• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 2,010 Views, 28 Comments

The One Where Blueblood Cries - MONSTERmama



Fluttershy soothes Blueblood's fear of mares.

  • ...
8
 28
 2,010

Chapter One

She had never seen an animal so aggressive when cornered. Fluttershy rarely saw animals that were terrified of her. It was even rarer to see a pony terrified of her. Shame it had to be her own new, blushing beau. She knew marriage was a bit of a struggle, but this was bordering on Cadance-Armor levels of intensity.

"Blueblood--"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" he screeched, horn held defensively in front of him. Golden glow shimmered from his horn and around a very nice jade vase. He held it in front of him, warning Fluttershy not to draw one in closer.

She could not abandon him, though. He may have only given her a home and an income (and his hoof in marriage) because she was meek and he needed to marry despite his uncontrollable fear of mares, but she would not leave him to his demons. She realized now why Rarity had such a poor time with him all those years ago.

Blueblood had probably been scared out of his wits.

She hovered just before him. Deciding it would be better to use her lesser height and stature to appear less intimidating, she dropped to the ground. Wrong move. Blueblood took it as a signal that she was going to disrespect his personal space boundary.She only furrowed her brow as the vase flew past her head.

"Blueblood, stop."

The surprisingly prone looking stallion blubbered. He scooted himself somehow further into the corner of their bedroom he had taken refuge in before beginning to babble. "I'm sorry. I-I didn't do anything. Don't hit me, please--"

She shushed him. He stared at her with the most pleading look she had ever been under before slowly inching her way forward. With the care only the most intimate of companion could achieve, she took shuffle by shuffle closer. It took five minutes to close in the yard that seperated them before.

Blueblood could have turned to stone for how still he was when Fluttershy hugged him. It was a soft, open hug. It was like a warm blanket on a cold day, not like the hastily done hugs of mares who wanted his body or stallions who were chummy just to appeal to yet another femme fatale. He wanted to trust her, but she was female and that was evil incarnate.

"I wouldn't hurt you," she promised into his ear.

The white appendage twitched in response.

"You are my husband and as a lady and a wife I will not hurt the weaker vessel." While there was gender equality now, the chivalric ideals remained. Mares should be the ones dabbling in dangerous magic while stallions safely played with the predictable physical world. Mares should lead their stallions through the troubles and storms of life as the double x-ed creatures were more in tune with the world in general. There were Princesses ruling after all--Blueblood was just one of the many figure heads.

Blueblood held a sob in only to fail. He cried into Fluttershy's beautiful pink mane. He put a hoof to her wings. She was real. He had an angel. Someone who would not beat or abuse him, someone who would treat him as a true gentlecolt. This was a real lady.

"Fluttershy." He didn't know if he was asking or saying.

"Yes." She didn't know if she was telling him who she was or reassuring him that, yes, she would be the one to provide support from here on out.

"Thank you," he said between sniffs.

For an hour it seemed they stay in place. Fluttershy almost fell asleep, but kept herself from doing so. Blueblood needed her. Eventually, he stood on his own. Fluttershy led him to the bed, tucking him in before going to sit on the chaise lounge against the nearest wall. She laid her head between her hooves, ready to sleep.

That was, of course, until she heard the white prince's voice.

"Fluttershy?"

"Yes."

"... I'm lucky."

"Mm, what brings you to say that now?"

"... I get the Element of Kindness to teach me to trust."

Fluttershy tilted her head. She had married an abused toddler it seemed. "Well, you offered to let my little zoo stay here in exchange for marrying you, right?"

"Yes, but you didn't have to do that," he quietly said, as if afraid she would leave him. They hadn't consummated their marriage, after all. "Auntie would have given you land. I... I just used you to keep my title..."

"It's fine." She let the silence lull on for a few moments before slipping out of bed and walking back to Blueblood's side. He waited silently for her actions. She bent over and pecked him lightly on the cheek. "I will heal you and then, maybe, we'll learn to love each other."

He believed her. He believed her despite his mother's abuse and Rarity's haunting repeat of the matriarch's actions. He believed her despite Cadance's threatening to divorce Shining Armor for interfering with a mare-to-mare challenge which had become a fiasco and a reminder of his place as a stallion within government and politics and most horribly of all, love. He believed her despite Celestia insisting that he should just settle with a gentle mare and be content with a loveless life.

He believed her because he had fallen in love with her the moment she tucked him in and asked for nothing of his body in return. He loved the care she showed and was determined to become the perfect groom for his beautiful wife.

With that thought for in the morning, Blueblood snuggled down for the night. Fluttershy would chase away all of yesterday's insecurities.

Fluttershy settled back down on the couch, placing her head between her hooves again. She recalled something, then. She tapped once, twice, and a third final time before the aging Angel Bunny hopped out from the closet which led to a separate room. The white rabbit did not want to walk in on anything, but came when called all the same.

"Angel, be a dear and make sure the maids don't come in to early. I want to clean up the mess so our wedding night secret stays what it is."

Angel looked confusingly around. What didn't Fluttershy--oh. Yes. Jade peices, what looked to be a pee stain a corner. Uh-huh... Angel could understand keeping this all a secret. Whatever freaky things made his Fluttershy happy Angel could ignore, he supposed. With that, the rabbit dashed off as well as he could.

The cream pegasus yawned. This relationship was going to be quite exhausting, but worth it. She did enjoy working with hard to tame things, after all.