• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 851 Views, 3 Comments

Fluttershy, The Pumpkin Queen - TheExhaustedBrony



It's almost Nightmare Night, the main six decide to decorate their town with jack-o'-lanterns

  • ...
1
 3
 851

Gordon

Gordon

Ah yes, Nightmare Night, once a year, all the little ponies in equestria go from door to door and collect candy, which they then offer to an effigy representing Nightmare Moon. Right now the main six, and spike, were at Twilight's house going over the preparations for decorating for the festival the following night.

"Alright, Spike, lets take a look at the list." Twilight said.

"You got it! Lets see," Spike let the parchment roll out of his claws. Most ponies would faint at the thought of such a hefty list, but to Twilight and her friends, this was normal. "First on the list is pumpkin carving." Spike pointed at the words scrawled on the paper.

"Where are we going to go to get enough pumpkins for ALL of Ponyville?" Rainbow Dash seemed unconvinced. Usually, ponies would make their own pumpkins, but this year, the theme was Jack-o'-lanterns' and they had to decorate the festival area in town.

"Y'all can just come on down to my farm," Applejack offered, "we've got plenty of pumpkins to use."

"Oh boy! We're gonna have a Nightmare Night party at Applejack's farm!" Pinkie Squealed, "I can't wait, when are we gonna go?"

"Pinkie, y'all can come on down right now if you'd like."

"Count me in!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm going to make the most beautiful pumpkin anypony has ever seen!" Rarity said proudly.

"Alright, shall we go, ladies?" Spike asked, opening the door for the ponies.

"Fluttershy, are you going to come along?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, um... okay. I guess that'd be alright."

As they walked, the ponies, were talking about all kinds of things. Rainbow Dash bragged about a new trick she learned, Rarity leaked some information about a new holiday themed dress she was designing, Twilight talked about a new book she found that might interest Rainbow Dash. They were all having a very nice conversation when suddenly,

"And that's how Equestria was made!" Pinkie Pie blurted.

"Come again, dear?"

"Oh, I thought we were talking about the creation of Equestria. I guess not, my bad." Pinkie giggled.
They all laughed together, something Pinkie caused frequently.

"Okaaaay, well, it looks like we're at Sweet Apple Acres." Spike pointed to a sea of apple trees.

As they approached Applejack's house, a grey pegasus zig-zagged it's way over in their direction. The grey pony was on a collision course! Everyone dove out of the way, except for Fluttershy, who was at the back and not paying attention.

"Oops, sorry, Fluttershy! I guess I didn't see you there!" The grey pegasus apologised.

"Well, it's no wonder why, I mean, with your eyes it's a miracle hat you can fly at all, Derpy." Rainbow Dash sneered.

"Oh, Derpy, have you come to carve pumpkins with us too?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uhhhhh... sure!" Derpy said excitedly as her line of thought ducked in and out.

With a new member joining their group, the eight of them resumed their journey to Applejack's house, only a few yards away.

"Alright everypony, y'all know what to do? Y'all got yer pumpkins?"
Everyone responded with a cheer. All except for Fluttershy. She was transfixed on the pumpkin that sat in front of her.

"Ummm... girls? Do you hear that?" Fluttershy heard a voice that didn't belong to anyone she knew.

"Hear what, Fluttershy?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, n-nothing."

"Well, all I hear is the sound of a scaredy-pony not carving up her pumpkin." Rainbow Dash joked.

"Now, Rainbow Dash, be nice to her, this might be the first time she's ever hurt anything, even a plant." Rarity Scolded.

"Alright, fine. Well, remember when Discord took away the elements and made us all weird?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"Well, didn't Fluttershy stomp on Twilight's plants?"

"Well, didn't he make you think a single cloud was the entire city of cloudsdale?" Rarity retorted.

"Well, didn't he make you think that a giant rock was a honest-to-goodness bonafide diamond?" Applejack said.
Rarity's facial expression went from arrogant and childish to downright irritated.

"This is the third time I've told you not to speak of that again."
All the ponies except for Fluttershy were laughing. She couldn't get over the fact that she was hearing something.

"Is anyone there? Okay, I'm going to start carving now, I guess."

The voice called out again,

"Please! You don't have to do this! I... I don't want to die!"

"I don't understand. Where are you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Down here!" The voice responded.
Fluttershy looked down to see a bright orange gourd, the source of the voice.

"Y-y-y-your a p-p-pumpkin?" Fluttershy began to hyperventilate.

"Yes, I know you're confused, but please, don't hurt me. Many of my friends are being killed by those other ponies right now as they speak! I don't want to become like them!" The pumpkin pleaded.

"Oh, alright, I wont hurt you," Fluttershy assured, "Applejack, can I have another pumpkin?"

"Sure thing sugar-cube, just grab one from the field."

Fluttershy grabbed the pumpkin and went out the door to the field.

"Do you have a name mister pumpkin?" Fluttershy asked.

"My name is Gordon. What's your name?"

"I'm Fluttershy, I'm your new friend." Fluttershy responded, not fearing the pumpkin. Figuring that after all, it's just a pumpkin.

"That's... that's nice, thank you."

"You're quite welcome, you just seemed so nice. I have a special way of telling if someone's hurt."

The two continued searching for about another minute when Gordon said,

"Hold on, Fluttershy! That one with the bright green stem!"

"This one?" Fluttershy walked over to a very healthy looking pumpkin. Comparing it with all the others, it seems like this one was the healthiest.

"Hey, Donny, I found you."

"Donny? W-who's Donny?" Fluttershy asked.

"This pumpkin right here is Donny, he drinks up all the water and is responsible for the deaths of many of my friends!"

"That's not very nice at all. So, what are we going to do?"

"Pick him up and take him back to the house."

Fluttershy did what she was told and picked up the pumpkin and carried it back to the house. Everypony was busy focusing on their own pumpkins, they didn't notice Fluttershy return.

"Put him on the table." Gordon directed.

"Okay," she said, putting Donny on the table, "now what do I do? Is he sleeping?"

"Yes, us plants go into dormant states after consuming enough liquid, obviously he's had enough in the past few hours. Fluttershy, this is very important.

"What?"

"I want you to kill him."

"What?!" Fluttershy gasped.

"You alright sugar-cube?" Applejack asked, "AGH! Derpy! Don't fly with the knife! AH!" Applejack was distracted by something Derpy was doing. Whatever it was, it wasn't enough to distract Fluttershy from what was going on in front of her.

"Kill him! He's a menace to plant society and must pay for it! Now pick up the knife."

"O-o-ok," Fluttershy felt as if she was not in control of her body as she slowly raised the large kitchen knife.

"Now, plunge the knife into him."
She raised the knife high above the pumpkin and began to sweat as her hooves trembled in fear.

"DO IT!" Gordon barked.

Fluttershy shook her head,

"I... I can't do it!" She said on the verge of tears.

"C'mon Fluttershy, it's simple, just do it like this." Rainbow Dash put her hoofs on top of Fluttershy's and pushed them down, lowering the knife into the pumpkin.

The pumpkin let out a blood curdling scream that was unheard by the other ponies,

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! WHY?! WHY IN EQUESTRIA WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"Donny boy, you're finally awake! It's been too long... I told you I'd find you." Gordon said in a condescending tone.

"Gordon? Is that you?! I thought we killed you!"

"Oh no, I am very much alive my dear friend. Now it's time for you to die!"

"Yellow pony! If you can hear me, don't listen to a word he says, he's insane! He is not to be trusted!"

"Don't listen to him Fluttershy, he's just trying to manipulate you! We're friends, remember? Would a friend lie to you?" Gordon said in a calm, gentle voice.

"You're sick! We trusted you! Sarah trusted you, Gordon!"

"Everyone, please stop!" Fluttershy pleaded.

"I loved you and you lied to me. Both of you! You betrayed me!" Gordon began losing his temper.

"Stop, please, stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop STOP!"

Fluttershy's eyes rolled back as the atmosphere became too intense for the little pony's heart to handle. In her confusion, she pulled the knife out of Donny and began stabbing him, over and over again. His screams were quickly silenced as she stabbed him until a hole was minced away. At that point she tossed the knife aside and reached in, pulled out Danny's insides and strew them across the table. She grinned wickedly as she began to enjoy the display of pumpkin guts she had just created.

"See, now don't you feel better knowing that he wont ever hurt us again?" Gordon asked.

"Yes, I don't have a reason to be afraid anymore." She felt free. She felt as if she just flew higher than the sky and faster than Rainbow Dash, she would be a scaredy-pony no longer. The whole time she spent admiring her work and talking to Gordon, she didn't notice her friends' worried expressions, as they saw the whole event.

"F-F-Fluttershy?" Twilight stuttered.

"You okay sugar-cube?" Applejack asked fearfully.

"Oh, I'm more than okay! Gordon's going to make me his queen! Together we'll cast down our judgment on all that wish to harm us!"