• Published 4th Jan 2012
  • 2,100 Views, 47 Comments

Cycle: With Wings as Eagles - SSky



Equestria operates on a clock, and it's ticking down to the next cycle. But not more than a few years of the last one were known of, until a scroll discovered how an immortal princess could be born, and revealed the workings of the clock.

  • ...
1
 47
 2,100

Act I: With Wings as Eagles

CYCLE
Act I: With Wings as Eagles

Rated Teen for occasional language and violence.
Tags: Adventure
Main Characters: Celestia, Luna, Philomena.


A lone figure slips into the Everfree Forest, just a few feet away from its border. The silhouette is tall and slender, but the forest's thick brush hides even this fact. A yellow light dimly bathes the area as she pulls out a scroll from a small satchel she carries. There is a bit of sobbing before the scroll is violently tossed far from where she stood, and the pony bolts from the scene, trying and failing to hold back torrents of tears.

Inside the forest, there is the battering of quickly-fluttering wings, and yet another figure appears from the trees' shadows. It follows the path the scroll flew until finding it in a small patch of tall grass. A green light appears, but it doesn't illuminate anything. A field of magic appears around the thrown parchment, and sound of a spell being finished resonates.

It will last long enough to be found.