• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 2,471 Views, 58 Comments

Super Soarin' - Brony of Truth

  • ...
4
 58
 2,471

Minor Problem

It was about mid-morning in the apple orchard as three little fillies were casually trotting together.

“So, what do we need to do again?” The orange filly with a purple mane asked as she walked with her two friends through the messy orchard.

“Ah already told you Scootaloo, we need tah clean the debris that that storm blew around last night.” The light yellow filly with the pink bow in her red mane responded.

“Not sure how you can forget something like that being that we’re walking through a messed up apple orchard.” The white filly with the mixed pink and purple mane said.

“I know what we’re going to do Sweetie Belle! I asked what we need to do.” Retorted the orange pegasus filly known as Scootaloo.

“What we need tah do is make ah lot of piles of branches and apples that fell of the trees last night, so that when either Applejack or Big Macintosh come ‘round with the wagons they can just put ‘em in without any hassle.” The earth filly named Apple Bloom said.

“What caused that storm last night anyway?” Scootaloo asked. “We weren’t scheduled for any rain ‘till like, five days from now.”

“Ah don’t know, but hopefully Miss Rainbow Dash won’t get intah too much trouble because of it.”

“Why would she get into trouble!? She didn’t do anything wrong!” Yelled Scootaloo.

“Uh actually, it would make sense that she would be mostly to blame being that, you know, she is the head weather mare and everything.” The unicorn filly named Sweetie Belle said.

“It’s still not her fault!”

“On the contrary—“

“Girls, enough!” Apple Bloom yelled interrupting a possible argument. “Let’s just focus on cleanin’ up. Look, we’re at the west limit of Sweet Apple Acres now. You guys know what tah do, once you’re done makin’ a big pile, we move clock wise ‘round the Acres.”

The two friends looked up were the apple tree line ended, they then split up to form piles of broken tree branches and twigs while Apple Bloom created piles of pruning apples. The trio was making quick work of the debris, unfortunately for them, Sweet Apple Acres is a big place, so this was probably going to take all day.

“Alright girls, this area’s clear. Let’s move on.” Apple Bloom commanded with a cheerful smile leaving behind the newly formed piles of debris for a more northerly destination.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders, you know what tah do.” Apple Bloom said as the three split up again in their new area.

As soon as Scootaloo turned away from her friends, a pile of light blue hair and feathers under a near by apple tree caught her eye. “Girls, check this out!” She said as she sprinted to the object.

“Whoa.”

“What, what is it Scootaloo?” Apple Bloom asked as she ran up to the now still pegasus filly with Sweetie Belle close behind.

“Look.” Scootaloo said as she pointed to the unmoving light blue pegasus stallion under the apple tree.

“Is…is he dead?” Sweetie Belle asked after she caught up to the rest of the CMC.

“Ah don’t know, let me check.” Apple Bloom said as she approached the stallion’s head. The earth filly then put her ear on his ear and furrowed her brow as if she was supposed to hear something.

“What are you doing?” Scootaloo asked raising her brow.

“What’s it look like ah’m doin’? Ah’m checkin’ his pulse, you know, tah see if his brain is still on.” Apple Blood said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“I don’t think that’s how you—“

“Shh, I think I hear somethin’” Apple Bloom said interrupting Sweetie Belle.

Only the sound of the breeze blowing through the leaves was heard.

“Let me try something!” Scootaloo practically yelled as picked up a twig and starting poking the stallion in the face. The pony, which the three fillies now knew was sleeping, stirred at this, swatting the stick away.

The girls jumped back and continued to observe the pegasus from head to hoof to which Sweetie Belle discovered the lightning bolt with wings that was this pony’s cutie mark. “Hey girls, check out his cutie mark!” She exclaimed pointing to the waking stallion’s flank.

“Huh, so…his special talent is…weather forecaster?” Apple Bloom questioned.

“It looks familiar…” Scootaloo said as she drifted off into thought. Her eyes widened as a sudden realization hit her. “It’s the Wonderbolt symbol!”

“You mean that group of flyin’ acrobats that Rainbow Dash is tryin’ tah get into?”

“Yeah, yeah! Oh my gosh, when I tell Rainbow, oh man, she’s gonna be so happy and grateful that she’ll actually spend more than one hour with me!” The little orange pegasus let out a high pitched squeak in joy causing her friends to cover their ears in pain.

“Uuh…my stomach.” The prone pegasus groaned opening his eyes only to cover them with his fore hooves. “Oh, Celestia why is the sun so bright?”

“Um, Mr. Wonderbolt, uh, sir…are you okay?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Soarin’ turned his head away from the sun to focus on where the squeaky voice had come from. After he rubbed his eyes to clear his blurry vision away he saw three little fillies standing side by side. One a white coated unicorn, the other an apricot colored earth pony, the other, who held a grin that spelled she had some sort of plan, was an orange pegasus.

After quickly looking over the trio Soarin’ decided to answer the little unicorn’s question.

“Yes. I’m soarin’, and my name is Hungry.” The stallion said groggily.

“Uh, we’ll take that as ah no. Do you need—“ Apple Bloom was suddenly interrupted by a ground vibrating grumble to which the adult pony crumpled to fettle position whilst gripping his gut.

“Soo-o-oo…hungry.”

“Sounds like we need to get him some food.” The little unicorn filly said turning her head to her two companions.

“Yeah, but where are we going to get food way the heck out here?” Scootaloo replied to her horned friend. Apple Bloom deadpanned at her two friends for a few moments before they realized they were standing on a farm with an apple orchard…with apple trees…that had apples in them.

“Ooh…” Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said in unison.

As the adult pegasus was writhing in pain on the muddy ground the trio of friends stacked themselves on top of each other starting with Apple Bloom on the bottom, then Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo balancing herself on top as she plucked an apple off the tree.

After dismounting, the little orange pony trotted around to Soarin’s face and proceeded to stuff the groaning stallion’s mouth with the apple, which he quickly gobbled up. After swallowing the apple the light blue pegasus’ eyes shot open and he quickly got to his hooves, shooting up into the tree devouring all the delicious red orbs in reach.

The CMC stood just bellow the tree with mixed emotions; Apple Bloom in awe, Sweetie Belle in slight disgust, Scootaloo simply watched anxiously with a large grin on her face.

The navy blue maned pegasus floated calmly back to the earth below with a slight bulge on his bellow now. When he landed he let out a loud yawn followed by a belch and turned to the three children who were staring.

After a few seconds of awkward silence Soarin’ finally decided to speak.

“Uh, hi?”

“Hi Mr. Wonderbolt!” Yelled the little orange pegasus filly. “My name’s Scootaloo, what’s yours?”

After slight hesitation on the stallion’s part he answered with a generic cocky smile on his face. “My name is Soarin’, expert flier, and all around awesome guy.” A little leftover piece of apple dripped off his chin after he said that.

Soarin’s answer might have earned some ‘oo’s’ and ‘aah’s’ from Scootaloo, but her two companions were a little less awestruck.

“Yah sure can eat there Mr. Soarin’.” The small earth pony said motioning to the apple tree now baron of any apples.

The Wonderbolt turned his head to observe the tree; broken twigs, a lot of missing leaves, and no apples. Soarin’ turned back to the filly readying himself for an excuse. “Well…SURE! I am an athlete after all, and athletes need all the nutrition they can get! And besides, I’m sure whoever owns this place wouldn’t mind if one messily apple tree doesn’t have any apples…”

The sky blue pegasus stallion trailed off has he started to observe the rest of the orchard, which was no worse for ware. Pruned apple littered the wet ground along with a lot of good sized twigs and branches, the leaves were innumerable to count, and there were a scarce amount of apples still left on the trees.

“What happened here?” Soarin’ asked wide eyed.

“A big ‘ol storm blew through here last night and destroyed the orchard. No pony was hurt, but it sure did ah lot ah damage.” Apple bloom said as she idly kicked a pruning apple on the ground.

“The town got hit pretty hard too, but not as bad as the orchard.” The unicorn filly piped in.

“Yeah! And now because of some freak rogue storm, the head weather mare is getting yelled at!” Scootaloo jumped in adding her own two bits to the conversation.

“Well…” Soarin’ said. “It is the head weather pony’s job to make sure that the skies are nice, neat, and orderly. I should know; I used to work as a weather pony in Cloudsdale before joining the Wonderbolts.”

“Really?” Scootaloo questioned with vested interest.

“Yep. I worked hard for two years while training regularly. So I should know, that, while weather can be a bit unpredictable at times, it is ultimately the head weather pony’s responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly.” Soarin’ finished with his chin up and eyes looking off into the distance as he finished his amazingly wise lecture.

Scootaloo’s head drooped and she sighed in defeat. “I guess Rainbow Dash really will get into trouble.”

“Whozzawhatnow?” Soarin’ asked as his eyes shot wide and he turned to Scootaloo.

Continuing to mope, the little pegasus filly replied. “Rainbow Dash, she’s the head weather mare and like, the fastest, coolest, and all around most awesome pony in the history of forever. That’s why I don’t think she did anything wrong.”

“Well I don’t think she did anything wrong either.” The Wonderbolt stated firmly.

The three fillies all let out a 'huh' while they gave him questioning looks.

“I know Miss Rainbow Dash, and I must say that being neglectful and lazy in her duties does not sound like her.”

“Not neglectful or lazy, have you even met her?” Apple Bloom asked incredulously. Sweetie Belle quickly followed up with a ‘Seriously’.

“Yes I have, and knowing her as well as I do, I have decided to help her. Because it would be unbecoming of any stallion not help a mare in need, especially one as sweet, kind, and thoughtful as the beautiful Miss Rainbow Dash.”

“Yeah, he hasn’t met her.” Sweetie Belle said to Apple Bloom to which the filly replied with a firm ‘Nnope’.

If Soarin’ heard what Sweetie had just said he didn’t show any signs of it as he started to gently flap his wings so he could start to ascend. Scootaloo was absolutely beaming at the stallion now.

“No need to fear, I will get Miss Dash out of trouble and sort this whole thing out.” Soarin’ then bolted off leaving the three fillies alone in the orchard again.

Scootaloo turned back to her friends. Her eyes were practically tearing up in joy. “That guy...was so…AWESOME!

“Ah’m gonna have tah disagree with you on this one Scootaloo.” Apple Bloom retorted.

“And I’m going to have to agree with Apple Bloom. That guy was almost the very essence of the word ‘dork’.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Or goofball.” Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both laughed.

“Yeah right, you two are just jealous. That guy was totally the definition of cool.” The pegasus filly said with a confident smirk.

“Excuse me.” A familiar voice from above the fillies spoke. The three friends looked up to see Soarin’ smiling awkwardly with a blush on his face whilst rubbing the back of his neck. “You guys wouldn’t happen to know where Rainbow is, would you?”

“The Mayor is holding a public meeting at town hall right now. She should still be there.” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Right, thanks!” The stallion said before zooming off again.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both looked back at an awkwardly smiling Scootaloo and deadpanned at her.

“Well…” The orange filly said. “Maybe it was just the heat of the moment, and that’s why he forgot to ask where she was.” She finished with a satisfied smile on her face.

A cough was heard, again, above the trio’s heads.

“Um…where exactly IS town hall?” Soarin’ asked still grinning awkwardly.

“That way.” Apple Bloom said pointing eastward. “It’s the tallest building in the middle of town, it’s kinda’ hard tah miss.”

“Alright, thank again!” Soarin’ then took for a third time.

Once again, Scootaloo’s two friends deadpanned at her, to which the purple maned filly grinned, and not entirely unlike Soarin’s nervous grin. “Aright, so maybe we should go to town hall…you know, to make sure everything’s alright with Dash.”

“Agreed.” Apple Bloom said before running toward town with her two friends

---


“Miss Dash, answer the question.”

“I did.”

“Miss Dash, please cooperate. We need to know what happened.”

“I already told you what happened! I DON”T KNOW!

The town meeting had been going on for about an hour now and almost nothing had been accomplished. The town received a good amount of property damage from the storm the previous night; ranging from damaged shingles to broken windows, holes in roofs, and broken tree branches. All in all, total damage from the storm was being estimated near 10,000 bits, and all under the noses of the sleeping weather team.

It had felt like an interrogation to Rainbow Dash. For the last hour she had been pelted with questions like: ‘How could you let this happened?’ or ‘Are you even qualified to be a Weather Pony?’ She could deal with the condescending questions, what she had a hard time tolerating were the unnecessary jeers and catcalls she got. Thing like: ‘You’re fired!’, and ‘Incompetence is intolerable.’, or ‘Of course she doesn’t know what happened, what else would you expect from someone as lazy as her?’ That last one made her jump out of her seat and look for the sorry soul who said that, to which everyone else had simply glared at her.

The tan earth pony mare sighed behind her court room-like podium and gave the cyan pegasus a pleading look. “Rainbow, if won’t tell us anything, then there’s no way we can help you through this.”

“I don’t need help through anything, because there is nothing to tell. I woke to the crack of thunder and saw a storm over Ponyville. So, I got up and gathered the rest of the weather team as fast as possible to break up the storm. When I had them gathered the storm started to dissipate.” Rainbow said finishing with a huff as she sat back in her chair.

Not so subtle murmurs were heard from the crowd.

“It’s TRUE!” Rainbow yelled to everyone in the room.

The grey maned earth pony mare simply grimaced and rubbed the back of her neck. “As much as I would like to believe you Miss Dash, even I know that clouds just don’t appear then disappear like that. This isn’t the Everfree.”

“I know that Mayor Mare.” Rainbow Dash groaned silently as she looked to the wooden floor.

“Did you get the report from the Cloud Factory?” The Mayor questioned.

“Yes. You should be getting it soon.” Rainbow replied almost in complete defeat now as she slumped down in her seat. “The only place that was supposed to receive clouds last night was Vanhoover and Hollow Shades. There were no reported stray clouds headed for Ponyville.”

The Mayor let out a heavy sigh as she picked up a paper on her podium and idly read it. She then looked back at Dash before speaking again. “I guess I have no other choice then. Miss Rainbow Dash you are hereby suspended as the Head Weather Pony without pay for one month, and will be sentenced to 200 hours of community service.” After the mayor was done speaking she weakly let her mallet fall on her wooden podium.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR!” Rainbow cried out.

“Aw, the poor wittle filly gonna miss out on her afternoon naps?” A mocking voice said from the small crowd behind her.

Rainbow jumped out of her seat and into the air to face the crowd. “Who said that!? Why don’t you be a real stallion and show yourself!?”

“That’s enough Dash! Now I’m going to have to ask you to leave Town Hall peacefully or be escorted out.” Mayor Mare ordered.

Rainbow lowered herself to the ground and sighed deeply before heading towards the door. Just as she was about to reach it, the doors burst open to reveal a pale blue pegasus stallion with a dark blue mane standing there with a confident smirk on his muzzle…and a little piece of an apple peal stuck on his cheek.

When Soarin’ saw Rainbow in front of him and every pony else staring, his heart sank a little. “Am I…too late?” He stuttered.

Rainbow sat there, eyes wide and dumbfounded along with the rest of every pony in the room.

After a few seconds of speechless staring, Mayor Mare finally spoke up. “Um, may ask your name sir, and why you have decided to interrupt a public town meeting?”

The pegasus stallion shook himself out of his silence induced stupor and answered with complete confidence. “My name is Soarin’, and I am a Wonderbolt!” He posed slightly with his chin tilted slightly upward.

The crowd was now full of energy as they realized they had a celebrity in their midst. The mares were now chatting amongst themselves about how ‘handsome’ and ‘cute’ the new arrival looked, while some of the stallions stood there in awe and others questioned why he was here in the first place.

Mayor Mare quickly adjusted her glasses and messed with mane to make it more presentable, while at the same time trying to be the one who was the most professional in this situation. “Why are you here, if I may be so blunt?”

“I heard about what happened here in Ponyville. I’ve seen the destruction and I’ve heard about the possible punishment of the head weather mare, Miss Rainbow Dash, and I have decided to help her.”

“WHAT?” Was the question that was asked from virtually everyone in the room, except from Rainbow whose jaw had dropped. Soarin’ winced a little from the sudden explosion of sound that was coming from the crowd who spoke quite loudly about the current situation.

“He’s helping her?”

“It’s because of her that I have to close my business for a week to replace my windows!”

“There’s no way that’s Soarin’!”

The jeers continued from the crowd continued until the Mayor trotted back to her podium and started slamming her mallet down. “ORDER! ORDER I SAY!” The Mayor yelled.

The talking quickly quieted down and Mayor Mare motioned for Soarin’ to come to the front of the room…and for someone to smack Rainbow out of her frozen state. A pegasus mare with a grey coat and a golden yellow mane obliged the second order.

“OW!” Rainbow yelled as she glared daggers at the mare who hit her. “Geez Derpy, you didn’t need to hit me so hard!” The grey pegasus simply smiled and retorted with a ‘Mayor’s orders’.

“Come on Dash, we gotta’ case to win!” Soarin’ said to Rainbow as he trotted up next to her, giving her his trademark goofy smile.

Rainbow beamed at Soarin’ as the two started to trot back to the front of the room, struggling ever so hard not to fan girl in front of her idol in a room full of ponies staring at them.

“It’s good to see you again!” The Wonderbolt said as the pair made it to the front of the room.

“Y-yeah, it’s good to see you too.” Rainbow stuttered.

“So uh, how’ve you been?” Soarin’ questioned. Rainbow gave him a questioning look and began to look around the room. As the stallion began to look around the room to find out what Rainbow found so interesting about the surrounding environment he caught to what it was. “Oh…right.”

Mayor Mare let out a cough to which Soarin’ flinched and quickly faced forward. “Are you two done yet?” she questioned.

“Y-yes ma’am!” He saluted.

“Now, I’m usually not allowed to do this, but if some pony as prominent as a Wonderbolt is willing to stake their exuberant reputation on one pony…” Rainbow gulped heavily as she started to sweat. “Then I guess we can give Miss Dash another chance.”

“Right! So I would first like to begin with a question: What is Rainbow being charged with in the first place?”

“Negligence.” The Mayor stated promptly. “She is the head weather mare, so all atmospheric phenomenon ultimate fall under her responsibility. This includes the storm that happened last night.”

“And you would be correct in all that you said just now, but I think you’re forgetting it takes two to tango Miss Mare.” Soarin’ stated confidently.

Mayor Mare arched her brow. “How so?”

“While it’s true that Rainbow holds the title of Head Weather Pony, the Cloud Factory is mostly to blame for over producing the inclement clouds that destroyed so much property. Just check the factory. I’m sure you’ll find the real culprit.” The stallion stated without a hint of doubt in his logic.

An assistant of the mayor then trotted up to the podium and gave her a piece of paper. Mayor Mare quickly scanned it and set it down. “Well Mr. Wonderbolt as luck would have it, I have the report right here.” She said less than enthusiastically. “Of course, I wouldn’t have needed it because Miss Dash has already told me what’s on it.”

Soarin’s eyes widened in curiousity. “She did?”

“Yes, she said that no clouds were commissioned for Ponyville last night, and no reported strays were ever spotted. Don’t believe me? Here’s the report.”

Soarin’ quickly trotted up and snatched the paper and began to read. His facial features seemed to show more and more of a defeated look the more he read. After glancing over it he sighed and gave the report back to the Mayor.

Not willing to give up Soarin’ spoke up again. “That still doesn’t explain where the storm originated from.”

“Well, allegedly, the large mass of storm clouds formed on their own, moved on their own, and dissipated…On. Their. Own.” The Mayor said putting special emphasis on the last three words.

“Self maintaining clouds?” Soarin’ question incredulously. “I’m sorry, but clouds just don’t appear and disappear like that, this isn’t the Everfree.”

“That’s exactly what I said not five minutes ago.” The tan earth pony behind the podium deadpanned.

“Who told you about the clouds?” The light blue pegasus questioned.

The mare simply pointed the cyan coated pegasus with the spectral colored mane behind Soarin’.

“Oh…” Soarin’ muttered starting to get a little nervous. Rainbow was showing even worse signs uncertainty. She started biting onto her front hooves to the point where bits of it would fly off. Beads of sweat were starting to drip off her muzzle, and he had only made things worse.

The dark manned Wonderbolt began to look around the room, trying to find any source of inspiration that would serve in a sudden epiphany that would help Rainbow’s case. All he saw were the questioning looks of the audience behind him. He could pretty much guess what they all were thinking; ‘This guy’s a Wonderbolt? Seriously?’

Soarin’ looked to the wooden floorboards beneath his hooves and sighed in defeat. He practically felt the heart break of one of his biggest fans as she saw one of her heroes look like an idiot in front of the small town crowd. The pegasus then heard the subtle opening and closing of a door, followed by the quiet murmurs of ‘excuse us, pardon us’. He dejectedly looked over to the crowd one last time to see three familiar fillies in the front row.

Great, now those impressionable fillies, whom he had made himself out to be some sort of hero for them, would now see him get humiliated in a room full of ponies. Soarin’ especially felt bad for the orange pegasus who seemed absolutely ecstatic to meet him. She had the attitude of a fan, but more importantly, she had the eyes of pupil, a student, someone who would be willing to do almost anything to be like the ones she looked up to. Scootaloo was her name, a name he hoped he wouldn’t forget.

“What a minute…” Soarin muttered to himself. The Wonderbolt got that epiphany he was looking for. “Your Honor!” He beamed.

“Yes Mr. Wonderbolt?” She said in an almost condescending way as she propped her elbow and hoof to hold up her chin.

“Have you ever heard of a Rogue Storm?” He asked with confidence.

“Can’t say that I have. This isn’t some other theory with more holes in it than swiss cheese, is it?”

“Well, your honor…” Soarin’ turned to face the crowd behind him, “Fillies and gentlecolts, allow me to explain one of the rarest phenomenon’s in weather, the rogue storm.”

Soarin’ flapped his wings a couple times and began to hover in the middle of the room. The stallion looked to the mayor, then back at the crowd. Once he had every pony’s attention he began.

“A rogue storm is essentially a set of clouds that can appear out of no where, and disappear just as quickly. What makes this possible is the magic imbalance in the atmosphere. I believe that the strange magic in the air above the Everfree got mixed in with the magic that was making its way from Cloudsdale to Ponyville, forming those clouds. That would explain why that storm appeared out of no where.”

The crowd started murmur amongst themselves again. After thinking for a few seconds, the mayor decided to speak. “Well…that explain where they came from, but where did they go?”

“That part is simple.” Soarin’ stated. “The clouds rained themselves out. Sense the storm formed in the same way that storms form over the Everfree, they disappear in the same way as well…by precipitation.”

The crowd began talking again, seemingly in agreeance to what Soarin’ had just said. Rainbow let lose a sigh in relief amongst the noise, while Scootaloo was letting lose the ‘I told you so’ card to her two friends, to which they deadpanned.

“Alright, order. Order in the court.” Mayor Mare said whilst hitting her mallet on her podium causing the crowd to calm down. “Do you have anything in terms of proof that might back up your claim Mr. Soarin’?”

The pale blue stallion turned back to the podium and descended back to the wooden floor boards below. His confident smile turned into a serious stare as he answered the tan coated mare with the green tie. “Ma’am, I have been a pegasus all my life. I have several years of military and professional flight training, and in those years I have learned a lot of shocking things. I would be willing to stake my position on the Wonderbolt’s to say that Miss Rainbow Dash is indeed innocent of all charges against her.”

The room went silent for a few moments from Soarin’s shocking claim. Rainbow’s jaw had dropped as well as the CMC’s, except for Scootaloo who was positively beaming at the amount of ‘cool’ that the Wonderbolt stallion was radiating.

After a few more seconds of silence the mayor began to chuckle as she was gathering all her papers on her podium together. “Well, Mr. Wonderbolt, I’m not sure about the rest of everyone else here, but you’ve convinced me.” Soarin’ let loose a breath that he wasn’t aware that he was holding and wiped his brow. “If you are willing to put such high stakes on the line for a pony you barely know, than I think you are being extremely genuine.

After collecting her papers the mayor stacked them and picked up her mallet for the final verdict. “I Mayor Mare, after hearing all that has been presented here today, here by declare that Rainbow Dash of Ponyville, innocent, and cleared of all charges brought up against her.” The mayor let her mallet fall against the podium and the celebration began.

The CMC were jumping for joy as Soarin’ fell to his rumped and let loose an incredibly stress relieving sigh. Some ponies in the crowd applauded as other began to leave through the main entrance. Rainbow bolted to Soarin’ and gave him a huge hug.

“Thankyou-thankyou-thankyou.” Rainbow said continuously as she gave the stallion a quick peck on the cheek.

Soarin’ smiled drunkenly. “Yeah, thank you Soarin’.” He said brainlessly. The moment would not last forever though.

AAAAHHH!

Everyone in town hall turned toward the open door to see where the scream had come from. Rainbow dashed out of the room leaving a still dazed Soarin’ to recover from the physical affection and scream. After the stallion shook his head a couple time he bolted out of the room to check on the commotion out side.

When he got there it was utter chaos. Ponies were running to and fro trying to get their homes while some were trying to grab their children so they could eventually do the same.

Rainbow, who was hovering in the air just out side of town hall, quickly stopped a panicking mare to ask her what was going on. The cream colored mare broke free and galloped away, but not before saying what was wrong.

“URSA!”

“What!?” Rainbow exclaimed as she flew higher to find the ursa. Sure enough, entering market street on the far side of town was a large blue bear with what appeared to be constellations running along its body. She quickly flew back to Soarin’ who had just made it out of town hall and who was now fluttering above the dispersing crowd. “Soarin’, I got to go get Twilight, keep the ursa busy ‘till then.” She then flew off.

Soarin’ stammered. “You’re getting who? And keep what busy?” The Wonderbolt flew higher to get a better look around town; it was then that he saw what Rainbow was talking about. The giant blue bear was about the size of a regular Ponyvillian home and was making its way through what look to be the street where vendors would sell there goods. It also appeared that it was chasing something.

“A pony!” Soarin’ yelled as he took off to where the ursa was at. It only took him a few seconds to reach the pony, he quickly swooped up the icy color coated mare that was being chased by the ursa. He flew a good distance away from bear before setting down the pony that he saved. “Get to safety ma’am. I’ll take care of the bear.”

The mare turned back to Soarin’ and thanked him for rescuing her. He blushed at the fact of how beautiful her crystal blue glowed when she spoke. When she ran off Soarin’ noticed that she was a pegasus.

“Of course she would forget that she has wings, who wouldn’t?” He said sarcastically as he took to the air again. The large ursa had knocked over a honey stand and was eating most of it contents when Soarin’ had made his back to Market Street. “You know, that’s called stealing where I’m from.” The pegasus said in a very lecture-like tone.

The ursa turned its head to face Soarin’, honey still dripping off its black nose. The bear let out a loud roar and charged the smirking stallion. The Wonderbolt simply flew over the lumbering creature as it crashed into a kiosk in the middle of the street.

“Come on, that’s the best you can do?” Soarin’ asked in feigned disappointment.

The bear removed itself from the debris and charged again. At the last minute Soarin’ once again flew over the beast letting out an ‘Ole’ as he did so. The ursa skidded to a stop before charging again. Soarin’ repeated his motion again, but the ursa was ready. The beast jumped as the pegasus flew up to try to avoid the charging bear, but couldn’t avoid it this time and smacked right into the ursa’s face.

When the ursa landed Soarin’ pealed himself off its face and stood on its muzzle to gaze at its raging eyes. The pegasus smiled awkwardly before quickly poked the beast in its right eye. The ursa let out a high pitched roar and covered its face, but not before Soarin took off again. As the bear was disoriented the pale blue stallion took this time to deliver one swift buck to the nose, causing a sickening cruuunch sound to emanate. What followed was a roar so loud and high pitched that it caused Soarin to fall from the sky whilst clutching his ears.

Soarin’ made sure he at least landed safely on all fours before covering his ears again. What went from screaming now went to whimpering as the ursa laid down and covered its snout. The bear opened its reddened tearful eyes to observe the damage that the forceful pegasus caused. The ursa moved its blood stained paws to check on the damage…and it was damaged. So much so that Soarin’ winced and let out an ‘oo’ when he saw the pain that he had caused. The ursa’s nose was dripping blood and was smashed inward, the bone appeared to have multiple breaks that made the nose look zigzagged.

The ursa let out a choked out sobbed and began running away frantically back to the woods, crying all the way. Soarin’ didn’t know large ferocious beasts could cry, that kind of made him bad.

“Oh well, at least it isn’t tearing up the town anymore.” He sighed.

A purple light then popped up next to him. When he turned, he saw a frantic looking unicorn with a lavender coat and purple mane with a pink stripe running through it and Rainbow Dash next to her.

“It right over here Twilight…” Rainbow tapered off she saw an ursa-less street before her. She turned around to look behind her then left, then to her right, finally to Soarin’. “Soarin’, where did the Ursa go?”

This gave yet another chance for Soarin’ to look impressive and he wasn’t about to let that go. “Yeah, well…” Soarin’ puffed out his chest as he feigned a stretch. “That ursa didn’t who he was dealin’ with so I had to show him. With a couple left hooks, a right cross, and a nasty buck to the nose, I sent that little baby cryin’ all the way to his mama’s house.” The Wonderbolt finished with a smirk on his muzzle.

“No way! You actually went one on one with Ursa Minor and won!?” The cyan coated pegasus mare asked in disbelief. Soarin’ answered Dash by simply nodding. Rainbow responded by let out a very un-Rainbow fan squeal.

Twilight was less than ecstatic though. “So…the ursa ran back into the woods then?”

“Yep.” Soarin answered.

“All the way back his mother’s house?” Twilight deadpanned.

“Probably, why do you ask?” He questioned.

“Have you even seen an Ursa Major?!” Twilight exclaimed.

“That…that’s what that was, right?” Soarin asked he pointed back to the woods. When he looked back at Twilight and saw she looked like she was about to pummel him, he then looked to Rainbow whose teeth were clattering uncontrollably, but still decided to ask, this time with a little less confidence and a little more sweat on his brow. “…Right?”

RROOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!

“Oh, buck me.”

Author's Note:

Glad I got this out before May. Spring semester is done and I only have one class during the summer, which mean more writing from me! XD

Next chapter title is "Major Problem". Hopefully it's pretty self explanatory. -_-

I love comments (Yes, even constructive criticism) and green thumbs! So more of that please! :)