• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 2,017 Views, 84 Comments

Thine Own Self - Doctorparadox13



A human is transported to Equestria through some unknown means, and suffers from major amnesia

  • ...
23
 84
 2,017

Official ponyville welcome

''What the hell are these?'' I thought to myself taking a bunch of dusty bottles out of the briefcase. One read ''Buckin' bronco'' and another read ''Shock Jockey'' and another read ''Devil's kiss'', and another said ''Undertow.'' and there was about 13 of them in the briefcase, nothing else. Was this alcohol? I don't remember seeing this kind of stuff, unless these were imports from some other country. But just...ah... argh... old drinks! Nothing here is gonna help me!

''Ooh! Soda! Can I have one Samson!? Can I?! Pinkie said hopping up and down excitedly reaching for one of the bottles.

''What the hay is ''Buckin' bronco?'' Applejack asked eyeing one of the bottles on the table

''Damn it! Nothing but bottles filled with who knows what!'' I yelled tossing one of the bottles across the room almost hitting Spike who was coming back down the stairs.

''What the hay!'' He yelled

''Oh, um... Sorry Spike, I'm just upset theres nothing here to help me find my identity.'' I looked at the ponies, who were frozen in fear because of my anger.

''I'm sorry I got angry.'' I apologized to them.

''Nah, its alright. I would do the same if I couldn't remember who I was.'' Applejack said

''Ugh.. Spike can you clean that up?'' Twilight said to Spike.

''Sure Twilight! I'll get right on it! He said speeding away and quickly returning with a mop.

''Please... calm down...'' The yellow pegasus said quietly

''Aww, Samson, are you mad because this isn't your favorite soda?'' Pinkie asked. God... How can she think of soda right now? how old is she?

''No... I'm just... mad because there was nothing that could tell me who i really am.'' I mutter

''Oh... you poor thing.'' The yellow pegasus said hugging me again.

''Um, what did you say your name was again?'' I ask the yellow pegasus

''Fluttershy.''

''Right, Fluttershy... can you stop hugging me please? I'm not really in the mood.''

''Oh, um, yeah, sorry.'' Fluttershy said letting go of me.

''Not in the mood for hugs? who isn't in the mood for hugs?'' Pinkie said surprised

''Ugh...'' I groaned sinking down onto the floor ''What am I going to do now?''

''Well... do you have a place ta stay?'' Applejack asked

''Of course not!'' I yell

''Well, you can stay with me. I have a spare room for guests.'' Twilight said, I immediately took the offer. Shes the librarian, and apparently a brianiac, so shes probably my best chance at helping me.

''I'll stay with you Twilight.'' I blurted out before anypony else could speak.

''I was going to suggest staying at my cottage...'' Fluttershy said in a quiet voice barely above a whisper. Now I think I know why shes called ''Fluttershy''

''Or ya could have stayed in ma barn.'' Applejack added. Hmm... barn... Ah! I remember what those are, I don't think it would be too comfortable.

''Your eyes are the same color as Applejack's!'' Pinkie commented

''Um... yeah... Can ya show me to my room Twilight?''

''Sure Samson, follow me.'' Twilight said as I followed her up the stairs, I looked back down and Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie were leaving.

''Where are you guys going?'' I call down to them

''We're going to get your ''Welcome to ponyville'' party!'' Pinkie pie exclaimed. Heh, this pony sure loves partying.

''well, alright. See you in a few I guess.'' I said as I watched them leave.

''Hey Samson, are you coming?'' Twilight called from the top of the stairs.

''oh, yeah, I'm coming!'' I said running up the stairs to join her. walked up the stairs up to the third floor of the house, as I looked into the open door of each room we passed I saw many different rooms. A study, a bathroom, a bedroom probably Twilight's and then we reached my room.
It was no different to the other rooms I had past it was the same color of the tree and had a wooden table and chairs in the center of the room a bed off to one side. Next to the bed was a bookshelf, it was empty at the moment and in the far corner was the window underneath the window was a chest of sorts, It was a big room.

''thanks for giving me a place to stay Twilight.''

"Oh you're welcome" Twilight said with a grin on her face "Now I don't suppose you have any weapons on you, do you?" Oh shit. Yeah... i did...

''Um... yeah... i do, I guess you want to take them.'' twilight just nodded her head at this. i set my bag onto the bed and took out my... um... oh yeah, it was called a rifle, and set it next to the bed, I took out all the ammo clips, a pistol that I couldn't remember the name of, and a revolver that had the words ''Lucky'' Carved on to the barrel.

''I thinks thats it Twilight.''

“Can you make sure they're safe to handle." I then disarmed all my gunss and handed them over to Twilight.

''Samson?''

''Yeah? What?''

''Your knife too.''

''Oh, yeah, forgot I had it.'' I unsheathed it and handing it over, she took all my weapons with her magic. ''Oh wait, hold on, I forgot these.'' I said taking some grenades off my belt. ''You defiantly need to take these.''

''What are these?'' Twilight asked levitating them near her face.

''Thats not a good idea to do, in fact I would throw those away before you hurt someone.''

''These don't look dangerous.''

''Trust me, they are.''

''Are you starting to remember?''

''Just bits and pieces, nothing about me though. Just things about where I'm from.''

''Where are you from?''

''Hmm... Its called... America.''

''America? I've never heard of it.''

''Yeah, I'm sure you haven't, after all Spike said humans aren't supposed to be real.''

''No, they're just things of myth.''

''Hmph..'' I ignored that comment. ''What are you gonna do with my weapons?''

''Hide them.'' She replied walking off. ''Stay here for a few minutes.''

''Um... okay, I can get settled in.'' I went back to sorting through my belongings. The only thing I had was an empty canteen, MREs, and three captain america comics, and that briefcase filled with ''vigors'' as they were written on the bottle. I still had no idea what they did. I set my helmet down at the table, got in bed and waited for Twilight to return... I don't know why, but I feel tired... this bed is so... comfortable...ZZZZZZZZZZ

*Many years ago, july 4th*

''AAAAAHHH!!'' A female voice screamed

''Push! Push!'' Another female voice yelled ''Again!''

''Argh!! AAAHHH!!''

''Again! again.''

*soft squelching sound and crying*

''Its a boy! its a baby boy!'' *sound of door opening*

''Oh my love! i'm so sorry! I was in the market when they told me! Am I too late?'' A male voice said who was out of breath

''Its a boy!'' A female voice said

''Give him here.''

*sound of crying*

''My love, what shall we name him?''

''Lets name him after my grandfather, god rest his soul.''

''Alright.'' * unintelligible garble* it is. Son, your special, you are destined for greatness.''

*present day*

''Samson! Samson wake up!'' Twilight yelled

''Huh? What?'' I said getting up from bed, my vision hazy. That was an odd dream, Damn, now I can't remember it.

''Hey, we just came to get ya for the party, but ya fell asleep.'' A southern accent said, oh, just Applejack

''How long have I been asleep?''

''20 minutes.'' Twilight said

''Ugh... We had a party to go to right?''

''Yeah, c'mon now, can't keep everypony waitin'.'' Applejack said

''Or Princess Celestia.'' Twilight added. My eyes widened at the mention of her name.

''Princess Celestia is coming to the party?''

''Yeah, while you were asleep I wrote to her telling her about you, and she said she wanted to meet you.''

''Ugh... where was the party again?''

''Sugarcube corner, Pinkie works there.'' Applejack answered for me.

''Hmmm!" I groan stretching, ''Well, lets get going then.'' I said grabbing a ''vigor'' called ''Undertow'' I'll try this at the party.

*A few minutes later at sugarcube corner*

Pinkie pie finished putting out the last of the treats. A few ponies were already there, chatting casually. While Princess Celestia was sitting at the same table enjoying a cup of tea.

''Hey there pinkie pie.'' A cyan colored pegasus landed near pinkie pie as she put the finishing touches on the snack table. ''I heard you made a new friend today. Going to introduce him to us?''

''Oh, well, He's not here yet. Last I saw he was with Applejack and Twilight. soon though dashie!''

''Well, Pinkie, what can you tell me about your new friend so far?'' The majestic princess of the sun asked

''Hes a really nice human!'' Pinkie exclaimed. Princess Celestia nearly choked on her tea.

''Pinkie, did you say ''Human'' In Twilight's letter, she just said ''A new friend.'' Princess Celestia said

''Don't be silly Pinkie, humans don't exist.'' The cyan colored pegasus said with a scoff.

''Did somepony say a human was gonna be here?'' A voice came from across the room. A green colored unicorn with a lyre cutie mark rushed over to Pinkie.

''Oh yeah, hes a human alright, he said so himself, right Fluttershy?''

''Um, yeah.'' Fluttershy said softly taking a bite out of a cupcake.

''Whats his name?'' Asked the green colored unicorn.

''Yes, what is the humans name?'' Princess Celestia asked

''He couldn't remember it, so we named him Samson!''

''Why did you name him ''Samson?'' The cyan colored pegasus asked

''Well, on his briefcase it said ''Samsonite'' But we decided to shorten it ''Samson'' pinkie said

''Heh, Samson, I like that name.'' The green colored unicorn muttered


Pinkie pie was about to respond then the door swung open and Applejack, Twilight and a strange, bipedal thing entered the room. The music stopped playing and everypony in the roomed stopped chatting and stared at them, more specifically, the bipedal creature that looked kind of menacing to them. It clad itself entirely in clothes, it was almost twice as tall as them, about the same height as princess celestia. To sum it up it looked like a monkey, one that wore a tattered green outfit with green pants with pockets on the sides, worn black boots that were probably very fashionable where he came from, a watch on each arm, and a strap running across his chest witha bunch of metal point things attached to it. The thing had a short shaggy, brown mane, and its eyes were as green as Applejack's. The thing evrypony in the room noticed the most though was its scars. It had 3 claw marks on the left side of its face as if an animal scratched him, a scar running over its right eye, and another scar running down his lips. Still, they continued to stare at him.

''This is a very uncomfortable situation.'' I think to myself. . I quickly scan the room, about 30 ponies Ugh... I have no clue how this is gonna go... Good... I hope...

The first pony to break the silence was a green colored pony who ran up to me in a fast green blur.

''Oh my gosh! oh my gosh! oh my gosh! A real live human!'' she said exictedly pacing around me.“ I have, like, a million questions to ask you. My name is Lyra Heartstrings. I heard that your name is Samson, right?”

''Thats right, nice to meet you Lyra.'' I said extending my hand out for a hand/hoof shake whatever. She took it in her hooves and shook it hard.

“Okay Questions,” said Lyra. She paused, and then bowed her head. “Come on, Lyra, you can do this,” she muttered to herself. She shifted her eyes over to Bon Bon, who was sitting at a nearby table and smiling at her encouragingly. Lyra nodded her head and looked up at me again. “Okay. So, um, what’s it like? You know, what’s it like to have… hands?” I gave her a confused look.

''I don't know... pretty normal I guess. i mean, I'm sure i've had them all my life.''

I’ve read all the stories about humans and there’s just something about your… your hands that fascinates me,” said Lyra. “I just wanted to know what it’s like.”

''Heh, never expected to meet an actual human did you?''

''Well... actually no. Ponies always told me they never existed. But now your here.'' Lyra said, shakily

''Um, Lyra, your shaking, is something wrong?''

''NO! Er, sorry, Its just... I've always dreamed of meeting a human, I never thought it was possible. i'm just so... HAPPY!''

''Well, I'm happy to meet you too, Lyra.'' Lyra smiled at me, and was about to speak, but was cut of by another pony, then a bigger pony approached me, this one was a lot taller than all the other ones, her cutie mark was... a sun. What the hell did that mean? Wait... this is princess celestia isn't it?

''Greetings Samson, I'm Princess Celestia. It's a pleasure to meet you.'' She said in a royal, majestic voice. She was the princess after all... i'm sure everypony back in... what did applejack call it... spoke like this.

''Um, nice to meet you to.'' I said. I didn't know what else to say.

''Tell me Samson, what are your intentions here?'' Princess celestia asked me

''Intentions?''

''Why are you here?''

''I don't know... i just woke up here with a big hole in my memory.''

''What do you remember?''

''Just that I'm from a country from America.''

''wheres that?''

''No idea... your an alicorn right? you can use magic, do you have some sort of spell that will restore my memory?'' Princess Celestia nodded her head and called Twilight over, who was chatting with a white unicorn with a neatly styled purple mane.

''Yes princess?'' Twilight asked

''Twilight, do you remember that memory spell from the discord incident?''

''Of course princess, I remember all my spells. Do you want me to cast it on him?'' Princess Celestia nodded her head again and twilight walked in front of me.

“Hold still, please.” Twilight said as her horn glowed, everypony in the room stopped talking and looked at me. I was surrounded in a bright purple aura. After several long seconds it wore off.

''Did it work?'' Twilight asked smiling

''Nope, still can't remember anything about myself.''

''Thats impossible. That memory spell is incredibly powerful.'' Princess Celestia said

''Well, since your so powerful, why don'y you cast it?'' Princess Celestia sighed and pointed her horn at me, I was then surrounded in a bright golden aura, and after the spell wore off... nothing.

''Did it work now?'' Princess Celestia asked with confidence in her voice.

''Wait, I remember something!'' Everypony moved closer to me to find out what I remembered.

''The city you live in is called Canterlot right?'' Princess celestia and Twilight both facehoofed.

''Ugh... Yes, I live in Canterlot... Do you remember anything besides that?'' Princess celestia asked a bit annoyed.

''Nope.'' I simply said ''So... what now?''

''Do you have a place to stay?''

''Samson is staying with me, princess.'' Twilight said.

''Can I ask something?'' I asked

''Of course Samson.''

''Why would you help someone you barely even know? Someone whos not even... the same species..''

''I see so much pain and suffering in your eyes, you're so young, and yet you've seen things that nopony should ever see... I can feel it, and it breaks my heart." The princess of the sun said with sadness in her voice.

''I don't even know what your talking about? Are you talking about my scars?''

''Yes, you have so many of them. And I can tell they were formed over many years of your life.''

''I don't really mind the scars, they seem kinda cool.''

''Can you tell me something? How does someone so young have eyes so old?'' She asked with concern in her voice.

''Maybe I do a lot of reading, I seem to love reading.''

Ugh... The party went on for several long hours, and I spent most of the time chatting to Princess Celestia, Twilight, and Lyra. This ''Rainbow dash'' Didn't seem to like me, She seemed really suspicious. And this ''Rarity'' spent about a half hour criticizing my outfit. That it was ''Filthy'' and it had looked like I've been through a war. I had this weird feeling in my gut that Lyra was interested in me. Nah, its just because I was human. Everypony seemed really concerned about my scars. Well, this is my new life now, i can't remember anthing about myself. But I suppose some things are better off forgotten.

''Goodnight Samson!'' Twilight called from upstairs interrupting my thoughts

''Goodnight Twilight! Goodnight Spike!'' I called up at them.

''Goodnight Samson!'' Spike called

''Life is gonna be perfect here.'' I thought to myself before falling asleep.

*many years ago, march 5th*

''Boo!'' A male voice yelled

''fascist!'' A female voice yelled

''Fire! fire!'' Someone else yelled in a mocking voice

''Tosser!'' A male voice yelled *sound of a hard object hitting someone*

''Argh! Damn you! Fire Everything!'' Another male voice yelled

*Sounds of multiple guns going off, sounds of screaming and yelling*

''AAHH!'' Some one screamed

''Murderers!'' Another screamed

''Run!'' Someone yelled

''Uncle Ben!'' A young voice cried out ''No! Bastards! I'll kill you for this!''

*More sounds of screaming, yelling, glass smashing, and the butt of a gun hitting someone*