained to be tough, strong, and above all, not to let others see my fear. This is the same thing. Hesitation only increases the risk of us not rescuing Redheart in time, and I can't let her get hurt. She's my friend, and I owe her and Twilight my life."

She stopped shivering and started staring at me, trying to see if I was a threat or not. Eventually, she relaxed. "Alright. I'm sorry for being scared." She whispered.

"It's alright ma'am. Anyway, I do believe I forgot to introduce myself. Jerry." I said, holding out a hand. She hesitantly reached out a hoof and placed it in my open palm. "I-I'm Fluttershy." she said, a little louder, but still barely more than a whisper

I nodded with a smile trying to show her that I wouldn't hurt her. I let go of her hoof as it went back to the ground. She smiled back as she went and walked out the door. I then looked back at twilight. "So you have any ideas where the diamond dogs that took redheart might be?" I asked.

She then seemed to be in thought and she got the idea. "They must be where they took rarity a while ago." She then went into all the detail about how rarity was taken and where she might be. She then went out the door and I guess she thought I was gonna follow but instead I ended up climbing out a window in the house on the first floor. I wanted to do this alone since I didn't want any of the ponies get hurt. I made my way to where twilight told me redheart might be.

Once I got there I saw that there was a small hole just big enough for me to go through. I let out a long sigh as I then jumped into the hole. I fell through it having a few rocks hitting my arms and shoulders along with the old wounds I had. Once I hit the ground I rolled around a little bit until I ended up stopping against a small wall.

That's when I heard a few of those dogs talking from the other side. I then searched for a weapon and found out that there was a perfectly good knife on the ground. I grabbed it as it felt natural to me. I then flipped it until the blade was facing backwards and I was holding the grip of the blade. It was at least three inches.

"New pony has been most troublesome. She refuses to work, despite the beatings." I heard. "If she continues to refuse in the next hour, kill her and dump the carcass where the wolves will get it."

I then gripped the knife hard in complete anger. Out of anger I just jumped over the small wall seeing only two of those dogs. The both looked at me with complete surprise. The one on the right looked like he was pretty tough so I killed him first. I stabbed the knife right through his skull and immediately took it out stabbing the other one right in the chest, but not enough to kill him. I looked him dead in the eye. "Where is she?!" I said in rage.

"I never tell you hairless monkey!" He shouted defiantly, slamming the ground with one leg.

I twisted the knife to cause more pain. "Tell me or you die slowly." I said blinded by rage.
"Alright, alright!" He practically screamed. "She is in training cage. It is where we teach ponies obedience. Those that refuse are taken to a small chamber on the opposite end of the system and disposed of."

"Thanks." I said as I punched him in the face knocking him out. At least he would die without much pain. I took the knife out of his chest and made my way to where he said redheart would be. In a few minutes after sneaking past dog after dog I saw the chamber. I was shocked to see at least three other ponies in the same cage as Redheart.

Redheart looked the worst. She was covered in dirt, bruises and angry red marks, the kind you’d get from being whipped.

*Sniff sniff* "INTRUDER!" one yelled.

"Shit here we go." I said as I got out of cover. I was covered in the dogs blood from before. Covered from my chest to feet,

But redheart recgonized me easily as she spoke in a bit of pain and surprise.
"J-J-Jerry? Is it really you?" She asked, gasping with pain.

"Yes redheart i'm getting you out of here." Just as I said this a ton of dogs came rushing into the room. I counted at least ten.

"Jerry," She gasped. "Just go. You're already injured. If you get hit by one of their weapons, you could die."

"I don't care!" I yelled. "I'm not losing another friend no matter what!" I declared as I got into a fighting stance.

"Hairless monkey is a fool. You'll die here with the pony. KILL IT!"

Three of them charged forward. Adrenaline took over as all pain was gone. I crouched down using the knife on one of them stabbing it in the throat. I then punched the other one in the side of the neck snapping it. The last one was killed from me using a weapon that belonged to the first one picking it up stabbing it through the skull. I slid both the weapons out and stood up as the three now dead dogs laid on the ground.

"J-Jerry, your back." Redheart muttered, losing consciousness from blood loss.

I knew I had to end this quickly. I saw that one of the other ponies in the same cage was trying their best to stop the bleeding. I looked back at the dogs. "Next?" I said wanting to end this quickly.

That's when the last seven went forward. But I saw the one that would be in charge and used both the weapons stabbing through it's skull,slid the weapons out and stabbed it in the chest. Once he died the other dogs looked on in fear.

At first the dogs didn't move, and I thought I would have to make good on my threat, but then the smallest one stepped forward, much to my surprise.

"Please, do not harm them. I take you and pony to surface. Please do not kill them." He pleaded.

Still a little surprised I nodded in agreement. "Ok I won't just lead me out of here along with the other ponies." I said starting to feel weak. The old wounds must be getting worst.

He stepped aside as I made my way to the cage. I walked inside seeing redheart was barely awake. I knelt down ignoring the pain in my back and body. With the little strength I had I picked her up letting the knife stay on the ground.

"Creature, you will not make it to the pony town with those wounds." The dog said. I ignored him, too determined to get Redheart out to heed his words.

I stood up in complete pain walking out carrying her in my arms. Just as I reached the exit I suddenly gasped in pain and fell forward turning my body making sure she wouldn't get hurt. Everything started going black.

"Creature! I tried to warn you, why did you not heed my advice!"

Before I blacked out I felt movement in my arms. I looked down to see a fearful Redheart. Then I blacked out.