• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 1,681 Views, 34 Comments

The Son of Darkness. - Timemaster



A child is born in the humanrealm, but an odd being summons him to Equestria.

  • ...
8
 34
 1,681

Chapter one- A quick end to a happy life, and the start of a new one.

It was a warm summer day at a secluded cottage, and all seemed right with the world as Hercules awoke to his adoptive father...

Amphitryon was checking on Hercules, the son he had always wanted, as he heard a loud noise from Hercules' room. The noise was not an evil, or even bad, noise, but it surprised Amphitryon to hear this. Amphitryon walks closer to the room of Hercules, ready to attack whatever foul beast may be hurting his baby. Amphitryon was laughing a little one he saw what the noise was."Pfft hahahe.. Come on Lil' Herc, it's ok. Daddy is here," Amphitryon explained to the loudly crying baby,"What is troubling you, my son?" He looks upon his son and sees magical marking appear onto Hercules' face,"Wha- son what are you doing?!" Amphitryon stumbled, surprised beyond thought, and brought down a lamp (filled with magical fire) upon himself.

The fire spread across Amphitryon, engulfing him in fire,"Waaah Waaahter!" Lil' Hercules shouted, in fear of the fire. Suddenly, the markings on Hercules' sing glowed a bright blue, and abruptly vanished. A pond-full of water came crashing down onto Amphitryon, to which he sighed and Hercules giggled."My son, you have a great talent, I wish I could train you to use your powers, but sadly you are too young for them. For now though, I will restrain you. Retineo!" as Amphitryon chanted the magical word, chains appeared among Hercules. The chains went into Hercules, though they did his physical body no harm."My boy, I will have to use this spell until you are old enough to understand, but before that, I must prepare a means of canceling your powers.

Amphitryon pats Hercules' head and says,"Hercules, you are the one being I truly can love anymore. You are the only being I will love from now on, so do not be mad at me if I ever leave..." and with that he went out the door, locked it, and went into his study. He began to plan a masterpeice way of restraining Hercules without harm, for this word spell will not work once Hercules becomes more powerful. The chaos lord knows he will need it.


Days went on, every day being a happy day. This day is, Hercules' first 'Birth'day.

Amphitryon woke up with a smile on his face, for today was a day that he would never forget. Today was the day of Hercules' 'birth', a day which Amphitryon has been waiting patiently for. Hercules was sleeping soundly in his bed, while Amphitryon was baking a cake, vanilla, for it was Hercules' favorite flavor. Amphitryon was happily baking, when a sound was heard...

*Crash*

This sound was very familiar with Amphitryon, for it meant only one thing. Hercules was growing. Unlike normal age, A human in this realm almost fully skipped foal-ship. The Chaos lord never explained as to why this was, so Amphitryon had no idea either. Amphitryon ran quickly into Hercules' room, only to see that Hercules was standing (wobbling legs, but still..), Amphitryon looked at his child and smiled,"You grow up so fast. I wish you do not age so fast when you are older. Oh, that doesn't matter! Come here my son, it is time for YOUR DAY. I want you to wish for one thing, be it anything, and it will come true."

Amphitryon put the cake in front of Hercules, and lit the candle. Hercules looked at the candle in admiration and slight caution, for now he had the size and mind of an 3 year old, despite being only 2. Hercules looked at his father, and though he could not speak yet, he wished for one thing.'I wish to age less when I am older, as my daddy wishes it too.' and he blew out the candles. A voice as gentle as the heavens, yet louder then the screams of Tartarus yelled,"You have wished for a prolonged life, and so it shall be done Hercules!"

Amphitryon was dumbfounded when he saw his son be lifted into the air, encased inside a glowing white orb, and as it dissipated, brought slowly back onto the ground, half-asleep."Whichever deity has granted my son's wish, I thank you..."

Amphitryon put Hercules in his crib, and went to his room. He put up the cake as he was getting a bottle of 'Captain Maregon' and opened the bottle as he said,"To every deity that has blessed me with such a wonderful son," and he was about to drink the bottle, but he saw it slowly disappearing into nowhere..."Well, at least I know that they like alcohol." Amphitryon said, as he slowly went into sleep.


As life went on, Amphitryon and Hercules started their own version of Magic Kindergarten, but less... traumatizing.

"Ok Hercules, you see that bottle over there?" Amphitryon said, pointing to a 'Captain Margon' bottle. Hercules nodded, not able to speak properly,"I want you to Imagine hitting that bottle with a crossbow, can you do that son?" Hercules nodded his head, accepting the challenge. Amphitryon moved out of the way, for he knew how strong his son's magic was. Amphitryon recalled his restraints from Hercules, as Hercules began thinking of the bottle being shattered in a safe,collective manner.

The bottle exploded into tiny, dull shards, so small and dull that, it seemed as if was cut into tiny spheres.

Amphitryon clapped as his son blushed,"Son, this was a wonderful job you did today. You have shown me the potential you have at PK magic, so I want to see how you fair with elemental magic." Amphitryon held his hoof out to his son, to which Hercules said,"T-thank yuw daddeh!" Amphitryon smiled, he was so full of joy that he did not realize what was lurking in the jungle...


The cottage is un-lit and quiet, for Amphitryon and Hercules are sleeping in their respective spots.

Amphitryon dreams of a nightmare, one of the worst ones he has ever had since Hercules was 'born'.

The land is a sickly grey, all of the trees cut down and laid unto one another, and a cottage is shown with a mare and her foal slowly being crushed by the trees covering him. Amphitryon screams in his head as he is having to see this dream, of which the event of his family's death is portrayed."NO, honey!" he tries to wrestle his bonds loose, but they are not loosened at all.

Amphitryon turned his head back and saw a tall, gold-plated, bidpedal being standing before him,"Damn you lord of Order, why must you ruin this world?! I swear I will kill you you mother bu-" Amphitryon blacked out with a concussive blast, only to be re-awakened by a tall, robed, bipedal being fighting the golden one from earlier."My lord! I lend you my soul to fight this being, friends have to stick together, even if we have different reasons to hate him!" Amphitryon yelled to his friend.

"Thank you my friend, I am sorry for this, but you asked for it." The lord of chaos said as he turned to Amphitryon.

Amphitryon blacked out yet again, but this time, he stayed in the black until he awoke...

Amphitryon was covered in blue sweat, a magical sweat that only is produced by FORCED SLEEP...

"Oh no!"


Amphitryon looked all over for Hercules, but he was nowhere to be found. Instead a note was laid upon the floor,

Dear Amphitryon the Bearded,

I am Royal Captain Shining Armour, I know that I am no match for you here, but if I have your petson. I do not know how you think this creature is your child, but it is all I got to get you to come here.

In short, you come to the castle and your child is sent to the Royal Academy, but you will not be in jail-

Amphitryon did not care to read the rest, he loved Hercules too much to allow him to suffer. Amphitryon went into his study and pulled on a book. A shelf flipped, revealing a cape with an odd constellation on it, and a hat, which had nothing but black upon it.

Amphitryon looked upon a map he had not touched in a long while, and then picked up a bag on the ground. The bag contained many items for his longest of travels, but this will be his last one. He looked upon the road to Canterlot and said,"Do not be scared Hercules, Daddy is coming. Daddy will save you. Please never be sad when I'm gone..." he looked at a card he was going to give Hercules for his birthday next week,"I wish you would forget all about me after I do this..."



"Your final wish, is my command" said a voice, as Amphitryon suddenly appeared walking distance from the Royal Castle.

"Goodbye Hercules, goodbye... my son...." Amphitryon said as he walked to a guard, who then escorted him to the execution chambers, where Amphitryon will be left to hang with the fishes.


It has been 10 long, hard years for Hercules in this school for Unicorns, but he has become one of the highest powered magic-user of them all. He is shunned by everyone in the school, except the teachers and professors. Now is the final time of his childhood. The time of....

"Revenge," whispered a 14 year old Hercules,"it is what I will do to those bullies.... they deserve it.."

Hercules has been bullied throughout his school life, but now the bullies have gone too far. The bullies had hurt one of Hercules' only friends, just for being around the 'monster'. He now has a plan to thwart these foolish unicorn bullies, and that plan just may get THEM expelled, but not him. He has been granted indefinite stay among the school as long as he does not murder.

Hercules smiled at this new-found plan and is currently setting it up. The revenge is planned to work on the day of graduation, for you see, it is the end of his Jr. Hay days, and it is time for all of the bullies to pay for what they have been doing.

Hercules looked upon his glowing skin and smiled fiendishly.

"It's payback time!"


Graduation day, the day in which everyone who passed gets to leave the accursed place.

It was half-way through the ceremony when Hercules and the other top 7 mages were awarded with their certificates, straight after getting to meet the purple unicorn who had saved Equestria at one point or another. Truthfully, Hercules did not care for it, he only cared about what was going to happen next.

"Let us hear a round of applause for this year's most prestigious students!" the purple mare said into the mic.

Everypony cheered as us 8 walked up and stated our names.

"I am Glistening Heartstings, daughter of Lyra and Bon-Bon Heartstrings, and I accept this honor." The crowd cheered.This mare skipped a few grades due to great grades.

"I am Dinky Hooves, daughter of Ditzy Hooves, and I accept this honor." Everypony cheered again. This mare was held back a few times, but she is now one of the best.

"I am Hercules, the 'monster', and I accept this honor, though I do not wish for the attention." The crowd went silent, but clapped their hooves together just to ease the tension.

Hercules did not listen to the other 4 ponies, because his trap had been sprung. Hercules had wired the entire grounds with a spell that turned anypony with hatred/disgust towards himself, but it only worked when the words he spoke were said.

Suddenly, before Doctor Hooves got to announce the celebration dance, a pink 'poof' exploded across the schoolyard. A few moments later, every single bully that bullied Hercules had their entire body painted horrifying colors. 'Bruiser' became a giant pink and fluffy pony, while 'lil miss perfect' became a pure black mess, with her mane exploding outwards.

Everypony was silent, until somepony snickered, then they all laughed at the ridiculousness of the bullies' appearance. Hercules wanted to rule himself out as the perpetrator, so he made his hair all frizzed out. He laughed at his own misfortune, as Glisten and Dinky started giggling at him.

The bullies were so mad that they attacked nearby ponies in their embarrassment, making them go to the office... where they would look at every recorded memory in their heads since a few days ago. That is why nopony ever did anything stupid that they could get caught for, because the principal could just see the OTHER things they did.

Hercules smiled and walked up to his crush, Glistening, and said,"Hi, I am Prof. Donny, how are you today?" Glistening fell out of her chair remembering that old substitute. The old colt has hair so electric, his mane ATTRACTED metal. They started talking small, but in the back of Hercules' head, he knew he had to admit to his principal of what he had done. He said his goodbyes to Glistening.. but not after getting her insta-mail number (insta-mail is a mail system that only powerful magicians and dragons can do. it summons a green flame that transports anything to the reciever... for the price of 3 bits).

Hercules gave her his number, and walked towards the principal's office. Before he entered though, he saw the bullies crying at the principal. He leaned against the door to the Principal's room and heard,

"You ponies are supposed to be the best of the best, but you go and terrorize not just the students, but also the ones that are different? You are all banished to MAGIC KINDERGARTEN for 2 years. No exceptions." The principal said.

Hercules could see his mind scream,'DO NOT ADMIT ANYTHING!', though Hercules never went to magic kindergarten himself, he heard of what happens there..... he does not want to go there.

Hercules could hear the screams that make the ones of Tartarus seem like an angel's chorus. He smiled a maniac's smile, and went to his room.

Today, he got his revenge. Tommorow, he begins relishing in his success during summer.'I loved today' he thought as he fell into a nice dream. He could barely hear his new roommate enter the room before he was asleep. His roommate, Dawn Blood, was a griffion who can do magic. Dawn was the one who was bullied for being friends with Hercules, but they remained friends in the end.

Sometimes, it is as if friendship is scarce magic in this magic school.