• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 3,310 Views, 50 Comments

Fluttershy's Silent Guardian - Z-A-C



What is this place? Filled with such bright colors? Last I remember, I was trapped in a vehicle.

  • ...
4
 50
 3,310

Nightmare's End

I am not a fan of irony or contradictions. I mean I'm Spetsnaz, the most ruthless special forces in the world! And.....afraid of heights. I know, I know....is funny. But why did you think I didn't like flying in the plane? I would rather swim through another pool of blood...well maybe not that extreme, but you understand. Anyway, I waited until the ponies went into the ruin. I didn't want to be seen while crossing the bridge. I had just gotten across the bridge when five of them started to walk back out. I looked around and dived into a nearby bush, which had thorns in it. Thanks to my training I know how to take pain, but I am saying it did not hit. It hurt like hell! But I did not make a sound. I peeked out of the bush to see the ponies looking this way. Applejack laid down, not taking her eyes off of the bush I was hiding in. That was until they heard Twilight scream. They all ran back inside and there was a flash of light.

After a few minutes of running around and calling for Twilight, there was a flashing white light in the only remaining tower. They all started running up the stairway up to the tower, and I stood up and began picking the thorns out of my skin and clothes. After I was done with that, I went inside the ruin. I pulled out my Makarov and put the suppressor on it. I would rather have some protection just Nightmare Mare came back. I walked over to the door that they ran out of and pressed my back against the wall on the other of the door that was closer to the corner. After a few moments I peeked around the door and looked up at the tower. There was little activity that I could see from here so I moved up. I pressed my back against the closest wall and peeked inside the doorway. Turns out it was bigger on the inside.

"It seems this castle was indeed abandoned long ago." I thought to myself as I walked over to the staircase at the other side of the hall. "No threats so far. Hmm.....Interesting. I would have thought there would have at least been some resistance. But I suppose the five ponies got through with little trouble." I got to the base of the staircase and heard the five ponies telling Twilight they would be there soon. So I started to make my way up as well.

As I made my way up I heard Twilight talking to Nightmare. "You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that? Well you're wrong! Because the spirit of the Elements of harmony are right. Here!"

"What?" Nightmare replied with a surprised tone.

Twilight continued. "Applejack: Who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of, Honesty! Fluttershy: Who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of, Kindness!" I reached the room they were in and sneaked behind a pillar, peeking my head out enough to barely see. "Pinkie Pie: Who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of, Laughter!" I may like Pinkie Pie. Laughing in the face of danger is what I was trained to do. "Rarity: Who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift, represents the spirit of, Generosity! And Rainbow Dash: Who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire, represents the spirit of, Loyalty! The spirit of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us!"

"You still don't have the sixth Element! The spark didn't work!" Those were some really funny faces she was making. Not going to lie.

"But it did. A different kind of spark, I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you. How much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me. when I realized that you all, are me friends!" There was a bright flash. And above Twilight's head was an orb of some kind. It quickly lowered itself, stopping just above her head. The light was almost to bright for my eyes, but I continued to look. After a few moments Twilight started to speak again. "You see Nightmare Moon. When those element are ignited by the... The spark that resides in the heart of us all. I creates the sixth Element. The Element of, Magic!" Just then the light got brighter! It was a flashbang going off! I shielded my eyes and turned around, pressing my back up against the pillar.

For a moment it was silent, but then there was this weird sound. I could place what it sounded like so I opened my stinging eyes and looked over at the ponies. A rainbow of all things was rushing toward Nightmare Moon! I couldn't believe it! As the rainbow wrapped itself around Nightmare, she screaming "No!" I wondered if it was incinerating her or something. I will have to wait. And suddenly just like a few moment ago the light grew brighter. I closed and covered my eyes, since it was slower this time I had proper warning.

What I didn't get any warning about was the pillar falling over. I jumped out of the way. Now out in the open I looked around, sure I was caught. But it seemed that all of the ponies were unconscious. I went over and check to see if they where alive, they were. I looked around the room trying to find Nightmare. But instead I saw a smaller pony with a light blue mane and a blue coat. I went over to her and checked her pulse. She was alive as well. "No death? Huh? Combat and no casualties. Save for the villain, but I think this is her..." I turned around and started towards the staircase. "I think all is good now. Should I head back to home or stay here just be sure? Bah, with power like that Fluttershy well be fine.

"Good, the serpent isn't here. I couldn't stand talking with him, or him calling for help." I was beginning to cross the river. No hostiles so far, all was looking good. I still hate that damn bridge though. Too rickety for me. When I crossed the river I came upon the manticore. I would hid but it saw me. It growled and started to slowly walk towards me. "Вот дерьмо...uh...nice manticore." It responded by growling at me. "Uh...remember little yellow pony? The one that took care of the thorn?" It raised an eyebrow and cocked it's head. "I am her friend. You wouldn't to make her to make her sad would you?" It lowered it's head and shook it. "May I pass?" It nodded it's head and moved aside. "Thank you." I nodded and continued on my way. About half way home it mysteriously turned day out of nowhere. Strange.

I was now home and knocked on the door. Zecora answered it. "You don't have to knock you know? But anyway tell me, how did it go?"

"Nightmare Moon is defeated! Six ponies from town stopped her plans of eternal night."

She nodded. "So the legend is true. The Elements stopped her, but not you?"

"I wanted to see if they could handle it. The purple one seemed to know what was going on. She also like to talk. A lot. She could have killed us all with her words. Who makes a speech in the middle of battle anyway?" She offered me a cup of tea. "Thank you, zebra daughter! It was long day, I would like some."

Oh man am I ready for some sleep. Stupid pony crisis! keeping me awake!